EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Flights will be cancelled due to the dangerous sausage storm forecasted for Sunday.

image.gif.3f6d8a9f1b9accdf93dbb5c157d2f991.gif

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Texas Eagle said:

How is a Cowboys win good for us?

I was thinking the same thing with Saints win, but pretty sure he means both are Eagles wins against them.

2 hours ago, NYEagle said:

Wasn't it Parsons that got punk'd twice last game vs. the Eagles on the same play where Hurts made him commit, and he tossed it over his head to AJ Brown?  So Micah...just STFU.

He also was routinely blown up in the run game. Parsons had maybe 2 good plays the whole game — in the third quarter if I remember correctly — and the rest of the game we basically attacked him directly with repeated success.

26 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I was thinking the same thing with Saints win, but pretty sure he means both are Eagles wins against them.

I thought he was just talking this week but then realized what he was saying

40 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Poor Hendon Hooker is gonna be disqualified in a few weeks.

1. Burrow

2. Herbert

3/4: Lawrence/Hurts. I haven’t watched enough Jaguars games to say.

5. Brock Purdy

6. Tua 

Purdy…?

Maybe take a chance on Stroud? 

One the one hand, Parsons is an idiot.

On the other hand imagine playing for the pretend great Cowboys while people are pretending you are LT 2.0

That might give a guy a bit of an ego problem.

46 minutes ago, mattwill said:

We actually want the Bears to win ... for the Draft pick positioning.

But that isn't a good enough reason to not want to go 13-1. 

Now if the Colts beat the Vikings on Saturday, then our only worry would be the Cowboys, and we have the opportunity to put them into misery on Xmas Eve.

Eagles can’t risk it; it would set up a must-win game on the road where a loss drops the Eagles down to the #5 seed — DAL wins a tiebreaker with the Eagles due to a better division record 

Eagles with another NFL Films style release Take a Trip to the Meadowlands with the Eagles 

Funny part at 2:15.  Eagles standing in the tunnel waiting to come on the field and some kid yells "You guys suck you barely beat the Colts!"  Brandon Graham starts laughing and says "Well we're about to beat that ass."

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Poor Hendon Hooker is gonna be disqualified in a few weeks.

1. Burrow

2. Herbert

3/4: Lawrence/Hurts. I haven’t watched enough Jaguars games to say.

5. Brock Purdy

6. Tua 

Ooooooo sorry

The correct answer was "Sam Darnold"

Better luck next time

Major concern for Dallas is if Blankenship isn't back yet because Wallace was a huge part of that first Dallas game flipping the moment CJGJ went out.  They instantly started targeting him.  I'd imagine they would be targeting Wallace early and often if he is starting on Christmas Eve.  

So was at dinner, met jonnu smith and his wife. Patriots are using the university’s football facility for the week instead of flying back to New England to come back out to Vegas. Nice guy. Dude is big. 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

So was at dinner, met jonnu smith and his wife. Patriots are using the university’s football facility for the week instead of flying back to New England to come back out to Vegas. Nice guy. Dude is big. 

Is his wife pissed that you know that :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Purdy…?

Maybe take a chance on Stroud? 

I’m assuming it was only QB’s currently in the NFL

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Have to miss Sundays game because I’ll be flying back from Pittsburgh so my wife can visit her friends.  Enjoy beating up the bears for me.

I have a good divorce lawyer to recommend.

G-d knows, I have a good divorce lawyer...🙃

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Why do those corn dogs not have sticks?  

I had a myriad of thoughts after reviewing these images, none of which were about the corn dogs. And now?  All I can think about is the corn dogs and their missing sticks. 

I just think there may be more to this than meets the artist's eye...

#dafuqarethesticks? 

#corndogstickgate 

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Bears winning would be an absolute disaster scenario if you want the #1 seed.

Why?  Even if the Cowboys and Vikings win their games, the Eagles have a one game lead on both, plus a tie breaker with the Vikings.  Eagles win on Christmas Eve and their #1 seed is locked up.  Sunday’s Bears game is actually nearly irrelevant vis-a-vis the #1 seed.

3 hours ago, RLC said:

If you truly want "best case scenario", it's Bears-Loss, Cowboys-win, Saints-win. However, you can't actually do that, and if we lose to the Bears, then the Cowboys becomes must-win. 

You lost me. How is a Saints win on any weekend a positive for the Eagles?

5 minutes ago, mattwill said:

You lost me. How is a Saints win on any weekend a positive for the Eagles?

The whole conversation needs context.

Its what the Eagles results are vs those teams. So lose to Bears, beat Dallas, beat New Orleans is the meaning.

I'd rather beat Chicago by 30 and worry about the rest next week.

A team's strength of schedule is meaningless. The 0-16 Browns could lose to 16-0 teams every week and they would still suck. Strength of Victory is what counts.

The Eagles have the most wins in the league and those wins have the 6th highest strength of victory.

They have also beaten 3 of the 5 teams with a higher SoV than them (Det, Jax, Min) They also beat the 7th team (Dallas)

There is no weak schedule factor. The Eagles are the best team in the league.

http://www.nflgsis.com/standings.aspx

3 hours ago, mattwill said:

We actually want the Bears to win ... for the Draft pick positioning.

No we don't, Matt. If we lose to the Bears, the Cowboys control their destiny to the top seed. And we're looking at having to win three road playoff games just to get to the Super Bowl. A loss to the Bears would be awful, just awful. 

Furthermore, the Bears winning would probably only help our draft positioning if the Saints lose all four of their remaining games. That's quite unlikely.

That's just a bad, bad notion to have.

17 minutes ago, mattwill said:

Why?  Even if the Cowboys and Vikings win their games, the Eagles have a one game lead on both, plus a tie breaker with the Vikings.  Eagles win on Christmas Eve and their #1 seed is locked up.  Sunday’s Bears game is actually nearly irrelevant vis-a-vis the #1 seed.

Because a win vs the Bears makes the game vs Cowboys mean less. If Bears win vs Eagles it gives the possibility of Cowboys being #1 seed and Eagles #5 seed by Christmas Day. If Eagles win against an inferior opponent they can afford to lose against a better one. Give me the best path to #1 seed over hypotheticals that may not even matter for draft picks any day. 

Archived