Round 2 (#53): Eagles select Jalen Hurts (Oklahoma QB)

Moderator6

OT: This Cabela's commercial that keeps popping up. They are frickin TURKEYS if you gotta gear up like you are Seal Team 6 to hunt a turkey you got issues bro.

Never before has Howie’s smug attitude truly annoyed me... until the Hurts press conference. It snapped me out of my shock. Now I’m angry.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

a second round pick is a tremendous price for QB insurance when you have holes everywhere on both sides of the ball. 

Half of second round picks amount to nothing in the NFL.  I wouldn't call insurance for an injury prone QB tremendous.  

• Like 1

Just now, SBorBust said:

Never before has Howie’s smug attitude truly annoyed me... until the Hurts press conference. It snapped me out of my shock. Now I’m angry.

What did he say?

9 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

WRONG, it's right out of the mouth of Doug. He said Wentz and Hurts is going to be their version of Flacco/Lamar and Brees/Hill.

I don't think that quite works. 

1) Lamar was the clear successor to Flacco while Hill is the gadget guy going into his 4th year.  

2) Lamar was a first round pick.  Hill was Undrafted

3) A third reason

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Hit the hard liquor already huh

12 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

That's not liquor.  That's top quality weed and LSD.

Some pure ketamine would be perfect right now

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NoDak Eagle said:

I see it as more motivation for him. He’s a competitor to the tenth degree 

I feel sorry for Carson. He plays great with trash last season. We fully expected Howie to get him weapons in the offseason and he does this. A backup QB when there's still a bunch of needs elsewhere

1 hour ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Raise your hand if this makes sense to you

It makes sense if you:

A)  think your starting QB may get hurt   OR

B)  think you may have to make a move at the QB position somewhere down the road

:whistle:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Godfather said:

F Hurts. Idc that he's an Eagle. I wish him nothing but the worst

He didn’t pick himself. That bonehead Howie screwed this up. Howie just used a 2nd round pick on at worst a gadget player or Carson’s eventual replacement. Carson would be only 30-31 at that time. Not exactly an old timer for a QB, but clearly this move indicates the Eagles do not believe in the durability of Carson. 

6 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

I think I'd rather watch edps reaction

Hey Carson, you just dragged us to a division title with your teeth. Now here is a hand grenade with the pin pulled called QB controversy.

Signed,

The guy that just gave you 100 million dollars

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Quiet Boy said:

I'm an incredible teammate also. Can you sign me? I'll bake brownies for everyone. 

8 minutes ago, Bloodtype_Green said:

Half of second round picks amount to nothing in the NFL.  I wouldn't call insurance for an injury prone QB tremendous.  

Man any position in the draft is a crapshoot. Seriously would you rather have this kid as a 2nd round backup or would you rather have given this pick  used that 2nd to get Lamb or even better Hopkins? 

5 minutes ago, McNabbIsDone said:

It makes sense if you:

B)  think you may have to make a move at the QB position somewhere down the road

So you're telling me you'd feel good w this kid taking meaningful snaps?

I hope it doesn’t become a problem that Wentz seems corny and, by all accounts, Hurts seems like a leader.

Howie said on his interview that they drafted Hurts because he was a great player, a "GREAT GUY," and a "GREAT PERSON."

Howie always looking for players with character that is off the charts. Character can't be taught. Cannot have too much character guys on the team.  

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

He didn’t pick himself. That bonehead Howie screwed this up. Howie just used a 2nd round pick on at worst a gadget player or Carson’s eventual replacement. Carson would be only 30-31 at that time. Not exactly an old timer for a QB, but clearly this move indicates the Eagles do not believe in the durability of Carson. 

Ok cool take him in the 3rd rd. 2nd? F

11 minutes ago, paco said:

I don't think that quite works. 

1) Lamar was the clear successor to Flacco while Hill is the gadget guy going into his 4th year.  

2) Lamar was a first round pick.  Hill was Undrafted

3) A third reason

Yes, and Hill’s gimmick only worked against us, ironically 

5 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Hey Carson, you just dragged us to a division title with your teeth. Now here is a hand grenade with the pin pulled called QB controversy.

Signed,

The guy that just gave you 100 million dollars

Been stating for a while the Eagles FO just keeps sending mixed messages. 

8 minutes ago, McNabbIsDone said:

It makes sense if you:

Some dude is posting anywhere and everywhere on Twitter that he thinks Wentz would pull a Luck on us and retire in a few. You’re only crazy until it happens....

1 minute ago, Godfather said:

Ok cool take him in the 3rd rd. 2nd? F

I totally agree! I think it’s a horrible move, but again when I saw DP’s face after the picked I was quite shocked how happy he looked the Eagles made this move. It’s crazy to me how none of them realize they have voluntarily created a QB controversy in the very near future. 

• Like 1