EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

6 minutes ago, RLC said:

If we lose a close game to the Cowboys, but still get the #1 seed, we're still NFC favourites.

I still hope we beat the hell out of them though.

Of course.  My point is... they have to show up and play well.   If they don't, my anxiety level will rise.   

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Anthony rush is the new savior lol 

Oh noez, he’s going to leakz the playbooks!

25 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

And if my aunt had a d she’d be my uncle….maybe

Only if she chooses to be identified as an uncle.   B-)

8 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Meh...it won't matter.  There would have been almost a full month between the Dallas game and their first playoff game (assuming they get the bye).  No chance the tone will be set for that far out.  

You are likely right.  It will give me anxiety though going into the playoffs.  They haven't played a 'tough' team in a while.   Titans are in a tail spin.  Giants have regressed to the mean.   Vikings game was eons ago.    I just want the team to get ramping it up... 

Then again, in 2017, they laid a bit of an egg in the Raiders game (but still managed to win it) and even laid most of an egg against Atlanta before really hitting their stride offensively for the NFCCG and SB.  

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Oh noez, he’s going to leakz the playbooks!

Rush's understanding of the playbook...

"Two-gap, slant left, slant right, T-E stunt (doesn't apply to me because I'm never on the field on passing downs)."

5 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Hurts.  BG had already shown to be a really good DE.  Hurts is doing stuff for the first time ever. 

We are seeing something beyond mere improvement.

My season prediction was he’d be in the pro bowl at 34, he’s got a shot

3 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

My season prediction was he’d be in the pro bowl at 34, he’s got a shot

I’m surprised there isn’t more buzz with him and comeback player of the year. Instead it’s probably going to Geno Smith whose uhh coming back from being a backup?

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

They have been ramped up.  The whole league is a bunch of mediocre to bad teams with the exception of a few.  Go look at any number of power rankings, after the top 5 it's nothing but a bunch of teams barely over .500 or frauds like Minnesota and Miami.  They have shown enough this season.  They need to get their positioning locked up and then go vanilla.  As usual, the key is getting into the playoffs healthy.  

I agree.  But, sometimes teams peak early, and can't bring that level back up when the playoffs start.  Will that be this team?  I dunno.  I just don't want to see them start to smell themselves and think they don't have to bring their A game.

I’m surprised there isn’t more buzz with him and comeback player of the year. Instead it’s probably going to Geno Smith whose uhh coming back from being a backup?

He's coming back from the QB graveyard... aka, NY Jets.  That's no small feat.

26 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Important in terms of playoff seeding, you are correct.  Important in terms of setting the proper tone for the playoffs?  I think it is very important.  They can't lay an egg.

Losing to Dallas in Christmas Eve wouldn't be the worst thing if we maintain the division lead.  We are almost certain to face them in the divisional round and it's a lot tougher to beat the same team 3 times in one season. 

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

He's coming back from the QB graveyard... aka, NY Jets.  That's no small feat.

Meh, he left there in 2016 and has been on 3 teams since. Plus it’s his 4th year now on Seattle. I think he’s a bad choice for the spirit of the award. 

Meh, he left there in 2016 and has been on 3 teams since. Plus it’s his 4th year now on Seattle. I think he’s a bad choice for the spirit of the award. 

A resurrection is a resurrection.

But, I agree with you.  QBs get different treatment though.

Some dude on YouTube arguing that Goedert coming back is a bad thing for us:

How do these clowns get this many subscribers?

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

th?id=OIP.tbUlZC0x_DJXFhjaVflz5QHaF6&pid=Api&P=0

8 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

They need to have a separate award for most improved player. (Hurts would win that one)

11 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yeah, I was watching Rich Eisen where they debated this. The guidelines for voting for the award said it was for players who had missed significant time due to injury or outside forces, or for a player who overcame personal struggles to return to previous expectations.

I would say getting benched for years and then overcoming that is definitely valid, except with Geno… what is he exactly coming back to in a "Comeback” year? He was never this kind of player before. It’s a most improved year, not a comeback year.

2 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Blind leading the blind.

Least shocking thing after everyone found out he wasn’t gonna be ready til at least January 

1 minute ago, Texas Eagle said:

Step 1: Say something insanely stupid.

Step 2: Piss people off enough to respond.

Step 3: Double down.

Step 4: ???

Step 5: Have subscribers 

12 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

They have the only QB in the league who is a leader and works hard.  All is well.  

I often forget to remember these sorts of things.

thinking-winnie-the-pooh.gif

35 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Least shocking thing after everyone found out he wasn’t gonna be ready til at least January 

Makes sense. He would have been really limited if he played, and with him tearing the same ACL twice, him looking sluggish would cost him a lot of money in 2023. It’s a bad WR class so he might be able to fool a team into a decent contract. 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

But would she identify as your uncle 

Is she a lumberjack? 

37 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

They were too often told that they were important and could grow up an be somebody.  They probably just have their mom and dad creating a bunch of accounts to follow them.  

2 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Is she a lumberjack? 

She did go to northern arizona university 

43 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Blind leading the blind.

This dude is a tool. He was crying about parsons too

Pretty wild how well our team has played recently despite missing one of the best TEs in the league and the NFL interception leader. 

Archived