Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte now airing

NOTW

3 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Oh there’s going to be white people crying. Mainly the studio heads and investors 

She's apparently talking about white people crying due to empathy for the black characters suffering in the movie "The Hate U Give."

• Like 1

Media vs fans in one image.The series isn't trending well for paying customers and I just cannot think why that is?

GPV3DRFbYAAAE46?format=jpg&name=medium

9 hours ago, NOTW said:

She's apparently talking about white people crying due to empathy for the black characters suffering in the movie "The Hate U Give."

wait, zuker posted another BS link without taking any time to vet it in order to avoid another possible ...... DOH moment?

11 hours ago, NOTW said:

That's not as fun

I still haven't watched the 2nd episode. I'm sure I will at some point, but the fact that I've let it sit unwatched for a few days when I've never done that with any of the other Star Wars shows speaks to how "meh" the first episode was. The characters were cookie cutter and sterile. The plot is something I would have come up with when I was 7 playing with the action figures. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I still haven't watched the 2nd episode. I'm sure I will at some point, but the fact that I've let it sit unwatched for a few days when I've never done that with any of the other Star Wars shows speaks to how "meh" the first episode was. The characters were cookie cutter and sterile. The plot is something I would have come up with when I was 7 playing with the action figures. 

meh is pretty spot on. for both episodes. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gannan said:

Yes, but was it the gayest SW ever? Did it crush the patriarchy?

Watched both episodes. 

Yeah, meh. Not bad, just meh.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NOTW said:

Watched both episodes. 

Yeah, meh. Not bad, just meh.

I watched the 2nd episode. The verdict is in....

1d8e0f6d-fcbf-4bfe-bb06-7d8136e3db5a_tex

Non-spoiler notes:

• Overall, the potential was there but the execution lacking.
  • I like the attempt to bring in martial arts fighting style. But it was mostly weak compared to others we've seen over the years. If you're going to do it, do it right.
  • Casting Carrie Anne Moss as a Jedi, great. She was in the Matrix so we know she can can do the fight choreography. But like the above, the potential was better than the execution.
  • The look of the sets, droids, costumes, etc. was fine for the SW universe. Some of the location shots had nice scenery at least.
  • The writing is very elementary and at times just silly. I do believe that Leslye Headland tried and wanted to make a good show, and there are some elements that could work but again, the way it was executed was underwhelming
  • Most of the casting is terrible except for Carrie Anne Moss and Lee Jung-jae. There are actors that are way too young to be portraying the characters that should be older.
  • We get it: you want more women in SW. But they went over the top with so many women. Yes there are a few men in it. But the majority of leaders, Jedi and younglings class are women or girls. That specifically doesn't hurt the story but it's noticeable and takes you out of the story a bit to realize they are forcing it. By comparison, Andor, Rogue One and The Mandalorian have diverse casts that are balanced and make sense.
  • I do like getting more non-human Jedi involved. The prequels should have had more of that, they were more in the background. But they come across like old cheesy sci-fi.
  • I really like the idea of using all new characters so far back in history from the movies...but just give fans something similar to KOTOR already. The Jedi in this feel like the knock off version purchased on Wish. There's no aura, no wow factor, no badass factor. The Jedi temple scenes feel like bad 60s sci-fi.
  • Like 1

For anyone who hasn't seen it, the pitch was likely "Let's do a lesbian Star Wars version of Kill Bill". There are several lines of dialogue just flat out stolen from Tarantino's script. 

21 hours ago, NOTW said:

Non-spoiler notes:

• I really like the idea of using all new characters so far back in history from the movies...but just give fans something similar to KOTOR already. The Jedi in this feel like the knock off version purchased on Wish. There's no aura, no wow factor, no badass factor. The Jedi temple scenes feel like bad 60s sci-fi.

Hedland reportedly has her eyes on making a KOTOR TV series.  Most companies would pass on that if the ratings and reviews continue to be as bad as they are for the Acolyte, but as Kathleen Kennedy seems so intent on destroying the old Star Wars legacy and wasting lots of money doing it, it will be greenlit and flop hard when no one watches it.

In better news, info is coming out about Andor's 2nd season. coming in 2025  - i's 12 episodes long and the writers are broken down as

• The first, second, and third episodes will be written by series showrunner Tony Gilroy, who wrote the opening and closing arcs of Season 1 and wrote additional material for Rogue One before that.
  • The fourth, fifth and sixth episodes will be written by Beau Willimon, who wrote the Narkina 5 arc of Season 1 and is co-writing the Star Wars movie set in the Dawn of the Jedi era with James Mangold.
  • The seventh, eighth, and ninth episodes will be written by Dan Gilroy, who wrote the Aldhani arc of Season 1 and co-wrote The Bourne Legacy and Kong: Skull Island.
  • The tenth, eleventh, and twelfth episodes will be written by Tom Bissell, writer of multiple games in the Gears of War series and author of The Disaster Artist.

More adults in the room on this one, and definitely less "gayness" on show. Will anyone watch it? Nope, Star Wars is a dead brand to most normies and nerds now.

• Like 1

• Haha 2

This account :lol:

20240608_213140.jpg

• Haha 2

• Haha 1

20240608_220220.jpg

• Haha 1

• Haha 1

20240610_111415.jpg

I stopped watching after Obi Wan.   I never watched any of the cartoons so I don't care about the Ashoka thing.

Andor was good, Kenobi annoyed me.  Boba Fett was meh.  I'll watch the Mandalorian movie when it finally winds up on Disney+.

I couldn't care less about The Acolyte or any of the other movies or shows that are being planned. 

9 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Screenshot_20240610_222651_Facebook.jpg

It shows how out of synch the media and creatives are with their customer base.  This is the media, nowadays

5feab358ec90530a4c2434fa2365107ec1c4cb4f