EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

4 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Fun question for all you PSU nuts...

Miles Sanders walks for more money than Howie is willing to give.  Saquan Barkley feels that he is still only scratching the surface of his potential after his ACL recovery and doesn't like any of the multi-year offers he's getting.  Knowing our offense and OL situation, he wants to come here on a one year deal to get some eye popping numbers.  Are you in?

Sanders has been a far better runner over the course of their careers and more available.

Stick with Sanders.

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Sanders has been a far better runner over the course of their careers and more available.

Stick with Sanders.

If he'll take 3 years, 30 million

Sign me urp

3 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Yes. Probably saving it for Goedert, although promoting Elliss is a possibility too. That dude is a special teams monster. He could carve out a decent career for himself just for that.

Interestingly enough they didn't need to release Tate or Blair from the Practice Squad.  With their respective releases and the signings of Harris and Kern, the Practice Squad is currently 15 players.

2 hours ago, BigEFly said:

:roll:

His paychecks keep coming, and I suspect there has been a good amount of dialogue with both him and his agent.  No surprises and money in the bank.  Howie clearly doesn't like the 17 player limit of the Practice Squad.  His working number is closer to 22.

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Stick with Sanders.

Only due to Barkley's ACL. His rookie year he was far better than sanders has ever been and had he not gotten hurt he would've continued 

2 hours ago, devpool said:

Only due to Barkley's ACL. His rookie year he was far better than sanders has ever been and had he not gotten hurt he would've continued 

But...

4 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Stick with Sanders.

To be fair Sanders has also had a vastly superior line, better QB play and isn't the entire offense.

8 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Totally should’ve signed Correa was gonna be cheaper so we could afford rodon…..

Technically... the avg. per year is slightly lower.   So, there is that.  :lol: 

$27.27M / year vs. $26.92M / year.  ;)  

7 hours ago, BigEFly said:

:roll:

It always amazes me that so few people understand that being cut or sitting on a PS means that the player is free to sign with any other team that puts an offer on the table.  (And that includes the CFL.).  Tate might be a great guy, but he clearly is viewed as no more than a fringe guy for the PS, not even the roster, by the Eagles... and no other team is willing to make him a better offer.   Of course... maybe he's the next Kurt Warner.   Chances of that are pretty slim though.   Maybe he could work his way up to Jimmy Smith level, but without the drama in his life.

5 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I wish my work would sign me to a 13 year contract and only expect 3-4 good years 

Seriously. These baseball contracts are out of control. I miss the good ol’ days when you signed a FA and gave them only one extra year of bloated pay to get the deal done. I can’t imagine the Turner, Nimmo, Correa, Xander contracts are gonna look very good in five years. 

7 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

What’s more surprising: Graham’s comeback from the Achilles or Hurts’ rise to MVP candidate?

Hurts 

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I see Eagles Twitter and WIP is jumping all over the Micah Parsons comments like it's some sort of bulletin board material.  Who gives a ish?  Far be it from me to defend a PedSU and a Dallas player, but he's right.  He was asked a question and he gave an answer.  The faux outrage is Fing dumb.  What is he supposed to say, that it's all Hurts and then he slights 10 guys instead of 1?  

Christmas Eve is going to be a real tough game.  Last game of 3 straight road games on a short week at a division rival.  Yeah, could be a loss.  Oh well.  Take care of business and get at least one more Dallas loss and we win the division.  

I thought his answer was good, and he slighted no one.  He gave credit to all of them.   Much ado about nothing.

9 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Yes. Probably saving it for Goedert, although promoting Elliss is a possibility too. That dude is a special teams monster. He could carve out a decent career for himself just for that.

Elliss straight up. Need to release Tyree Jackson. He's TE4, is not a good ST contributor, and wont' see the field on offense.

40 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I see Eagles Twitter and WIP is jumping all over the Micah Parsons comments like it's some sort of bulletin board material.  Who gives a ish?  Far be it from me to defend a PedSU and a Dallas player, but he's right.  He was asked a question and he gave an answer.  The faux outrage is Fing dumb.  What is he supposed to say, that it's all Hurts and then he slights 10 guys instead of 1?  

Christmas Eve is going to be a real tough game.  Last game of 3 straight road games on a short week at a division rival.  Yeah, could be a loss.  Oh well.  Take care of business and get at least one more Dallas loss and we win the division.  

Dallas is gonna be jacked for that game, hopefully we meet their intensity 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

If Phi and Jax wins this week, it most likely won't matter.  

And if my aunt had a d she’d be my uncle….maybe

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

And if my aunt had a d she’d be my uncle….maybe

But would she identify as your uncle 

10 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Dallas is gonna be jacked for that game, hopefully we meet their intensity 

Yup.

As long as we beat the Bears this week, the Cowboys game isn't that important. We could just win our final 2 homegames and still get the #1 seed.

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

Yup.

As long as we beat the Bears this week, the Cowboys game isn't that important. We could just win our final 2 homegames and still get the #1 seed.

Important in terms of playoff seeding, you are correct.  Important in terms of setting the proper tone for the playoffs?  I think it is very important.  They can't lay an egg.

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Important in terms of playoff seeding, you are correct.  Important in terms of setting the proper tone for the playoffs?  I think it is very important.  They can't lay an egg.

If we lose a close game to the Cowboys, but still get the #1 seed, we're still NFC favourites.

I still hope we beat the hell out of them though.

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

What’s more surprising: Graham’s comeback from the Achilles or Hurts’ rise to MVP candidate?

Hurts.  BG had already shown to be a really good DE.  Hurts is doing stuff for the first time ever. 

We are seeing something beyond mere improvement.

Archived