EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

15 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

I didn't know the Cowboys lost Steele for the year. That won't help them going forward.

They lost Steele but got back Tyron Smith (for the time being before he inevitably is injured again)

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

They lost Steele but got back Tyron Smith (for the time being before he inevitably is injured again)

See the source image

Which do you prefer Cake, Pie, or Ice Cream?

I prefer Ice Cream because I can never remember the formula for Pie, and easy as cake I have found is actually quiet difficult. 

3 minutes ago, JournalistMic said:

Which do you prefer Cake, Pie, or Ice Cream?

I prefer Ice Cream because I can never remember the formula for Pie, and easy as cake I have found is actually quiet difficult. 

See the source image

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Never knew another QB could be a hard worker and a good leader.  Learn something everyday.  

Wait, what?  McShay had a mock?  Really?  

Oh calm down blowhard Biff 

6 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Last weeks prediction winner was @MillerTime who came closest with a prediction of a 41-20 blowout. 

Bonus winners for the week are:

@Aerolithe_Lion Barkley less than 15 carries

@DrPhilly Boston Scott TD

@garingovt2000 Lions beat Vikings

@jamiller Barkley less than 100 and Sanders over 100 rushing yards

@LeanMeanGM Eagles have no false start penalties 

@RememberTheKoy Sanders & Hurts both have 60+ rushing yards

@SkippyX Eagles rush for 160+

But, but, but I had Bonus: Eagles with 240+ rushing yards and Sanders' breakaway with 6:40 left put em at 253!!

Who's trackin all this anyway?  I want a recount! B-)

...or just a smackdown in Chicago to go to 13-1....either way, I'm easy...:lol:

The unbelievable outpouring of respect being thrown Mike Leach's direction has been wonderful to see on such a sad occasion.  There are so many stories being shared and so many I wish I could have been a fly on a wall when they were happening in real time.  If you aren't familiar with him as a coach or a person, give yourself 15 minutes and dig through some interviews.  Guy was such a treasure for the sport.  Really bummed he's passed. 

20 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

But, but, but I had Bonus: Eagles with 240+ rushing yards and Sanders' breakaway with 6:40 left put em at 253!!

Who's trackin all this anyway?  I want a recount! B-)

...or just a smackdown in Chicago to go to 13-1....either way, I'm easy...:lol:

My bad, I must have fat fingered it. I did think it was an unusually low number when I was looking it over this morning. 

11 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

I could see us hanging a lot of points on Chicago. 37 to 20 birds.

Bonus, we get a pick and a fumble.

@LeanMeanGM

Gotta tag or quote LeanMean so he sees it...

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

My bad, I must have fat fingered it. I did think it was an unusually low number when I was looking it over this morning. 

We're 12-1, how could you have a "bad"?  :lol:

On to Chicago!

Thanks for doing all this, as always...:rock:

Just a random thing... I've been re-watching the game from Sunday, but with the TV audio on. At one point, before a commercial, they played "Philadelphia Freedom" as they faded out to commercial. 

Whenever I hear that song, regardless of anything else, I ALWAYS think of the 1980 NFC Championship. Why? Because they played that during the NFL Today pre-game show that January day in 1981 (and maybe during the game too).

I was only 11 at the time (almost 12), but because of that, that song is forever emblazoned in my mind as being associated with that game vs. the Cowboys and Wilbert's run. 

36 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Just a random thing... I've been re-watching the game from Sunday, but with the TV audio on. At one point, before a commercial, they played "Philadelphia Freedom" as they faded out to commercial. 

Whenever I hear that song, regardless of anything else, I ALWAYS think of the 1980 NFC Championship. Why? Because they played that during the NFL Today pre-game show that January day in 1981 (and maybe during the game too).

I was only 11 at the time (almost 12), but because of that, that song is forever emblazoned in my mind as being associated with that game vs. the Cowboys and Wilbert's run. 

I always think of the Phillies 

2 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I always think of the Phillies 

I've never really been a Baseball fan, but back then (when I was a kid), I'd have called myself an Orioles fan (my 5th grade teacher was Rick Dempsey's sister in law). 

34 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

i didn’t even get to see the game. i was stationed at Camp Lejeune. we were soon being deployed to the Indian Ocean and they made us work that weekend. we did get to watch the Super Bowl at sea on a tape delayed AFRTS broadcast.

Per Todd McShay, there are some real character concerns with Jalen Carter that will get louder as the draft approaches. First I've heard of this.

Also, he has Tyree Wilson ahead of Myles Murphy and Bryan Bresee.

On 12/10/2022 at 9:06 PM, D-Shiznit said:

Caleb won the Heisman, well deserved. 3rd Heisman QB for Riley, and considering Malachi Nelson, who might the be the most talent QB he has had yet, is in the pipeline, it won't be his last.

Caleb'll be a bust in the NFL. Another Carson Wentz who'll dazzle until his first big injury.
Then he'll be the crappy broken QB who blew the Pac-12 championship.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

This may not be the response you were looking for but Bernie Taupin and Elton wrote this one to honor Billie Jean King in 1975, to commemorate her breaking barriers ( gay, maybe, women competing against men, ( Bobby) etc.) It was a tribute tune to the times and she loved it, so they marketed it hard..

"Bernie Taupin, who shared the songwriting credit for "Philadelphia Freedom,” has said the song was not about tennis. But his and John's song is clearly a tribute to the soul of the city, to freedom and to Elton John's friend Billie Jean King: Shine a light wont you shine a light.Jun 15, 2017"

Got a lot of Air Time and started to get legs. Elton may have hoped it would become a rallying song for Philly, but then Rocky came along and, well, there ya go.

New Philly signature, Eye of the Tiger...not like Elton needed another hit...:whistle:

Anyway, It's on the thumb drives in my truck and my Jeep, so there! :lol:

Shine a Light, Shine a Light.....

22 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Per Todd McShay, there are some real character concerns with Jalen Carter that will get louder as the draft approaches. First I've heard of this.

All good. Let him fall to us and have Jordan Davis and Nakobe Dean insulate him. 

52 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Also, he has Tyree Wilson ahead of Myles Murphy and Bryan Bresee.

Wouldn't surprise me if it comes out that Carter is actually 34 years old.

7 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Wouldn't surprise me if it comes out that Carter is actually 34 years old.

On goalline plays they put him in at FB. Look at how many players he takes out of the play:

Archived