EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

5 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Mailata's comment about Parsons was F'ing gold. That guy is just an incredibly awesome dude. F'ing love him.

He and Hurts have both handled it commendably. Fair play to both.

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, mattwill said:

I never want a game against the Cowboys to mean less.  That is antithetical to the core principles of the rivalry.  Look at last year.  Was there any less entertaining/satisfying game than the second Cowboys game?  Entertainment needs drama.

You're so far off the reservation with this ridiculous idea in your head.  

12 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

I’ll give credit to the Colts and the Panthers for standing in the pocket and waiting for Levis and Stroud to fall to their picks… with the phones disconnected Murphy is a fine pick.

Oh, yeah. I would be happy with it, but I'd prefer Anderson. That's all.

Jerry is upgrading AT&T Stadium prior to WC26.  Hard to believe that stadium opened almost 14 years ago.  You wonder if Lurie has any plans to upgrade the Linc before the WC.  Last fan experience upgrade was the scoreboard if I recall.

https://frontofficesports.com/dallas-cowboys-jerry-jones-nfl-super-bowl-att-stadium/

5 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Jerry is upgrading AT&T Stadium prior to WC26.  Hard to believe that stadium opened almost 14 years ago.  You wonder if Lurie has any plans to upgrade the Linc before the WC.  Last fan experience upgrade was the scoreboard if I recall.

https://frontofficesports.com/dallas-cowboys-jerry-jones-nfl-super-bowl-att-stadium/

They need to install anti-baffling in the open corners of the stadium, and probably a lip over the top as well to keep the sound in but the seats dry (not a dome, I enjoy the elements).  That is all - give Jeffrey a ring.

2 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

They need to install anti-baffling in the open corners of the stadium, and probably a lip over the top as well to keep the sound in but the seats dry (not a dome, I enjoy the elements).  That is all - give Jeffrey a ring.

Enclosing the stadium to capture the fan noise would be a great move.  

12 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

They need to install food options that aren't horrible.  Only place in the stadium you can get decent food is at the north entrence just outside the stadium with the BBQ.  Maybe enclose the upper level out like the mid level so when you leave your seats to get food or go to the bathroom you're shielded from the elements. 

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

Enclosing the stadium to capture the fan noise would be a great move.  

Yes, the Linc has wind turbines and solar panels... very nice - but building a competitive advantage architecturally is a no brainer.

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

They need to install food options that aren't horrible.  Only place in the stadium you can get decent food is at the north entrence just outside the stadium with the BBQ.  Maybe enclose the upper level out like the mid level so when you leave your seats to get food or go to the bathroom you're shielded from the elements. 

Definitely - you should be able to walk completely around the stadium w/o having to go to the field level.

3 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Yes, the Linc has wind turbines and solar panels... very nice - but building a competitive advantage architecturally is a no brainer.

The Patriots are doing a renovation at Gillette Stadium that closes the stadium in. 

Patriots break ground on $225 million worth of renovations to Gillette  Stadium, a privately funded project - CBSSports.com

I kind of like Hard Rock Stadium and the overhang over the top.  I think it's a bit too much but something similar at the Linc would be really neat.  Or something similar to what Seattle has. 

15b33528-72eb-4af7-b212-4400817578fc-USATSI_13328726.jpg?crop=4928,3280,x0,y0&width=592&format=pjpg&auto=webp&quality=70

149a1125-d3d7-40e1-a258-e76268af4c36-USATSI_13850037.jpg?crop=3641,2427,x0,y0&width=592&format=pjpg&auto=webp&quality=70

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I'm waiting for some tinker bell in here to argue that they should put a dome on the linc so they can get a SB and the weather won't be a factor.  You know it's coming.  

Yup - it can't be avoided.

Wonder if RTK can use his new artistic talents to show us his original and never before seen stadium upgrades 

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

The Patriots are doing a renovation at Gillette Stadium that closes the stadium in. 

Patriots break ground on $225 million worth of renovations to Gillette  Stadium, a privately funded project - CBSSports.com

I kind of like Hard Rock Stadium and the overhang over the top.  I think it's a bit too much but something similar at the Linc would be really neat.  Or something similar to what Seattle has. 

15b33528-72eb-4af7-b212-4400817578fc-USATSI_13328726.jpg?crop=4928,3280,x0,y0&width=592&format=pjpg&auto=webp&quality=70

149a1125-d3d7-40e1-a258-e76268af4c36-USATSI_13850037.jpg?crop=3641,2427,x0,y0&width=592&format=pjpg&auto=webp&quality=70

That's a franchise that thinks out the box in terms of competitive advantage...

5 hours ago, rrfierce said:

Is Justin Field's running going to be a problem for us?

Luckily their passing game is virtually non-existent so hopefully not. I can foresee TJ getting burned by Fields if he wasn't able to make an open field tackle on Tannehill with a bum ankle.

15 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

why the F would you buy food in the stadium ? that is a big reason for tailgating.

18 hours ago, hputenis said:

She's not really my type guys.  Too much Delco for me.  

image.jpeg.d9fd0f4ce2178b03af0438f55e9f60f4.jpeg

Hey if you are gonna fantasize why waste your time on something that isn't your type?  I am not into HUGH JASS types

1 minute ago, bitbased said:

Luckily their passing game is virtually non-existent so hopefully not. I can foresee TJ getting burned by Fields if he wasn't able to make an open field tackle on Tannehill with a bum ankle.

Fields runs but he also takes a ton of sacks - in the 6 games up until now (since their last win) CHI has been giving up an average of ~33.5pts/game... yikes.

18 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Just remember, @Ipiggles isn’t outraged over what Micah Parsons said.  

Just remember @4for4EaglesNest Thinks making a comment on something = outrage

So he must have been outraged by my comment for him to make this comment.   

1 minute ago, bitbased said:

thats what i've got visions of. all that space for him to run into, wallace and TJ chasing fields down unsuccessfully

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Gillette Stadium needs to be closed off.  That opening they have, never looked right.  

And no, I'd rather not copy what the freaking Dolphins or Seahawks do.  Just close off the one end and let the crowd do the rest.  The only reason they did it in Miami was because of the sun.  Certainly, wasn't to take advantage of a rabid fan base.  

Not saying copy them, but use it as inspiration.  You're right about Miami and the sun but if the Eagles did something to keep the sound in and down on to the field that would be really great. 

Eagles should consider building a dome. Yes, it's nice to have a stadium out in the elements the way football was intended. But with a dome they can host a lot more events, and even a future Super Bowl (since weather wouldn't be a factor (Eagles can be the first team to host and play in the SB)). That would be great for everyone. 

10 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You really aren't getting it, are you?  

I'm more outraged that you didn't like the thick hottie posted in here yesterday, than your outrage of what Parsons said.  

I just have higher standards than most. Thats ok.

And no I'm not getting your "outrage" posts. Apparently I missed the insinuendo or inside joke 

9 hours ago, mattwill said:

I never want a game against the Cowboys to mean less.  That is antithetical to the core principles of the rivalry.  Look at last year.  Was there any less entertaining/satisfying game than the second Cowboys game?  Entertainment needs drama.

It was entertaining.  Got a chance to test a lot of our second and third stringers and gave the cowpads a false sense of security going into their failed post season for the 25th year.  Personally, I would be happiest if the Eagles trounce da’ Bears, the Jags hammer the cowpads, the giants and commode doors tie again (if the meteor doesn’t prevail), the sea chickens win tonight and display Purdy as a seventh round choice for a reason, Ridder gets his first NFL win, and Jeff Saturday regains his magic.

8 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Eagles should consider building a dome. Yes, it's nice to have a stadium out in the elements the way football was intended. But with a dome they can host a lot more events, and even a future Super Bowl (since weather wouldn't be a factor (Eagles can be the first team to host and play in the SB)). That would be great for everyone. 

I think it negatively affects the success of the teams that have domes. There’s a monster advantage to being in a bad weather environment in December/January.

Minnesota and Detroit and Indianapolis having to go to a GB or a Philadelphia or a New England after being conditioned to play in their perfect elements indoor stadium never seems to work out.  

9 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

"Parsons needs to keep his mouth shut" then...."I'm not outraged, I don't have a problem with what he said"

🤣

Then fat shaming.....👎

I stated " He should have kept his mouth shut" Which was the smart move, I guess Parsons isn't smart.  What he said wasn't that big of a deal, the reason he should have kept his mouth shut, why give the other team anything at all? Thats just stupid. I'm not outraged by it. Just commenting on how stupid it was for him to do. Thinking what I said was outrage? Man you are really reaching, must not have much to discuss if this it whats its come down to... LOL

Signed "Proud Fat Shamer." 

Archived