EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

4 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I think it negatively affects the success of the teams that have domes. There’s a monster advantage to being in a bad weather environment in December/January.

Minnesota and Detroit and Indianapolis having to go to a GB or a Philadelphia or a New England after being conditioned to play in their perfect elements indoor stadium never seems to work out.  

image.png.b23b4909ca3d90fbd9eb29200fa17135.png

image.png.1f780b99546c30c5e00044d9e6970c6f.png

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Eagles should consider building a dome. Yes, it's nice to have a stadium out in the elements the way football was intended. But with a dome they can host a lot more events, and even a future Super Bowl (since weather wouldn't be a factor (Eagles can be the first team to host and play in the SB)). That would be great for everyone. 

I disagree. If they want to do other events, build another stadium for that. I dont ever give a crap about having a SB hosted in Philly.... means nothing to me. 

22 hours ago, Ipiggles said:

she is a bit too wide in the hips for me, a little too much  Kim K like. I know some people like that, but not me. And when she is 45 that area will only expand exponentially. :roll:

7QOd9u8qQ4Hio.gif

3 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

I disagree. If they want to do other events, build another stadium for that. I dont ever give a crap about having a SB hosted in Philly.... means nothing to me. 

You’re not a smart person 

2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

You’re not a smart person 

LOL of course you would take personal shots. Compared to you, I am Einstein & Terence Tao combined. 

43 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I'm waiting for some tinker bell in here to argue that they should put a dome on the linc so they can get a SB and the weather won't be a factor.  You know it's coming.  

40 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Yup - it can't be avoided.

20 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Eagles should consider building a dome. Yes, it's nice to have a stadium out in the elements the way football was intended. But with a dome they can host a lot more events, and even a future Super Bowl (since weather wouldn't be a factor (Eagles can be the first team to host and play in the SB)). That would be great for everyone. 

7 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Lol

32 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

why the F would you buy food in the stadium ? that is a big reason for tailgating.

Sometimes you get hungry and want something during the game.  Of all the stadiums I've been to, the Linc has the worst options. 

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

Sometimes you get hungry and want something during the game.  Of all the stadiums I've been to, the Linc has the worst options. 

Is that when you order this?

image.thumb.png.9c767f00a25c598697c8268ef02dba50.png

10 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Maybe so, but it would mean a lot to Julian. I'm sure the city and the stadium hosting the event 10 or so years down the line would make his father Jeff very proud of not only what he did with the franchise but the direction it's going.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That's the first thing I thought of.  Who goes to a game and then says, "what will it be today"?  Last time I even spent money on food at a sporting event is when I took my nephew to a baseball game and bought that helmet full of nachos for him to eat.  Because he wanted to eat nachos out of a helmet.  

Well RTK wears a helmet daily, so it’s kinda the same 

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

See the source image

Yup I missed your post ... how embarrassed I am. SMH

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You know you started to throw out "idiots" yesterday when you were so outraged with me because I was pointing out your outrage over what Parsons said.  

I am guessing you wear size 12 shoes, and if they fit.... you might want to put them on. 

6 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Is that when you order this?

image.thumb.png.9c767f00a25c598697c8268ef02dba50.png

"all the stadiums I've been to" :roll:  I see things are still the same in here.

6 minutes ago, greend said:

"all the stadiums I've been to" :roll:  I see things are still the same in here.

I showed up yesterday just to see whats up... LOL  came back in this am... and you are correct. 

28 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

It was entertaining.  Got a chance to test a lot of our second and third stringers and gave the cowpads a false sense of security going into their failed post season for the 25th year.  Personally, I would be happiest if the Eagles trounce da’ Bears, the Jags hammer the cowpads, the giants and commode doors tie again (if the meteor doesn’t prevail), the sea chickens win tonight and display Purdy as a seventh round choice for a reason, Ridder gets his first NFL win, and Jeff Saturday regains his magic.

My bet is Purdy and the SF offense will look quite a bit different in SEA with no Samuel and the crowd noise in a different stadium -- especially that stadium.

I'd be inclined to wager on the Chickens tonight.

100% anti-dome but definitely all for upgrading the Linc to last another 25 years.

I understand the argument for wanting to host a SB.  One SB can bring between $15-$20 million in tax dollars and generate $100s of millions spent in the surrounding area.  

The thing about a SB though is that everything you do is built with the sole intention of brining in out of town tourists...kind of a direct slap in the face to your hard working, money spending and tax paying local fan base.  I bet you ask any Eagles fan if they would want the Linc to be a dome (without the SB ramifications being brought up) and you'd get a resounding NO.  If you told them it would bring a SB to Philly and the answer is still no. 

11 minutes ago, greend said:

You gotta change your signature friend!

5 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Then they should take care of business when NOT challenged.  You can't seriously be talking about hoping for an Eagles Loss in order to potentially benefit the draft pick owned from the Saints.   

It is neither a 'glass empty' approach, nor a 'ye of little faith' approach.  It is a 'take care of your own business, and let the rest take care of itself' approach.  Eagles need to win, because the Eagles haven't secured the division or #1 seed yet.  And there are no guarantees in the NFL.  

Rooting for wins by the bottom of the league to benefit the Eagles draft pick makes sense, but not when you start talking about the Eagles weakening their own position in the playoff standings at the same time.  Foolishness.

Winners win, baby. That is what we do. We just win.  Baby.

27 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

again, that's what tailgating is for. if you still need food when you go inside you should consider getting on a diet, fatty. you're there to watch football, not go on a food tour. 

Archived