EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On one of the XM channels today they were talking about McShay's draft and touched on Carter.  One of the hosts commented that on Georgia  last year, he was their best Defensive Lineman. Which is a pretty wild claim considering they had Walker, Davis, and Wyatt that year.

Guy is justifiably going to go very high this year unless the character concerns are extreme.

1 hour ago, Doc S. said:

This may not be the response you were looking for but Bernie Taupin and Elton wrote this one to honor Billie Jean King in 1975, to commemorate her breaking barriers ( gay, maybe, women competing against men, ( Bobby) etc.) It was a tribute tune to the times and she loved it, so they marketed it hard..

"Bernie Taupin, who shared the songwriting credit for "Philadelphia Freedom,” has said the song was not about tennis. But his and John's song is clearly a tribute to the soul of the city, to freedom and to Elton John's friend Billie Jean King: Shine a light wont you shine a light.Jun 15, 2017"

Got a lot of Air Time and started to get legs. Elton may have hoped it would become a rallying song for Philly, but then Rocky came along and, well, there ya go.

New Philly signature, Eye of the Tiger...not like Elton needed another hit...:whistle:

Anyway, It's on the thumb drives in my truck and my Jeep, so there! :lol:

Shine a Light, Shine a Light.....

That’s quite interesting, but please don’t share the back story on that other song of his

Don’t Let Your Son Go Down On Me 

10 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

In fairness to mixon the bengals offensive line has been garbage for most of his career. Still managed 1205 rushing yards last year behind a line that was trying to get burrow killed and was completely revamped this offseason. 

and still is possibly the leagues worst.

3 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

On one of the XM channels today they were talking about McShay's draft and touched on Carter.  One of the hosts commented that on Georgia  last year, he was their best Defensive Lineman. Which is a pretty wild claim considering they had Walker, Davis, and Wyatt that year.

Guy is justifiably going to go very high this year unless the character concerns are extreme.

He’s still gonna go high if he has character concerns. Didn’t parsons have some things said about him and he went top 15. 

Just now, Wentz_Era said:

and still is possibly the leagues worst.

I wouldn’t say the worse in the nfl. but how it’s played out the upgrade was much if at all the after they went all in and tried to fix the problem. 

8 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

You sprint to the podium if he is somehow there at 5.

Dude is going to wreak havoc in the NFL.

Davis and Carter getting the band back together is a dream I don't want to wake up from lol

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He’s still gonna go high if he has character concerns. Didn’t parsons have some things said about him and he went top 15. 

Yup.  Now granted that very much depends on what the character concerns are, but again unless it's an Araiza type situation that degree of talent will overcome it easily. Carter is a beast.

9 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

TO also demanded the ball, made it all about him constantly, etc.   Brown seems to be far less of a negative to the team.   For as great as TO was, he was a double edged sword and was as detrimental as he was beneficial.  In fact, I think he was only on the field for ONE playoff victory in his career.  Not necessarily his fault alone, but he certainly played a role in those losses.

Brown has settled down as of late...it wasn't looking good going into about 8 weeks into the season with his diva' ness.  Nobody is on the TO level though.

1 hour ago, Doc S. said:

This may not be the response you were looking for but Bernie Taupin and Elton wrote this one to honor Billie Jean King in 1975, to commemorate her breaking barriers ( gay, maybe, women competing against men, ( Bobby) etc.) It was a tribute tune to the times and she loved it, so they marketed it hard..

"Bernie Taupin, who shared the songwriting credit for "Philadelphia Freedom,” has said the song was not about tennis. But his and John's song is clearly a tribute to the soul of the city, to freedom and to Elton John's friend Billie Jean King: Shine a light wont you shine a light.Jun 15, 2017"

Got a lot of Air Time and started to get legs. Elton may have hoped it would become a rallying song for Philly, but then Rocky came along and, well, there ya go.

New Philly signature, Eye of the Tiger...not like Elton needed another hit...:whistle:

Anyway, It's on the thumb drives in my truck and my Jeep, so there! :lol:

Shine a Light, Shine a Light.....

Pretty sure BJK was playing for the Philadelphia Freedoms professional tennis team at the time the song was created and that was an aspect in the creation of the song.  

8 hours ago, RLC said:

Devonta is a good #2 WR, who should be the 3rd option once Goedert comes back. He doesn't need more targets. 

You are criminally underrating how good he is.  He's the #1 on a lot of teams in the league IMO.  

Fun question for all you PSU nuts...

Miles Sanders walks for more money than Howie is willing to give.  Saquan Barkley feels that he is still only scratching the surface of his potential after his ACL recovery and doesn't like any of the multi-year offers he's getting.  Knowing our offense and OL situation, he wants to come here on a one year deal to get some eye popping numbers.  Are you in?

5 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

You are criminally underrating how good he is.  He's the #1 on a lot of teams in the league IMO.  

He’s nearly top 20 in receiving yards. He’s 21st and only 30 yards behind being 20th. A chance he finishes top 20 in receiving yards this year. He’s 18th in receptions 

3 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

It will be a good problem for Steichen to sort out.

Just now, eagle45 said:

Miles Sanders walks for more money than Howie is willing to give.  Saquan Barkley feels that he is still only scratching the surface of his potential after his ACL recovery and doesn't like any of the multi-year offers he's getting.  Knowing our offense and OL situation, he wants to come here on a one year deal to get some eye popping numbers.  Are you in?

uh... yeah.

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

I'm drowning in it.

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Abso Fuucckking lutely 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He’s nearly top 20 in receiving yards. He’s 21st and only 30 yards behind being 20th. A chance he finishes top 20 in receiving yards this year. 

Dude is an absolute vacuum when the ball comes his way, tough and physical after the catch despite his size.  Runs some of the best routes I've ever seen (Fitz, Harrison, Hopkins, Rice and DJackson level).  Shockingly, very good contesting.  He for sure is one of the best in the league.  I hope we find a way to keep him.

Depending on his market, it's neither far-fetched nor illogical, much like the 2017 offseason when 1-year value-boosting deals were all the rage for multiple players who felt they could set themselves up for more money.

5 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

C2D5DDD5-E59C-4FE9-9C3C-BEF8A38AF90B.gif.3f7ddd9a273bac116b26b5ca07c1850a.gif

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I wouldn’t consider Carter fell if he gets drafted at 5.  That’s pretty much the spot most have him going.  Anderson is the guy who needs to "fall”.  

This team needs another edge rusher.  Value in the middle rounds on beef would be best.  The Eagles need to come out of the 1st this year with an edge and a S.

10 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

He'd easily be the # 1 on at least half the teams in the league. There are about 5 teams where his role as the clear #2 would be remotely debatable (Bengals, Dolphins, Eagles, Bucs and 49ers)

4 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

Dude is an absolute vacuum when the ball comes his way, tough and physical after the catch despite his size.  Runs some of the best routes I've ever seen (Fitz, Harrison, Hopkins, Rice and DJackson level).  Shockingly, very good contesting.  He for sure is one of the best in the league.  I hope we find a way to keep him.

With how good our run game is and the passing game is really good too we are more balanced of an offense. If we were like chiefs with mahomes  (reid as coach) and with a mediocre running game the numbers for brown and smith could be pretty ridiculous. 

Just now, Wentz_Era said:

This team needs another edge rusher.  Value in the middle rounds on beef would be best.  The Eagles need to come out of the 1st this year with an edge and a S.

My hope is DT/DE with the hope of re-signing both CGJ and Epps after letting Bradberry, Sanders, and one of Edwards/White walk in FA.

Will be interesting to see where Howie places his chips.

Archived