Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte now airing

NOTW

You could smell the woke coming on this series from 12 parsecs away

nobody should be surprised 

• Haha 1

On 6/21/2024 at 10:46 PM, NOTW said:

I haven't watched ep 4, I might wait to binge these idk. But from reaction I saw online, spoilers:

Hide contents

Ki-Adi-Mundi appears, but fans pointed out that according to his bio he wasn't actually born yet

There is a fight against the Sith that fans are saying goes against canon, because in the prequels they say the Sith haven't been around in forever. But I also saw someone counter that in the show, they say they simply won't inform the council so that covers it?

I also read that it's boring and the characters wander around for no reason filling time

The evidence we have of Headland and Filoni is they don't have the smarts to get out of the cul de sac that they wrote themselves into, without doing something even more dumb to distract the viewing public. They could have just used another Jedi and not had the issue, or created a mysterious new sect that uses a rainbow lightsaber to visually separate themselves from the Sith and maintain the overall story.  Or make them a precursor to the Sith.

Not at all hard to get around if your IQ is over 90.

Disney originally bought Star Wars to expand its brand to boys. They had so much for girls with the princess franchises. Star Wars and Marvel gave them properties to massively market to boys. In that time the've tried to completely reshape Star Wars into a feminine and now Queer oriented franchise completely alienating the very audience it was originally intended to market to. 

I would say I'm surprised at this level of buffoonery from a fortune 500 company, but I'm not. When I was young I was in awe of big time CEOs and corporate presidents, thinking they must be geniuses to have gotten to the level they've gotten to. Now that I've been in the work force for 25+ years, I've seen that most of them are straight up bozos with no clue as to what they are doing. Their primary skill is centered upon getting other corporate bozos to buy their brand of BS.  Also, companies like this not only put bozos in charge, they make sure that all voices of opposition are eliminated so they can sit around board rooms and nod at each other without any voices of reason telling them what a horrible idea this is. 

• Like 2

On 6/21/2024 at 6:06 PM, TEW said:

I am overjoyed this franchise that hasn’t had a good idea or execution since the 1980’s is finally being put out of its god forsaken misery.

Oh, and the empire are the good guys.

you should stick to looking like a buffoon in CVON. it's a better fit for you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

you should stick to looking like a buffoon in CVON. it's a better fit for you. 

Oh, yes, because Star Wars hasn’t become a total pile of absolute diarrhea. :roll: 

2 hours ago, Gannan said:

Disney originally bought Star Wars to expand its brand to boys. They had so much for girls with the princess franchises. Star Wars and Marvel gave them properties to massively market to boys. In that time the've tried to completely reshape Star Wars into a feminine and now Queer oriented franchise completely alienating the very audience it was originally intended to market to. 

I would say I'm surprised at this level of buffoonery from a fortune 500 company, but I'm not. When I was young I was in awe of big time CEOs and corporate presidents, thinking they must be geniuses to have gotten to the level they've gotten to. Now that I've been in the work force for 25+ years, I've seen that most of them are straight up bozos with no clue as to what they are doing. Their primary skill is centered upon getting other corporate bozos to buy their brand of BS.  Also, companies like this not only put bozos in charge, they make sure that all voices of opposition are eliminated so they can sit around board rooms and nod at each other without any voices of reason telling them what a horrible idea this is. 

This is what happens when leftist political activists are in charge. They destroy everything they touch, because ultimately, their concern isn’t profit, or even creating a good product. These things are just a vehicle for "the message.”

Just now, Alpha_TATEr said:

Reeee GIFs | GIFDB.com

You certainly are sperging out because your retarded politics have turned a once beloved franchise into an international joke. :lol: 

On 6/19/2024 at 7:02 PM, NOTW said:

People freaking out about that is hilarious to me. There's legitimate complaints. Who the hell cares about pronouns. 

On 6/20/2024 at 3:13 PM, UK Eagle said:

Andor s2 is 12 eps, broken into mini series that help deal with the time leap between where it ended in s1 and the film.  No fast travel in a series written by adults.

Andor's issues were 2 fold. 1, it started slowly (but steadily grew viewership to the finale) and 2 it's surrounded by so much corny Star Wars crap, people flicking through a streaming service found it hard to differentiate with its neighbours. An indicator of the lack of trust in Star Wars.

Speaking off a lack of trust...

She's actually a pretty good actress. Sucks that she's dealing with this bad SW story and writers

36 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I'm guessing this was your first time seeing her in something

Yes, and its some of the worst "acting" I've ever seen.

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

People freaking out about that is hilarious to me. There's legitimate complaints. Who the hell cares about pronouns. 

She's actually a pretty good actress. Sucks that she's dealing with this bad SW story and writers

I suspect it's this situation

2faa22d0-eb53-4a78-bbd5-4e6b4df23a80_tex

The mint that made the fat man explode.I have no massive issue with the pronouns.other than it was just a bit cringe and out of place in a galaxy far, far away. I suspect people watch sci-fi as an escape from the modern world, so pronouns and lesbian space witches is a bit irritating when they want lightsabers and pew pew pew.

I have no idea who Amandla Stenberg is, in the nicest possible way.  She comes across a bit thin skinned and self entitled with that video; but perhaps the modern standard in Hollywood. The sort of post you write on the internet, delete it and move on before you make a boob of yourself.

8 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

I suspect it's this situation

2faa22d0-eb53-4a78-bbd5-4e6b4df23a80_tex

The mint that made the fat man explode.I have no massive issue with the pronouns.other than it was just a bit cringe and out of place in a galaxy far, far away. I suspect people watch sci-fi as an escape from the modern world, so pronouns and lesbian space witches is a bit irritating when they want lightsabers and pew pew pew.

I have no idea who Amandla Stenberg is, in the nicest possible way.  She comes across a bit thin skinned and self entitled with that video; but perhaps the modern standard in Hollywood. The sort of post you write on the internet, delete it and move on before you make a boob of yourself.

The story and writing has sucked so much that using pronouns doesn't seem like a top complaint to me. She's a good actress. I've seen a few of her movies. Doesn't help when you're given crap to work with

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

The story and writing has sucked so much that using pronouns doesn't seem like a top complaint to me. She's a good actress. I've seen a few of her movies. Doesn't help when you're given crap to work with

And you are chosen for the part without auditioning for it.  Had to be a boost to the old ego

19 hours ago, TEW said:

You certainly are sperging out because your retarded politics have turned a once beloved franchise into an international joke. :lol: 

my politics ? holy crap you are lacking a chromosome or two. you are arguing the same point, i'm just mocking you because you're you. :roll:

12 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

my politics ? holy crap you are lacking a chromosome or two. you are arguing the same point, i'm just mocking you because you're you. :roll:

Yes. Your politics destroyed the franchise and now you’re sperging. And I’m not arguing a point — I’m stating a fact and laughing at your histrionics.

Spoiler

How the hell did the padawan last the longest besides Sol? Lol all those others died quickly but the padawan. I laughed when the lightsabers that malfunctioned would conveniently work again once the Sith would attack

Well at least they surprised me about who the Sith was. I didn't even remember who the hell he was lol

So if Jedi can read minds (what the Sith said to Sol) then shouldn't Sol know that the person is Mae?

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:
  Hide contents

So if Jedi can read minds (what the Sith said to Sol) then shouldn't Sol know that the person is Mae?

You'd think so, but this show is written and run by morons who can't maintain any consistency. If the Jedi can read minds, they'd have found out something big in episode 1 & 2, and made the whole thing moot 🤣

make-it-stop-everyone-v1mokg3ojjpnsp1v.g

Speaking of morons

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/25/2024 at 9:11 PM, TEW said:

Yes. Your politics destroyed the franchise and now you’re sperging. And I’m not arguing a point — I’m stating a fact and laughing at your histrionics.

again with my politics:roll:  

wow, he really love to kick yourself in the nuts and then claim to be smart. :roll: