Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

She did go to northern arizona university 

There are trees in AZ?  

1 hour ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Hurts.  BG had already shown to be a really good DE.  Hurts is doing stuff for the first time ever. 

We are seeing something beyond mere improvement.

Adding Reddick has made a big difference to the pass rush.  He's the best edge pass rusher since Trent Cole on the team.  He does more to get the OT out of place and it creates space for interior pressure.  I know Barwin had a big year in 2014 but my recollection is that his sacks were the result more of just his speed around the edge along with some one created by inside pressure. Reddick isn't just trying to beat OT's with speed.  He will also make inside moves that cause the QB  to have to move and that creates opportunities for Graham.    

2 hours ago, RLC said:

Elliss straight up. Need to release Tyree Jackson. He's TE4, is not a good ST contributor, and wont' see the field on offense.

Jackson will go into Howie’s 22 member Practice Squad rotation after being cut.  I too like the Elliss promotion idea.

Next season we might even have two Elliss brothers on the team.

13 minutes ago, jamiller said:

There are trees in AZ?  

There’s actually more than people think. In the southern part of the state they aren’t as green or forest like. More mesquite trees or palo verde trees.   Up in the northern part there’s a lot of pines and it’s much greener. Granted up in the northern part of the state they tend to get rain( and snow) more throughout the year. 

12 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Comeback player of the year

Well it’s closer to Xmas and elf on the shelf gets more relevant

11 minutes ago, jamiller said:

There are trees in AZ?  

A whole petrified forest. 

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Well it’s closer to Xmas and elf on the shelf gets more relevant

Elf on the shelf is never relevant.

1 hour ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Hurts.  BG had already shown to be a really good DE.  Hurts is doing stuff for the first time ever. 

We are seeing something beyond mere improvement.

I think there's a 3rd factor here and that's Sirianni/Steichen showing the ability to adjust to what's working.  The Eagles have won as a team for the majority of the season.  There are maybe 3-4 games where it was the Hurts show, but other than that, knowing that it's a run heavy day vs a pass heavy day has been huge from the play calling side of things.  

Hurts progress has been incredible and I hope it's sustainable.  I'm trying not to get too excited yet because in 2017 we saw the same thing with Wentz.  We thought HERE IS THE GUY.  They are two different types of people though and no one knows what brought about the downfall of Wentz  but for a minute there, EVERYONE loved Wentz and it looked like the franchise was set. Hurts is not Wentz and his approach to the game appears to be very different which should help him in the long run.

BG playing on this level is wonderful to see.  All-time Eagle.  Playing on limited snaps seems to have rejuvenated him and at this rate, I'd even bring him back if he wanted to on a team friendly deal.  

All 3 things are great to see.

5 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Elf on the shelf is never relevant.

CD6AD61C-CD2D-48C3-AE7F-D27B8EF35858.thumb.jpeg.5afbc42849d90e11a32b0ac5a5247676.jpeg

23 minutes ago, jamiller said:

There are trees in AZ?  

Flagstaff is basically a forest. Total opposite of Phoenix and it’s only 2 hours north. Beautiful area. 

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Oh noez, he’s going to leakz the playbooks!

One of the most overrated things IMO when a player is brought in.  Kind of like hiding your face when calling plays.  The late great Mike Leach had some amusing thoughts on this.

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

CD6AD61C-CD2D-48C3-AE7F-D27B8EF35858.thumb.jpeg.5afbc42849d90e11a32b0ac5a5247676.jpeg

Ironically, Mr. Irrelevant has become HIGHLY Relevant.    Who'd have seen that curve ball coming this football season.

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

You are likely right.  It will give me anxiety though going into the playoffs.  They haven't played a 'tough' team in a while.   Titans are in a tail spin.  Giants have regressed to the mean.   Vikings game was eons ago.   I just want the team to get ramping it up... 

I was listening to Colin Cowherd a week ago and he was talking to a guest about the NFC and he made the argument that the Eagles had peaked too soon and the Turds were coming on at the right time.  Then Sunday happened …

I think the Eagles are ramping up quite nicely.

6 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Ironically, Mr. Irrelevant has become HIGHLY Relevant.    Who'd have seen that curve ball coming this football season.

Got to give credit to the niners for identifying purdy as a good developmental QB and working with him when lance and Jimmy G before the season were ahead of him on the depth chart. Granted Jimmy g was gone at the end of the year so long term needed a backup. Also shanahan for being able to put him in the best position to succeed. I’ve been impressed that purdy has really not made many mistakes and the game has really looked easy for him. 

55 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

There’s actually more than people think. In the southern part of the state they aren’t as green or forest like. More mesquite trees or palo verde trees.   Up in the northern part there’s a lot of pines and it’s much greener. Granted up in the northern part of the state they tend to get rain( and snow) more throughout the year. 

A number of years ago when on summer vacation when we left Ajo AZ after our breakfast, the bank sign told us the temperature was 114 degrees.  After driving through miles and miles of cactus we arrived in Flagstaff and it’s forests.  On the way home to our B&B from dinner the bank sign told us the temperature was 34 degrees.  It was hard to wrap our heads around a day with an 80 degree difference between the high and the low temperatures.

1 hour ago, Texas Eagle said:

Some dude on YouTube arguing that Goedert coming back is a bad thing for us:

How do these clowns get this many subscribers?

People like you post his videos for people to watch....

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I’m surprised there isn’t more buzz with him and comeback player of the year. Instead it’s probably going to Geno Smith whose uhh coming back from being a backup?

I find humor in the fact he played for both NY teams and both have had terrible QB play this year.

FB_IMG_1671033899858.jpg

23 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

This chick from Croatia.  That is all...

FB_IMG_1671036220980.jpg

she is a bit too wide in the hips for me, a little too much  Kim K like. I know some people like that, but not me. And when she is 45 that area will only expand exponentially. :roll:

If Nick wins coach of the year, Jalen wins MVP and Howie wins executive of the year, and we get bounced by the Cowboys in the playoffs, I might actually lose my mind

15 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Got to give credit to the niners for identifying purdy as a good developmental QB and working with him when lance and Jimmy G before the season were ahead of him on the depth chart. Granted Jimmy g was gone at the end of the year so long term needed a backup. Also shanahan for being able to put him in the best position to succeed. I’ve been impressed that purdy has really not made many mistakes and the game has really looked easy for him. 

Purdy is a textbook match to Bill Parcells’ approach to drafting QBs.  Purdy was the starting QB at Iowa State for 4 years and 46 total starts.  Parcells believed that experience was invaluable.

29 minutes ago, mattwill said:

I was listening to Colin Cowherd a week ago and he was talking to a guest about the NFC and he made the argument that the Eagles had peaked too soon and the Turds were coming on at the right time.  Then Sunday happened …

I think the Eagles are ramping up quite nicely.

I think they are also... but I'd like to see it continue.    And I never want to see a flat game against the Cowboys.

4 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

she is a bit too wide in the hips for me, a little too much  Kim K like. I know some people like that, but not me. And when she is 45 that area will only expand exponentially. :roll:

spacer.png

Archived