EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

30 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Based off this interview it sounds like hill just didn’t want to be there anymore more than anything. I’m sure money was involved but it sounds like he wanted out anyway cause he wasn’t being targeted enough. 

Could also be his saving face after-the-fact reason. So as to not make it just about greed

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, RLC said:

Devonta is a good #2 WR, who should be the 3rd option once Goedert comes back. He doesn't need more targets. 

The thing I like about this offense is that any given game you can have Smith, Brown, or Goedert as the #1/2/3 and still be highly effective.  Pigeonholing a pecking order seems like a mistake. Keep seeing where the weaknesses in the D are and distribute targets accordingly week by week. 

Let Jalen cook :ph34r:

19 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

Speaking of long snappers... Can we all agree that this is 100% how you make the pro-bowl as a long snapper. Damn, I would be looking like snidely whiplash up there for my photo day 😆

Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 1.11.05 PM.png

How do they decide who makes the team as a Long Snapper?  Say hypothetically 15 Long Snappers have all had perfect snaps

2 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

How do they decide who makes the team as a Long Snapper?  Say hypothetically 15 Long Snappers have all had perfect snaps

Well you see it depends on which long snapper is able to hit the right apex of which the ball is snapped into the air at which point the punter is able to actually kick the ball....therefore becoming a punt.

Just now, DEagle7 said:

At #5 overall I'd be pissed. And I like him a lot as a player. 

Tough to see Todd McShay is still clearly having health issues.

Random thought, but Twitter Bears fans are weird as hell. They talk about Poles like he's Howie. Same dude who gave Fields no OL or receivers this year?

Didn't watch the game so first time seeing this. How the NFL continues to straight up embarrass themselves with concussion protocol is something else. The guy can barely stand and Agholor is the only one that can see it? Ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Random thought, but Twitter Bears fans are weird as hell. They talk about Poles like he's Howie. Same dude who gave Fields no OL or receivers this year?

Poles traded a top 40 pick for Chase Claypool. He's not legit. 

Poles' best move was Brisker in RD2 last year.

1 minute ago, DEagle7 said:

At #5 overall I'd be pissed. And I like him a lot as a player. 

What do you guys think of Broderick Jones?  OT from GA... 

Robinson at 5 and there will be a new universal remote control in my future.

Now at 31 I'd consider it...

10 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Tough to see Todd McShay is still clearly having health issues.

I get the "they have no major holes so get elite playmakers" angle. I hate it and think it's dumb, but I get it. Still though it completely ignores how we draft historically. We've got a better shot of taking an OT there than a RB.

8 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Didn't watch the game so first time seeing this. How the NFL continues to straight up embarrass themselves with concussion protocol is something else. The guy can barely stand and Agholor is the only one that can see it? Ridiculous. 

Imagine if they just let him run his route or whatever, and he takes another shot to the head.  Hes out cold and youve probably got another Tua situation 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I wouldn't.  

Bijan Robinson at #5 and Michael Mayer at #31. 

Just to watch the board implode. 

2 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

I get the "they have no major holes so get elite playmakers" angle. I hate it and think it's dumb, but I get it. Still though it completely ignores how we draft historically. We've got a better shot of taking an OT there than a RB.

But we DO have major holes along our defensive line. Other than Davis, Sweat (who's gonna cost ya), and maybe Williams, there isn't a single one who projects as viable player in '24/'25. So over the next two years we need to add about five defensive linemen. I'd consider that major.

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I wouldn't.  

I hear you on that. DE/CB/DT ideally at that spot or consider a trade down depending what happens with NO pick

No RB until the 3rd round. I think our first 3 picks should be defense, unless we dont resign Seumalo.

Just now, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

But we DO have major holes along our defensive line. Other than Davis, Sweat (who's gonna cost ya), and maybe Williams, there isn't a single one who projects as viable player in '24/'25. So over the next two years we need to add about five defensive linemen. I'd consider that major.

Agreed fully. Replacing Sanders with Robinson is a much lower priority than shoring up our DL for 2 years from now. And for as much crap as we like to give Howie about his drafts, one major consistency is his focus on the trenches in round 1. 

It's a super shortsighted and ignorant prediction by McShay. 

1 minute ago, UndyTaker said:

No RB until the 3rd round. I think our first 3 picks should be defense, unless we dont resign Seumalo.

DT Jalen Carter/DE Jared Verse/CB Tyrique Stevenson

Would make me a happy camper

11 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Plus, the #5 overall draft pick gets a contract in the range of 4 years and $31M under the collective agreement. 

Pretty tough to make a draft prospect among the highest paid at the position before playing a game in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Playing sixteen games against the AFC South kinda helps.

And the NFC North to boot.  (Although Lions coming on late.)

1 hour ago, Cliftoma said:

There is a recent interview with Kelce and Hurts where said he was squatting because Kelce fires the ball back so fast.  He said he needed to get in an athletic stance to field the snaps

So Kelce improved his snaps so Hurts didn’t need to crouch presnap?  

Archived