Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte now airing

NOTW

6 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Is Rosario every nerds wet dream? She was in the Marvel tv series, now in Star Wars, voiced a bunch on the DC side of the fence, has done video games for those nerds, Men in Black for the SciFi nerds, and told us in Clerks to that asstomouth is okay. Did I leave anything out? 

Also Sin City, Tarantino's DeathProof,  Men in Black 2, Zombieland 2...she's got the Comic Con crowd for sure. 

On 12/4/2020 at 4:02 AM, Dwide Schrude said:

This show is so awesome. 

little bit of my opinion-

I thought it’d be difficult for this episode to compare to the Tano episode, but this one was pretty close. Moved the plot nicely with some foreshadowing, had some good Easter eggs, and There was a certain scene that was a nice little treat for Star Wars fans who loved the originals. I’d say this episode is the 2nd best episode of the season so far, just a tad behind the Tano episode. I could honestly understand if for some it’d be the best episode of the season so far. I won’t get into great detail cause spoilers but I get a feeling this was a testing ground for another potential live action series. I’m sure you guys will figure out who I’m talking about. 

for a slow start, this show has came back in a major way. 

Agree all around. Another fabulous episode!

20 hours ago, Weaponx01 said:

I don’t expect Ashoka to show back up in the finale(s), but I do expect some Jedi to show up and help them pull off what they need to do at the last second.

I think Ahsoka will be back for at least the finale (assume there's 2 more eps). Also, Disney is really pushing the Fallen Order video game (great game btw!) franchise and I think the Jedi who trains Grogu could be Cal Kestis.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Cal_Kestis

Mace Windu also is rumored to return. They could make that work since we never saw his body. 

18 hours ago, opengeo said:

Agree all around. Another fabulous episode!

I think Ahsoka will be back for at least the finale (assume there's 2 more eps). Also, Disney is really pushing the Fallen Order video game (great game btw!) franchise and I think the Jedi who trains Grogu could be Cal Kestis.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Cal_Kestis

Mace Windu also is rumored to return. They could make that work since we never saw his body. 

I’m honestly ok with all of those options.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Weaponx01 said:

I’m honestly ok with all of those options.

I'm assuming he's still MIA considering Ashoka is looking for Thrawn so maybe a bit less likely, but still I would throw out Ezra Bridgers as a possibility too.  Plenty of references to "Rebels" already (loth cat, Thrawn, dark saber etc).

• Like 1

all i will say about this week's episode is  .....

Spoiler

boba mutha Fing fett !!!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

I'm assuming he's still MIA considering Ashoka is looking for Thrawn so maybe a bit less likely, but still I would throw out Ezra Bridgers as a possibility too.  Plenty of references to "Rebels" already (loth cat, Thrawn, dark saber etc).

thats my guess. somehow he gets tied into this. remember filoni is very deep in this series so his connection to the animated series is already there. dont forget sabine as well as a possible future character. 

15 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Of course... 

Although Dawson is a popular and acclaimed actress who has conquered genre fandom in both the DC and Marvel universes, the possibility of her entry into the Star Wars galaxy came under fire early on due to troubling accusations. In 2019, transgender handyman Dedrek Finley filed a civil lawsuit accusing Dawson of holding him down while her mother beat him, as well as accusing her family of misgendering and deadnaming abuse. 

Poor guy.  How much do you think it would cost to get her to do this to me?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Poor guy.  How much do you think it would cost to get her to do this to me?

Dawson opened up to Vanity Fair about the controversy, as the outlet reports that 18 of the 20 claims have been withdrawn, with the other two counts awaiting the Los Angeles County Superior Court's decision soon on whether to proceed.

According to Vanity Fair, the claims of misgendering and discrimination were revoked, while the accusations of a physical altercation remain on the table. Vanity Fair also reports that no settlement was made.

On 12/5/2020 at 12:21 PM, Agent23 said:

Is Rosario every nerds wet dream? She was in the Marvel tv series, now in Star Wars, voiced a bunch on the DC side of the fence, has done video games for those nerds, Men in Black for the SciFi nerds, and told us in Clerks to that asstomouth is okay. Did I leave anything out? 

And you can check her out in Kids if you're a perv..which every nerd is.

I started Rebels, and recently watched the final season of the Clone Wars.  Rebels is ok, I don't really care about the main characters but I like having more SW content and looking at more of the "SW Universe."  

It seems that the new characters and plot lines are creating questions against the main live action movies though.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I started Rebels, and recently watched the final season of the Clone Wars.  Rebels is ok, I don't really care about the main characters but I like having more SW content and looking at more of the "SW Universe."  

It seems that the new characters and plot lines are creating questions against the main live action movies though.  

i didn't think rebels was as good, but still enjoyable. it really connects towards the end to some of the characters and references we are seeing/hearing in mandalorian. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i didn't think rebels was as good, but still enjoyable. it really connects towards the end to some of the characters and references we are seeing/hearing in mandalorian. 

I have heard some spoilers and info about Rebels so I'm looking forward to seeing some of the developments.

But some of the things they've created in these series don't line up with the movies.  The way stormtroopers were in TCW is not at all how they were in the OG trilogy.  There were several living Jedi (former, padawans that never completed training, former Sith) alive during the events of A New Hope and Leai's father Senator Organa knew about them.  We even know Baby Yoda was born the same year as Anakin, the Jedi Council never sensed it.  The introduction of the Inquisitor in Rebels.  It's neat SW stuff that makes you wish the movies had incorporated these ideas too. 

58 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I have heard some spoilers and info about Rebels so I'm looking forward to seeing some of the developments.

But some of the things they've created in these series don't line up with the movies.  The way stormtroopers were in TCW is not at all how they were in the OG trilogy.  There were several living Jedi (former, padawans that never completed training, former Sith) alive during the events of A New Hope and Leai's father Senator Organa knew about them.  We even know Baby Yoda was born the same year as Anakin, the Jedi Council never sensed it.  The introduction of the Inquisitor in Rebels.  It's neat SW stuff that makes you wish the movies had incorporated these ideas too. 

this is my thought on it as well. not to knock the two animated series, but this material would've translated to live action and the big screen. tell me those last four episodes of clone wars wouldnt have made an awesome movie. 

A lot of this is hindsight. The prequels are so disjointed and focused on the wrong parts of the story. In fact, the sequels have the same problem. The tv shows have the advantage of extra time to focus on things and to plan all the way through.

13 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

this is my thought on it as well. not to knock the two animated series, but this material would've translated to live action and the big screen. tell me those last four episodes of clone wars wouldnt have made an awesome movie. 

I usually dislike reboots & its crazy to suggest it, because Star Wars is such a cultural staple. Even though they reboot Batman every 5-10 years. And yeah we already know how the sky walker story goes. But I sometimes wish we could get a reboot on the franchise, I definitely feel like Filoni could make it a masterpiece. I mean it’s probably best to leave the originals alone, but If they redid the prequels that’d be cool. None of that matters too much though if they continue what they’re doing & keep branching off and exploring more of the SW universe

as far as rebels goes, it is decent. But not that great. I got really into season 1 but have been on and off with trying finish the show since.