Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte now airing

NOTW

12 hours ago, NOTW said:

While I am not bothered by this, it does beg the question - in a non-serious manner while I eat lunch.

Are they assuming that the alien species follows the modern day human species perspective on gender/pronouns and don't have/use pronouns that unique to the species?  Or if they have a concept of gender at all.

The scene is potentially misgendering the individual by enforcing a human sense of gender onto an alien race without their expressed permission.  So are Disney unintentionally showing that pronouns are in fact hard to enforce without basic assumptions about both sides in a conversation, So use of pronouns is a potentially tricky minefield to walk on?

If you are gonna go there to virtue signal in a clunky way, think it through properly, or just think it through a little. Or just don't go there at all.

🤣

Ya'll deserve this for not backing Andor.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Andor was good, and the next series so far looks to have a good plan for progressing the story.  Just a shame that no one watched it as it's by far the best live action series alongside Mando Season 1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

Ya'll deserve this for not backing Andor.

Huh? Everyone loved Andor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Huh? Everyone loved Andor.

Loved it so much it got semi cancelled into 3 episode finish. It was very well reviewed, the fans didn't love it so much.

30 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Loved it so much it got semi cancelled into 3 episode finish. It was very well reviewed, the fans didn't love it so much.

No idea what you're talking about. 

Andor.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

No idea what you're talking about. 

Andor.png

So why they cancel it? Star wars fans weren't into it.  Sad but true.

Andor s2 is 12 eps, broken into mini series that help deal with the time leap between where it ended in s1 and the film.  No fast travel in a series written by adults.

Andor's issues were 2 fold. 1, it started slowly (but steadily grew viewership to the finale) and 2 it's surrounded by so much corny Star Wars crap, people flicking through a streaming service found it hard to differentiate with its neighbours. An indicator of the lack of trust in Star Wars.

Speaking off a lack of trust...

16 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

So why they cancel it? Star wars fans weren't into it.  Sad but true.

Still no idea what you're talking about. They are making a season 2. It was not a cancelled show. It ran it's first season to completion.

The show creator and star both said in an interview that their original plan was to make it 5 seasons. They said after they shot the first 5 or 6 episodes (so before any audiences saw it), they realized they took on too much and it wouldn't work to do 5 seasons. So they decided to make 2 seasons instead.

Fans have loved Andor, it has a high RT score, fans on social media have praised it and said they want more. The only complaint I read about it at all was that it was a slow burn. 

• Like 2

5 seasons would have been too much. 2 seasons works perfectly for a program that we know the ending of.

So, if I’m reading this correctly, being born to lesbians created one of the worst mass murderers that the entire universe has ever known?

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, The_Omega said:

So, if I’m reading this correctly, being born to lesbians created one of the worst mass murderers that the entire universe has ever known?

The power of maaaaannnnyyyyy.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Damn dude, that makes this program even worse. Especially if the "Sith" is the mother; Lesbian Witches started a galactic genocide? The Force Genocide is Female...

Not the flex Lucasfilm thought it was

5 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Damn dude, that makes this program even worse. Especially if the "Sith" is the mother; Lesbian Witches started a galactic genocide? The Force Genocide is Female...

Not the flex Lucasfilm thought it was

the level of girl on girl hate is sad. 

16 hours ago, NOTW said:

Still no idea what you're talking about. They are making a season 2. It was not a cancelled show. It ran it's first season to completion.

The show creator and star both said in an interview that their original plan was to make it 5 seasons. They said after they shot the first 5 or 6 episodes (so before any audiences saw it), they realized they took on too much and it wouldn't work to do 5 seasons. So they decided to make 2 seasons instead.

Fans have loved Andor, it has a high RT score, fans on social media have praised it and said they want more. The only complaint I read about it at all was that it was a slow burn. 

he's still reeling over the lack of support for his favorite movie of all time, TLJ. 

that and he hates cheesesteaks, so there's an obvious metal issue. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

the level of girl on girl hate is sad. 

It's largely men commenting because Star Wars was a product at conception built for men that women could enjoy too. Changing a boys brand to a girls one in the manner they have, was always going to attract live fire if the results were bad. If 80% of customers are dudes, then more dudes will comment on it.

The way around it was to make the best product ever, so even the most stubborn man would think, this is great. Disney have managed to make it worse, so more people are comfortable saying, nah, this is bad.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NOTW said:

Ok I just saw that season 2 is a full 12 episode season, I had understood they had cut it down to just 3 episodes.  So I stand corrected, you only deserve this for what you did to TLJ.

16 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

It's largely men commenting because Star Wars was a product at conception built for men that women could enjoy too. Changing a boys brand to a girls one in the manner they have, was always going to attract live fire if the results were bad. If 80% of customers are dudes, then more dudes will comment on it.

The way around it was to make the best product ever, so even the most stubborn man would think, this is great. Disney have managed to make it worse, so more people are comfortable saying, nah, this is bad.

the franchise was already filled with female heroes and leads. every damn movie and show has/had them. the whole concept that the bad ratings are a result of males not accepting one is a BS, made up narrative to cover up for bad product. 

in reality it shows that the ridiculous claim that putting women in charge would suddenly change the world was BS. we now see that women are just as power hungry and full of sheet, as men., or whatever you identify as in between. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The_Omega said:

It Takes a Village | Book by Hillary Rodham Clinton | Official Publisher  Page | Simon & Schuster

I haven't watched ep 4, I might wait to binge these idk. But from reaction I saw online, spoilers:

Spoiler

Ki-Adi-Mundi appears, but fans pointed out that according to his bio he wasn't actually born yet

There is a fight against the Sith that fans are saying goes against canon, because in the prequels they say the Sith haven't been around in forever. But I also saw someone counter that in the show, they say they simply won't inform the council so that covers it?

I also read that it's boring and the characters wander around for no reason filling time

I am overjoyed this franchise that hasn’t had a good idea or execution since the 1980’s is finally being put out of its god forsaken misery.

Oh, and the empire are the good guys.

20240621_225518.jpg

• Haha 1