Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte now airing

NOTW

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

They already explained that

Force clouding was a cloaking technique employed by the Sith to conceal their true nature from the Jedi and other users of the Force. The individual would pull their dark powers into themselves and adopt a mask of insignificance. This projected illusion would enable a Sith to hide in plain sight whenever they would go out in public. By concealing their connection to the dark side of the Force, Sith Masters and their apprentices would be able to move about and interact with the members of the Jedi when necessary and without fear of discovery.

By concealing their identities, the Sith of Bane's order were able to take an active part in manipulating the affairs of the Galactic Republic publicly, and not attract the attention of any Jedi they would met in any of their public or private dealings. This would help set the ground work for a number of events that would lead to the culmination of the Sith Grand Plan.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Force_Clouding#:~:text=Force clouding was a cloaking,adopt a mask of insignificance.

If Star Wars was overseen by someone who knew the timelines and had a sense of detail across all components, the above would be woven through all of the programs and work really well. Regardless of the level of experience of the writers, producers, actors, etc.  There would be a multi level plan.

Sadly, Lucasfilm are akin to asking a toddler to repaint the Sistine Chapel with their fingers and some water based paint.  Complete heathens

7 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

A city made of stone wouldn't go up like a brush fire. The writing is lazy and retarded. 

• Like 2

The writing is all over the place. It's like Disney let a bunch of interns make a show. There's some potential concepts, some decent visuals with costumes and sets. But the writing is bad, most of the acting is really bad, there are too many cringe moments. And they think they're creating a mystery thriller but it's bland. They also start to develop a plot point that could be mysterious and create interest...then immediately reveal the mystery and that's over. It seems they think they're clever and adding twists and turns but it is poorly put together.

I watched eps 3 and 4 last night. They started to improve and not be so bad...then they would ruin it with more cringe or poor story development. Character motivations change on a whim which belittles the main plot they were going for. There are even some things that could be interesting but they did nothing with them.

The Obi-Wan show was like this: some cool stuff and we love Ewan McGregor...but annoying kid Leia, a silly chase scene, focusing too much on Reva when we want to see what Obi-Wan is doing, etc.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, NOTW said:

The writing is all over the place. It's like Disney let a bunch of interns make a show. There's some potential concepts, some decent visuals with costumes and sets. But the writing is bad, most of the acting is really bad, there are too many cringe moments. And they think they're creating a mystery thriller but it's bland. They also start to develop a plot point that could be mysterious and create interest...then immediately reveal the mystery and that's over. It seems they think they're clever and adding twists and turns but it is poorly put together.

I watched eps 3 and 4 last night. They started to improve and not be so bad...then they would ruin it with more cringe or poor story development. Character motivations change on a whim which belittles the main plot they were going for. There are even some things that could be interesting but they did nothing with them.

The Obi-Wan show was like this: some cool stuff and we love Ewan McGregor...but annoying kid Leia, a silly chase scene, focusing too much on Reva when we want to see what Obi-Wan is doing, etc.

agree 100% on this. 

but of course, that proves you & i are just two typical white male fans, that just can't accept a perfectly developed & written show because of our misogynistic views on the world. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

agree 100% on this. 

but of course, that proves you & i are just two typical white male fans, that just can't accept a perfectly developed & written show because of our misogynistic views on the world. 

I don't even care if it's majority women if it's good. Kill Bill (which was an inspiration for this) is a woman lead, tracking down the 5 people on her list: 3 women, 2 men. Overall it's 4 women to 2 men as main characters and one of them is barely in the movie. And people loved it.

• The coven of witches: fine, but they acted and sounded cringe instead of fearing them as villains. 
  • The head of the Jedi Council (played by the director's wife) sucks and is not interesting.
  • The twins are just meh. I think they chose the wrong actress. This type of show should have a complete scary badass as the Acolyte.
  • The alien padawan played by the girl from Logan is actually interesting and a badass. 
  • Carrie Ann Moss was great casting for a female Jedi. And they gave her the Drew Barrymore Scream treatment. Understandable, but then we're missing her because she's good and most of the rest of the cast sucks.

A coven of witches who are on the Jedi's radar for things that go against Republic laws and doing evil things could be suitable villains if done well. The Clone Wars and Ahsoka did that better. We don't yet know the full story of the Acolyte's Master. But there's potential there for the witches mistakenly making a freakish dark force user with twisted powers not seen before that presents a real challenge for the Jedi. And dealing with the philosophical Frankenstein's monster issues of am I a real person, am I a freak of nature, what am I could have been explored. The twin girls could be struggling with that, we are cursed creations from witches. But they don't even bother with that. 

They also had like 1 line from the Mother Anesia (sp?) about the issue being who is allowed to have power. That could be explored more with Sith/dark users and witches that can wield the force to challenge that the Jedi's way isn't the only way...planting seeds for how the Jedi Council reacts over the years leading into the prequel movies. 

But instead it's like amateurs making this show.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NOTW said:

A coven of witches who are on the Jedi's radar for things that go against Republic laws and doing evil things could be suitable villains if done well. The Clone Wars and Ahsoka did that better.

i have been pretty vocal about my thoughts on ahsoka. i think she is one of the best characters in the entire saga. i still wish they started sooner in the timeline on the live action series. too much of the audience didn't know about the character. 

• Like 1

Spoiler theory from episode 5:

Spoiler

Apparently, they used Kylo Ren's theme music (didn't notice) during scenes with the masked Acolyte's master. Fans think this means he's the first in the Knights of Ren. The title of episode 5 was "Night."

Comparison that shows one of the scenes with music from Acolyte & Kylo Ren scene.

Unfortunately this might be cool but hard to get into it when the show has been bad to average so far.

[/

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Spoiler theory from episode 5:

Hide contents

Apparently, they used Kylo Ren's theme music (didn't notice) during scenes with the masked Acolyte's master. Fans think this means he's the first in the Knights of Ren. The title of episode 5 was "Night."

Comparison that shows one of the scenes with music from Acolyte & Kylo Ren scene.

Unfortunately this might be cool but hard to get into it when the show has been bad to average so far.

[/

Spoiler

It looks like they are clumsily trying to create the Knights of Ren, but with the series and overall franchise being such a hot mess,they may well just change their minds and decide he's a Skywalker or Palpatine instead for reasons. Or Ahsoka's Dad.

What is most frustrating is how utterly basic some of the plot is and how much it varies depending on what they need to do to move the story along. 

The Wookie wearing clothes to setup the tracking in later episode where they found and showed the Wookie sans clothes. because the writer wasn't smart enough to find another way to do track the Wookie.  The Jedi being able to read minds only when the plot demanded they could.  The amount of times the evil one could have been killed  in the jungle and they didn't because it was only episode 5. Leaving a Jedi on their own for a year because they can't contact them and doing nothing about it.

The bones of the story are there for something good. The execution is irredeemably bad for the price tag and the lack of cameos isn't giving viral moments and showing bad the the plot it.

As for Ahsoka, I did like the character initially in the cartoons, but Filoni's obsession with rewriting and stretching the early stories so she is a key part of the lore is a bit silly. It shows how limited the overall vision of Star Wars is.  It's just so uncreative.

Skeleton Crew will suffer because of the Acolyte. The Rey film will suffer because because no one but Lucasfilm wants to see a Rey film.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

dude on the bottom right kind of looks like brendan fraser. 

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Adults vs children talking. You can tell which programs were rated well by the fan base with how they spoke...

1 hour ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

dude on the bottom right kind of looks like brendan fraser. 

That is the oracle of Disney Star Wars, Dave Filoni

Dave-Filoni.jpg?w=1000