EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

K'von survives another culling which was expected. He's clearly here to stay until the offseason and then I think he's on thin ice.

Sensible moves otherwise. Keep plugging holes where they need plugging has been the resolute MO of the FO this year.

24 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Agreed fully. Replacing Sanders with Robinson is a much lower priority than shoring up our DL for 2 years from now. And for as much crap as we like to give Howie about his drafts, one major consistency is his focus on the trenches in round 1. 

It's a super shortsighted and ignorant prediction by McShay. 

Why draft a stud RB to replace a merely average RB who is only succeeding because of the OL and QB?

Just grab some UDFAs from schools other than PSU.

10 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Tate will be back. Wonder if they sign Ellis to the active roster with Bradley nursing a hammy.  Speaking of Bradley, an Athletic article on STs stated that Bradley called a STs player only meeting to discuss performance.  Leadership. 

52 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

I get the "they have no major holes so get elite playmakers" angle. I hate it and think it's dumb, but I get it. Still though it completely ignores how we draft historically. We've got a better shot of taking an OT there than a RB.

Not just that, but it also completely ignores that the draft is NEVER about the next year, but always about re-fitting the core of the team.  Johnson is on record as having said that he's only got about 2 more years to go.  So, OT becomes a massive priority.  This team without Johnson just isn't the same... not even close.  They NEED to find a RT of the future in either 2023 or 2024 draft.  The DT rotation are all old... Joseph, Suh, Cox... all will likely be gone after this year.  Hargrave might be too.  Leaving Davis and Williams alone at NT/DT moving forward.  That's a massive concern as well.   Edwards and White are both free agents, do the Eagles bring either back?   Slay and Bradberry are not getting younger... and Bradberry is on a one year deal.  They have a massive hole at CB for 2023, but also two holes probably by 2024, and likely no later than 2025.

If they spend a top 5 pick on a RB rather than an OT, CB, or DL... then they are dumber than I tell people they are.

1 hour ago, Iggles25 said:

Robinson at 5 and there will be a new universal remote control in my future.

Now at 31 I'd consider it...

Why stop at the remote? Add in the tv

45 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

That there is an RV

Your trailer looks really nice with the Christmas lights

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That video of him drunk on the sideline a few years ago was sad.  

I wouldn't mind partying with that dude. He probably pulls in some good poon

46 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

That there is an RV

Great  Olsilvernuts is running around the neighborhood quoting National Lampoons Christmas vacation.  Have you been hiding your pills again you senile ole bastid?  

4 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Great  Olsilvernuts is running around the neighborhood quoting National Lampoons Christmas vacation.  Have you been hiding your pills again you senile ole bastid?  

@EaglePhan1986stole all of them and put them in his morning shake that he gave to Artie

Not sure what our cap situation is going to be like with all the Howie wheeling and dealing so I just wanted to take a look at the FA class of 23 out of curiosity........and because if we sign someone I mention then I can come on here and tell you all that yall suck and that youre not eating enough crow and im so cool with my trophy yada yada yada...

Dre'Mont Jones  3-4 DE from Denver

I hate the giants but this is an epic comeback to bill Simmons question 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Nick foles with the craziest career in the last 30 years 

What was Foles record on the 2015 Rams?

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

What was Foles record on the 2015 Rams?

A crazy 4-7… a Jeff fisher story 

12 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I hate the giants but this is an epic comeback to bill Simmons question 

What kind of ass would be oblivious enough to complain about the Patriots getting the short end of anything?

The Patriots were assessed a grand total of ONE penalty in SB 52.  ONE -- and that had to be called because Gronk false started before the snap.

Imagine your defense being so bad the opponent lights you up for 41 points -- and, according to the officials, not committing a foul the entire game.

18 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Nick foles with the craziest career in the last 30 years 

Does Hurts have gear in Canton?

9 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

What kind of ass would be oblivious enough to complain about the Patriots getting the short end of anything?

The Patriots were assessed a grand total of ONE penalty in SB 52.  ONE -- and that had to be called because Gronk false started before the snap.

Imagine your defense being so bad the opponent lights you up for 41 points -- and, according to the officials, not committing a foul the entire game.

I thought that Super Bowl was one of the best officiated games I can remember... ever.  They let the players play and determine the outcome... as it should always be.

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

The pants he was wearing when he pooped himself in pre game warmups are there

3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Ya but Brady shook hurts hand. 

1 hour ago, UndyTaker said:

No RB until the 3rd round. I think our first 3 picks should be defense, unless we dont resign Seumalo.

Gimme the syracuse or illinois kid

8 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Anyone see McShay’s mock? If the Eagles go RB with the number 5 pick the blog would explode 

yeah, he’s lost his friggin mind

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Or, could it be because we have a QB who ranks 15th in attempts, almost 100 attempts behind 5th place.

Sounds mediocre

Archived