Round 2 (#53): Eagles select Jalen Hurts (Oklahoma QB)

Moderator6

Just now, NOTW said:

What. Theeeee. Hell?

Should've taken DE Epenesa.

Thought he was going to be the pick

4 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

If Hurts were a 2nd Round talent with real potential I would agree with you.

s

21 minutes ago, TOisStillaPuss? said:

A hypothetical:

Suppose Carson Wentz has his best year this year, stays healthy and we win it all again. Was this pick worth it?

We're not winning anything without better players on D.  

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

We have Suds for a backup, plus we have the option of bringing in Flacco or bringing McCown back. Round 2 is NOT the place to get a guy you hope never sees the field.

So we have a starting qb who has had bad luck finishing out seasons. Then we have suds who has even worse luck staying healthy and has zero valuable game time experience. If that doesn’t scream needing to find another guy I don’t know what does. You say 2nd is to early for a backup I say any qb in the league outside of tb12 worth a damn is picked 3rd round or higher if not for russel Wilson I would say 2nd. I don’t like dak so I don’t count him. QBs who can run an nfl offense aren’t available in the 5th we saw that with thorson who was a waste of a pick. hurts will play and can be very good. Flacco and McCown cannot run our offense the way it should be run. Neither of them can push the ball down the field especially with the new found speed we have in reagor Jackson and sanders and hopefully one more. Flacco is garbage I don’t want him anywhere near our team especially at his price tag. McCown is ok for the coaching aspect but I’d much rather hurts in a playoff game because he can win us a game on offense unlike McCown needing our defense to carry us 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bloodtype_Green said:

A) Exactly the point, when you have a 100 million dollar QB your only realistic option is a drafted QB, preferably one with real potential.  They cant afford anything else.

B) That is pure speculation.

WRONG, it's right out of the mouth of Doug. He said Wentz and Hurts is going to be their version of Flacco/Lamar and Brees/Hill.

I'm done watching the draft. I'm beyond pissed right now.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Hit the hard liquor already huh

That's not liquor.  That's top quality weed and LSD.

There is really no credible way to justify this pick. I usually am a fan of Howie, but you don’t spend a 2nd round pick on a guy you hope never has to play. I hated when they picked Kolb, but McNabb was at least in his 30s. This is insane. 

And maybe they try Taysom Hill style gadget plays. OK. You still don’t waste a 2nd on that. Hell, Greg Ward could do some of that. 

• Like 3

I'm a Philly 4 for 4 diehard and I generally go out of my way to be optimistic about every team.........

But his has disaster written all over it. 

Only hope is that this lights a fire under Wentz and he comes out playing like an MVP. 

2 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

WRONG, it's right out of the mouth of Doug. He said Wentz and Hurts is going to be their version of Flacco/Lamar and Brees/Hill.

We'll believe it when we see it. 

Plus its insurance for Wentz, which is unfortunately very necessary.

Just now, vikas83 said:

There is really no credible way to justify this pick. I usually am a fan of Howie, but you don’t spend a 2nd round pick on a guy you hope never has to play. I hated when they picked Kolb, but McNabb was at least in his 30s. This is insane. 

And maybe they try Taysom Hill style gadget plays. OK. You still don’t waste a 2nd on that. Hell, Greg Ward could do some of that. 

All out of likes but this x10000000000

Just now, vikas83 said:

he was the best player on their board. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Milkman420 said:

So we have a starting qb who has had bad luck finishing out seasons. Then we have suds who has even worse luck staying healthy and has zero valuable game time experience. If that doesn’t scream needing to find another guy I don’t know what does. You say 2nd is to early for a backup I say any qb in the league outside of tb12 worth a damn is picked 3rd round or higher if not for russel Wilson I would say 2nd. I don’t like dak so I don’t count him. QBs who can run an nfl offense aren’t available in the 5th we saw that with thorson who was a waste of a pick. hurts will play and can be very good. Flacco and McCown cannot run our offense the way it should be run. Neither of them can push the ball down the field especially with the new found speed we have in reagor Jackson and sanders and hopefully one more. Flacco is garbage I don’t want him anywhere near our team especially at his price tag. McCown is ok for the coaching aspect but I’d much rather hurts in a playoff game because he can win us a game on offense unlike McCown needing our defense to carry us 

That's all well and good if your team is strong all around, but we are not. We could still use help at WR, and all 3 levels of the defense. This was an absolutely horrific pick given OUR situation. It's a really bad pick regardless since you hope he never plays, but we don't have the luxury of wasting picks like this.

2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

So guys should we draft Giroux or Voracek in the 3rd?

Which one has the better beard?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

I was at Tennis and we picked a QB in the second round. Wtf is Howie doing?

WTF are you doing at tennis, jk

• Haha 2

Just now, vsptroops said:

Which one has the better beard?

Oh that's not even a close one. Voracek has the best one in the league lol.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bloodtype_Green said:

a second round pick is a tremendous price for QB insurance when you have holes everywhere on both sides of the ball. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bloodtype_Green said:

tHOh3cbq_bigger.jpg

Doug Pederson brings up Drew Brees + Taysom Hill and Joe Flacco + Lamar Jackson when talking about what the Eagles could do with Carson Wentz and Jalen Hurts. Stresses that Hurts is a really good passing QB.