**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

2 hours ago, ggs5008 said:

Shake plays so under control, it's unreal. His game reminds me of jrue holiday in that fashion.  

And his contract is an absolute steal. 2 more years left. 

Add on he looks like chad Boseman’s brother. 

Article says everything we have been saying for over a year now.  

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/1/15/22232686/sixers-shooters-ben-simmons-joel-embiid

The more glaring issue is that he struggles to score from anywhere outside of 3 feet from the basket. Simmons is shooting 33.3 percent between 3 and 10 feet and zero percent between 10 feet and the 3-point line. That trend goes back to his rookie season. 

Simmons doesn’t really have a plan when he can’t get to the rim. He can’t shoot off the dribble, and has never had a consistent floater. The end result when he’s forced to shoot are off-balance shots that don’t have much chance.

Simmons has not fundamentally changed as a player in four seasons in the league. There’s no guarantee that he ever will. The best chance of getting more out of him is putting him in a different role with different players around him. That just can’t happen in Philadelphia.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shepard Wong said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/rockets-owner-reportedly-nixed-trading-173136898.html

No idea how true this is but I haven't heard this mentioned anywhere else since the trade.

Makes sense why would the owner want to deal with the GM that just said he is taking time off just to go some where else. 

15 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Makes sense why would the owner want to deal with the GM that just said he is taking time off just to go some where else. 

There were certainly whispers about that early in the process so I’m not really surprised I guess.

Honestly.....NO F'ING WAY do I give up what the Nets did.....or even Ben, Matisse, Maxey, 3 1st round picks, 3 swaps.  Now...that being said, Ben needs to go....whether for Beal, or someone else.  The fact that an NBA player, the #1 pick in the draft REFUSES to improve, expand his game is mind numbing to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

I think the source is Morey who is trying to save face 

Save face for what? Not overpaying for a selfish, out of shape player?

I'm sure Ben's 15ppg will carry them 

Noah Levick: Joel Embiid (right knee pain) won’t travel with the Sixers on road trip to Memphis and OKC. Mike Scott (right knee soreness) also won’t travel with the team. 

I was just thinking about DeAngelo Russell again. That team just teamed him up with this boy KAT. And they suck. 

Hes still a great fit to pair with Embiid. 

After this year he has 2 years remaining on his deal. So it expires sooner than Bens. But he is also still only 24.

I am also high on Naz Reid. Hes super athletic at Center, and shoots the 3 really well. I think he would be able to give stretch 4 minutes as a major improvement Scott. Future Howard replacement. Heck, if hes around long enough he might be a future Embiid replacement when Joel breaks down. 

I dont feel those 2 are quite equal value for Ben (although his value has begun diminishing). Would hope to add about 2 first round picks. 

Minnesota needs someone with star power there. I dont think KAT or Russell put butts in seats. Ben does. Id like Morey to call.

7 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I'm sure Ben's 15ppg will carry them 

Noah Levick: Joel Embiid (right knee pain) won’t travel with the Sixers on road trip to Memphis and OKC. Mike Scott (right knee soreness) also won’t travel with the team. 

oh great...

So Joel already missed action for his back. Now missing more games for his knee. In a shortened season, already 2 injuries causing missed time. And, this is what we are getting in his "prime".

41 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I was just thinking about DeAngelo Russell again. That team just teamed him up with this boy KAT. And they suck. 

Hes still a great fit to pair with Embiid. 

After this year he has 2 years remaining on his deal. So it expires sooner than Bens. But he is also still only 24.

I am also high on Naz Reid. Hes super athletic at Center, and shoots the 3 really well. I think he would be able to give stretch 4 minutes as a major improvement Scott. Future Howard replacement. Heck, if hes around long enough he might be a future Embiid replacement when Joel breaks down. 

I dont feel those 2 are quite equal value for Ben (although his value has begun diminishing). Would hope to add about 2 first round picks. 

Minnesota needs someone with star power there. I dont think KAT or Russell put butts in seats. Ben does. Id like Morey to call.

oh great...

So Joel already missed action for his back. Now missing more games for his knee. In a shortened season, already 2 injuries causing missed time. And, this is what we are getting in his "prime".

Yup. Like we have been saying they better move fast in finding someone that can make them a contender very soon. 

11 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yup. Like we have been saying they better move fast in finding someone that can make them a contender very soon. 

Russell, or Rozier.... Someone on that tier who wont cost an insane amount, on a team that doesnt attract star power- Ben would be a big ticket for them. 

Kinda like Rozier better to be honest. Better at going to the FT line, better defender, more recent playoff experience...

Im still interested in a Sexton+Love deal too. Sexton is shooting over 51% on 3.9 attempts from 3 this year. Talk about shooting improvement. Not a fluke either, his overall shooting % is up too. 3rd year in the league scoring went from 16ppg to 20.8ppp to now over 25ppg this year. Hes rapidly improving. All you need from him is to eventually bring up his assist numbers. As of now, he is a better version of Jrue Holiday if you look back at Jrue's numbers early in his career. 

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Russell, or Rozier.... Someone on that tier who wont cost an insane amount, on a team that doesnt attract star power- Ben would be a big ticket for them. 

Kinda like Rozier better to be honest. Better at going to the FT line, better defender, more recent playoff experience...

Im still interested in a Sexton+Love deal too. Sexton is shooting over 51% on 3.9 attempts from 3 this year. Talk about shooting improvement. Not a fluke either, his overall shooting % is up too. 3rd year in the league scoring went from 16ppg to 20.8ppp to now over 25ppg this year. Hes rapidly improving. All you need from him is to eventually bring up his assist numbers. As of now, he is a better version of Jrue Holiday if you look back at Jrue's numbers early in his career. 

I think they have to get a scorer and maintain some level of defense. I know russell is terrible with defense. Does sexton defend? I know love is a no. Rozier might be the best choice unless sexton can 

24 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I think they have to get a scorer and maintain some level of defense. I know russell is terrible with defense. Does sexton defend? I know love is a no. Rozier might be the best choice unless sexton can 

I havent watched enough Sexton closely in the NBA to say for sure, but I think I do recall good defense noted in scouting reports in college. Hes only like 6'2'' but good length, great athleticism and was noted to be a physical defender. He has all the tools. 

Even if he was a little small coming in to the NBA, looking at his rapid growth on offense, Id bet hes improving defensively as well. 

In a hypothetical Sexton trade, Love is a salary filler (who also fits well as a stretch 4). Sexton is on the rookie contract and isnt  anywhere close to matching Simmons money. Youd need to take Love. 

If I was Morey cold calling teams about a Ben for PG trade Id rank them

1. Sexton

2. Rozier

3. Russell

pipe dream would be Fox ahead of all of them. 

Just has to be a reason Russell is on his 4th team and is only 24. A major red flag. 

Rozier doesn't create for others and Harris/Green/Curry can't create off the bounce on a consistent basis. Rozier only averages 2.7 assists over his 6 years. 

Sexton also doesn't create for others. Only averages like 3 assists a game for his 3 year career. No improvement at all

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Just has to be a reason Russell is on his 4th team and is only 24. A major red flag. 

Rozier doesn't create for others and Harris/Green/Curry can't create off the bounce on a consistent basis 

There just isn't anything special about russell. He is a decent scorer is an ok playmaker/passer and is average to below average with everything else. He isn't very athletic so he already has hit his ceiling and he is a terrible defender because of that and lack of effort. 

This is coming from a fan of Russell. At 24 he is what he is at this point. 

Rozier doesn't create for others and Harris/Green/Curry can't create off the bounce on a consistent basis 

Curry seems quite adept at creating off the bounce. We didnt know that before he got here, but hes been consistent with that skill here. 

I dont think we need much creating for others from the guards. That pretty much happens automatically when the ball gets to Embiid. 

As for Russell, I havent heard stories yet about him being a bad teammate. I feel like he is a Tobias Harris type where theres this perceived upside as a scorer, and then he just underwhelms. Hes kinda been the same player for quite a while now. The most hes ever averaged was 23ppg in his partial season with GSW. With the reputation he used to have as a scorer youd think hes been a consistent 25ppg guy for years but, hes not ever been that.  You also have the flaws of weak defense, and coming up small in playoffs. That all equates to an overpaid skilled journeyman. BUT, I like his fit for us, while also trying to be thinking on a realistic tier after bowing out on Harden.

On Cavs I don't like much but

Garland, Nance, Osman 

For

Simmons

I dont like much, but Sexton is improving at a ridiculous rate and I figure with taking Love youre guaranteed to get some 1sts packaged in.

With Ben, and Garland, and not much else, those picks will be very nice picks. 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

I dont like much, but Sexton is improving at a ridiculous rate and I figure with taking Love youre guaranteed to get some 1sts packaged in.

With Ben, and Garland, and not much else, those picks will be very nice picks. 

He is improving but his assist rate hasn't changed at all. I worry that kid has never played in a winning situation and its not about getting your numbers anymore. 

I kind of wish they would have done the TWolves pick and fillers for Ben. 

I think Ball would have been a great fit in this offense. 

Hilarious he never told him this in person like he was too scared.