EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I hope you sit near me in Eagles games so I can get the satisfaction that I've annoyed and ruined your experience.  Cry more.  

I have no doubt that you would take pleasure in annoying other people in real life. It seems on brand. 

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Actually when I was a kid my dad made us Peanut butter and tuna fish with pickles.

I make it for my kids pretty regularly , they love it, my wife not so much...😄

Vomiting GIF | Gfycat

43 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

What memorable games have you been to?

1. TO first game back with Cowboys in Philly (Lito int ret TD game)

2. Lions/Eagles snow game

3. Eagles/Saints divisional last second FG loss

4. Eagles @ Cowboys ass-whooping the year we won the SB

5. Eagles @ Cowboys Wentz rookie year where Witten was wide open for OT TD

6. Eagles lose to Seahawks 42-0 with Mike McMahon at QB. Talked myself into a heroic playoff run which ended that tragic night. Never seen a stadium so empty towards the end of the 3rd quarter

Been to a lot of games but the two that probably stand out are the Cowboys @ Eagles 2008 Week 17 where we won 44-6 to make the playoffs and eliminate the Cowboys from going.  Falcons @ Eagles in the divisional round of the 107 season playoffs was also a lot of fun especially since it was the first of the championship run.  

1 minute ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I have no doubt that you would take pleasure in annoying other people in real life. It seems on brand. 

People like you especially, I get so much pleasure from it.  

2 hours ago, BigEFly said:

It was entertaining.  Got a chance to test a lot of our second and third stringers and gave the cowpads a false sense of security going into their failed post season for the 25th year.  Personally, I would be happiest if the Eagles trounce da’ Bears, the Jags hammer the cowpads, the giants and commode doors tie again (if the meteor doesn’t prevail), the sea chickens win tonight and display Purdy as a seventh round choice for a reason, Ridder gets his first NFL win, and Jeff Saturday regains his magic.

A Brett Rypien win over the Cardinals would be a good addition to your wish list.

11 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I think our next stadium should be fully submerged in the ocean with windows so the fans can see fish and sharks swimming around during the game.  That would so cool! 

Capture.PNG

2 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I think it negatively affects the success of the teams that have domes. There’s a monster advantage to being in a bad weather environment in December/January.

Minnesota and Detroit and Indianapolis having to go to a GB or a Philadelphia or a New England after being conditioned to play in their perfect elements indoor stadium never seems to work out.  

I suspect his tongue was in his cheek.

12 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I hope you sit near me in Eagles games so I can get the satisfaction that I've annoyed and ruined your experience.  Cry more.  

So I go pick up my kids for school and there's this one old large lady with her belly always hanging out whose always complaining about something and one day she was saying how much she hates the school parking lot in the morning, she asked me if I ever see a huge truck with a giant flat bed trailer taking up like ten parking spots, and I said yeah I hate that guy he's an idiot, she says, yeah he's my son in-law, that's his work truck and I always tell him to take my compact car to drop kids off but he says he doesn't want to because he likes being a D and pissing people off.

RTK Don't be a fat old lady's son in law...😒

26 minutes ago, Utebird said:

This sounds like a good debate for the blog🤔 what if any snack/ food item is worth getting up to get and missing some of the game action?

Yo girl

14 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I think our next stadium should be fully submerged in the ocean with windows so the fans can see fish and sharks swimming around during the game.  That would so cool! 

At the Dr. Oz Pennsylvania Atlantic coast?

55 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Only had season tickets for 3 years, but during that time some significant things took place, plus going to the odd games here and there...

1.  I was at the MNF game with the flare fired across the field (the flare gun firer was sitting in the 500 level directly in front of my section (714)).  That was the incident that led to the in stadium court room... sort of the final straw type thing.

2. I was at the MNF game where Rodney Peete blew out his knee in the pocket untouched during a routine drop back.

3. I was at Brian Dawkins' Hall of Fame ring ceremony. Thanks @FranklinFldEBUpper!!!

4. I was at the Eagles-Cardinals Thanksgiving Night game back in 2008.  

5. I was at the season opener when Ricky Watters alligator armed the pass and gave the famous "For Who, For What?" quote.

6. I was at the season opener in 1999 where Brian Finneran turned a long pass that should have been completed to seal the first win of the Andy Reid/Doug Pederson era... and became a bobbled ball that was intercepted and returned into FG range for the Eagles to lose on a last second FG (Against the Cardinals, iirc.). 

5 minutes ago, Utebird said:

So I go pick up my kids for school and there's this one old large lady with her belly always hanging out whose always complaining about something and one day she was saying how much she hates the school parking lot in the morning, she asked me if I ever see a huge truck with a giant flat bed trailer taking up like ten parking spots, and I said yeah I hate that guy he's an idiot, she says, yeah he's my son in-law, that's his work truck and I always tell him to take my compact car to drop kids off but he says he doesn't want to because he likes being a D and pissing people off.

RTK Don't be a fat old lady's son in law...😒

Pics?  My man @EaglePhan1986 hasn't been laid in quite some time.  

51 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

I’ve only been to two Eagles games in Philly.

1. 61 yard kick vs Giants

2. Home opener after the SB against the Falcons

Also for memorable I went to the Eagles Bengals tie in 08 in cincy.

Wait, what?!   That can happen?   I wonder what they would do with a playoff game!   Just crazy.

59 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Actually when I was a kid my dad made us Peanut butter and tuna fish with pickles.

I make it for my kids pretty regularly , they love it, my wife not so much...😄

This borders on child abuse.

29 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

1. TO first game back with Cowboys in Philly (Lito int ret TD game)

2. Lions/Eagles snow game

3. Eagles/Saints divisional last second FG loss

4. Eagles @ Cowboys ass-whooping the year we won the SB

5. Eagles @ Cowboys Wentz rookie year where Witten was wide open for OT TD

6. Eagles lose to Seahawks 42-0 with Mike McMahon at QB. Talked myself into a heroic playoff run which ended that tragic night. Never seen a stadium so empty towards the end of the 3rd quarter

1. Eagles v. Dallas 1989, 20-10 and some snowballs

2. 11/2003 Eagles at Carolina - a win against the team that shut them down in the NFC Championship game

3. 9/13/2009 Eagles at Carolina - DeSean had a punt return for a TD

4. 10/25/2015 - Bradford completes like 80% of his passes but all of them are for like 4 yards when it's 3rd and 6. The Eagles never were really that in the game.  

5. 10/10/2021 - Eagles pull out a win when they stop running the same stupid screen pass repeatedly.  Jalen mocks Cam Newton with a Superman pose after the game winning TD.  I witness a couple getting a divorce because the husband (Eagles' fan) would not let up on his wife during the game (Panthers' fan).    

44 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I saw something mildly noteworthy last night. The Eagles put out a short video detailing their trip to the Meadowlands this past weekend. During the video, there was a clip of Covey holding for one of Elliott's kicks. I think it was one of his field goals, although I'm not certain. When the ball was snapped to him, the laces ended up being ninety degrees off from where it should ideally be. The laces were pointed toward Covey's body. But rather than attempt to spin the ball, he simply placed it on the ground as is, and Elliott had to kick the ball like that. It ended up not being a big deal. A skilled kicker can often overcome something like that, although you'd certainly prefer to kick the ball with the laces pointing toward the uprights.

My guess...and this is just conjecture on my part...is that Covey's skill level as a holder is more simplistic than what you'd get from an experienced punter who has held for years. He can field the snap cleanly and put it down quickly to the spot. But spinning it perfectly might just be a little beyond him. I presume Brett Kern has been holding for kicks for fifteen years and will smoothly ease into that role.

Just figured I'd pass it along as it was something that quickly caught my eye while watching.

Might have been more of a comfortability thing for an emergency situation.  If he's the holder moving forward, this week, I'd assume they are working on that.  But, in that moment, better to get the ball down clean.  I doubt Jake would get overly worked up even if the laces were smiling at him for the kick.

ace-ventura.gif

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

This borders on child abuse.

Honestly it's super healthy, PB and Tuna both have a lot of good protein and healthy fats.

Back in the day when my dad made it for us canned tuna was a lot cheaper so it was a really affordable sandwich as well 

Still is as PB is cost effective and I can stretch out one can of tuna for me and the 3 kiddos.

But yeah my wife would agree with you, in fact I'm pretty sure she's used your exact words.😁

7 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

4. I was at the Eagles-Cardinals Thanksgiving Night game back in 2008.  

I was STRONGLY contemplating not going to this game. Besides being on Thanksgiving it was freezing and 5 days ago McNabb was benched for how bad he was. So glad I ended up going. 

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

6. I was at the season opener in 1999 where Brian Finneran turned a long pass that should have been completed to seal the first win of the Andy Reid/Doug Pederson era... and became a bobbled ball that was intercepted and returned into FG range for the Eagles to lose on a last second FG (Against the Cardinals, iirc.). 

That was one of the extremely rare games that I didn't even see. A friend of mine got married that day (who gets married on a Sunday during football season anyway?) and I kinda felt obligated to attend. Had to listen to the second half on the radio on my drive home from North Jersey. I think I might have made it home in time to see the final, losing drive. (Or was that one actually blacked out locally? There were some Cardinals games in the eighties and nineties that were blacked out. There's also an Oilers game from the eighties that was too. It's one of the rare games missing from my video collection as a result.)

2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Honestly it's super healthy, PB and Tuna both have a lot of good protein and healthy fats.

Back in the day when my dad made it for us canned tuna was a lot cheaper so it was a really affordable sandwich as well 

Still is as PB is cost effective and I can stretch out one can of tuna for me and the 3 kiddos.

But yeah my wife would agree with you, in fact I'm pretty sure she's used your exact words.😁

Eat both for your health.  That doesn't mean you have to eat them at the exact same time.   Have some peanut butter at breakfast.  Eat the tuna for lunch with the pickles and rye.... but not together... never together.

2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I'm just amazed your kids have taken to it as much as you yourself did. Stockholm syndrome must run strong in your family 😅

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Eat both for your health.  That doesn't mean you have to eat them at the exact same time.   Have some peanut butter at breakfast.  Eat the tuna for lunch with the pickles and rye.... but not together... never together.

But it's so much better together...

3 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

That was one of the extremely rare games that I didn't even see. A friend of mine got married that day (who gets married on a Sunday during football season anyway?) and I kinda felt obligated to attend. Had to listen to the second half on the radio on my drive home from North Jersey. I think I might have made it home in time to see the final, losing drive. (Or was that one actually blacked out locally? There were some Cardinals games in the eighties and nineties that were blacked out. There's also an Oilers game from the eighties that was too. It's one of the rare games missing from my video collection as a result.)

Might have been blacked out... or would have been if not for local Fox station buying the remaining tickets.   (IIRC, that's how I came across the tickets.  A friend of mine's dad was an audio engineer for Fox29.). 

I also went to a MNF game as a teen back in the early 90s.  I forget exactly which year (might have been 1995).  My friend was featured on the broadcast to illustrate how cold it was at the game.   He was bundled up like Admiral Perry going to explore the North Pole.   Meanwhile, I was just sitting there in my letterman high school jacket like it was nothing.   (Only my left ear made the broadcast, as they didn't want to have someone NOT looking cold, while highlighting how cold it was.)  My girlfriend's dad taped all the games back then to send to his brother to watch later.  So, before he sent that off, he showed me the tape.  And sure enough... it was my left ear and my friend.

Archived