EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

When are Goedert and Smith due for new contracts?

Both under contract through 2025

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Goedert just signed one like a year ago after Ertz was traded

3 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

what did I miss? appears to be deleted.

That's a shame. It was footage of practice that reminded me of Lehigh days....

It was a 12 second video, 1 second was the players warming up, 9 seconds was zoomed in on the grass, 2 seconds was McLanes dumb confused face. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It was a 12 second video, 1 second was the players warming up, 9 seconds was zoomed in on the grass, 2 seconds was McLanes dumb confused face. 

Put it in the vault!

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

3 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

You gotta change your signature friend!

Nah, don't you think it might be bringing some "luck" to the team?

38 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

It’s a problem for everyone. He’s absolutely electric with the ball. 

boogie woogie woogie

18 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Smith won’t be eligible until after next season. 

18 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Seems unnecessarily....

redundant.  

giphy.gif

38 minutes ago, greend said:

Nah, don't you think it might be bringing some "luck" to the team?

Oh, now I see where your username comes from…

image.gif.0116d37afc0eb680a8785523d31e2f84.gif

@bpac55 curious if your thoughts have changed at all about upgrading TE2 next year? Calcaterra has impressed in his brief time, and Stoll looks solid

5 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

@bpac55 curious if your thoughts have changed at all about upgrading TE2 next year? Calcaterra has impressed in his brief time, and Stoll looks solid

"We're fine there."

Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid back with team after son's funeral  Tuesday - nj.com

By the way, did someone stitch Andy's mouth shut with his stache hairs so he couldnt mutter his Reidisms anymore?

I'm still skeptical of giving Jalen 40M+ a year, because I'm not sure what he'll look like without superior talent around him. Ex: Reduce the OL effectiveness by 20%, downgrade WR2, etc because of less cap space. I think he'd still be solid, but he's not Mahomes/Manning/Brady who can elevate scrubs.

That said, I 100% trust Jalen the person with the money. He's not going to freak out if we draft a QB in RD2 (see McNabb & Wentz).

5 minutes ago, RLC said:

I'm still skeptical of giving Jalen 40M+ a year, because I'm not sure what he'll look like without superior talent around him. Ex: Reduce the OL effectiveness by 20%, downgrade WR2, etc because of less cap space. I think he'd still be solid, but he's not Mahomes/Manning/Brady who can elevate scrubs.

That said, I 100% trust Jalen the person with the money. He's not going to freak out if we draft a QB in RD2 (see McNabb & Wentz).

People like to dismiss or mock his intangibles, but they matter a great deal. You can’t improve as much as he has without them. 

It will likely always be the most shocking pick in the moment (even more than guys like Jon Harris and Kevin Kolb), but the Eagles were right to bet on him.

2 hours ago, BigEFly said:

https://theathletic.com/3992807/2022/12/15/nfl-draft-2023-bowl-preview/?source=pulsenewsletter&campaign=5709216

Nice third day/UDFA prospects mentioned for those with an Athletic subscription. 

Cure Bowl (3 p.m., ESPN)
Troy vs. UTSA

After lining up primarily at guard as an underclassman, Troy fifth-year interior offensive lineman Jake Andrews (6-3, 330) moved to center and played well this season. He is an alert, technically sound blocker, and he didn’t back down vs. Ole Miss in the 2022 opener. Andrews is a projected priority free agent and can hold his own once he’s in an NFL camp.

Las Vegas Bowl (2:30 p.m., ESPN)
Florida vs. Oregon State

keep an eye on Oregon State sixth-year Brandon Kipper (6-6, 333), who moved inside this season from right tackle. The Idaho native needs to be more efficient with his punch timing, but he blocks with balance and coordination in the run game and as a pass blocker

Frisco Bowl (9:15 p.m., ESPN)
North Texas vs. Boise State

Boise State’s JL Skinner (6-4, 210) is my top-ranked senior safety in this class. He has a unique package of size, length and speed for the position. After collecting three total interceptions over his first three seasons, he leads the Broncos with four interceptions and ranks second in tackles this season. Skinner will be looking to cement his status as a Day 2 prospect.

Quick Lane Bowl (2:30 p.m., ESPN)
Bowling Green vs. New Mexico State

It has been a decade since Bowling Green produced a draft pick on defense, but fifth-year DL Karl Brooks (6-3, 305) has a chance to change that. Tied with Alabama’s Will Anderson Jr. with 10.0 sacks, Brooks put together an incredible 2022 season, including 18.0 tackles for loss and countless splash plays. Although he lines up primarily on the edge, Brooks has the initial quickness and powerful hands to be a legitimate three-technique prospect

Military Bowl (2 p.m., ESPN)
Duke vs. UCF

Fifth-year LT Tylan Grable (6-7, 290), a transfer from Jacksonville State, was a nice addition this season for UCF and has graded well in pass protection. A high school quarterback-turned-tight end before moving to the offensive line, Grable’s technique and eye discipline are inconsistent and you’d like to see more power behind his punch. But he is an impressive athlete for 290 pounds, with the feet and hips offensive line coaches will want to develop.

Cotton Bowl (1 p.m., ESPN)
USC vs. Tulane

A dynamic playmaker, Tulane fourth-year RB Tyjae Spears (5-11, 195) had a promising 2021 season before really blowing up this year with 1,376 rushing yards (6.5 yards per carry) and 15 touchdowns in 2022. A player who reminds me a lot of James Cook last season at Georgia, Spears has a slender frame for the position but outstanding read, plant and burst action as a runner. He has the cutting skills and vision to abruptly change his rush path and find a new lane. Against a USC team that ranks 102nd in the FBS in total defense, Spears should be a more well-known prospect after this matchup.

Rose Bowl (5 p.m., ESPN)
Utah vs. Penn State

While not the caliber of Jaquon Brisker a year ago, fifth-year safety Ji’Ayir Brown (5-11, 210) has been a rock-solid defender for Penn State. He has a combined nine interceptions the last two seasons and showed better consistency on his 2022 tape — he didn’t allow any touchdowns in coverage. I don’t expect Brown to run a blazing 40-yard dash, but he has experience on special teams and is also a leader on defense. He has a chance to be drafted in the mid-to-late rounds.

3 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

His times with @olsilverhair don't count?

If you count any sort of penetration, then yes.  Lots of lube, finger, fist, toy, and butt stuff.  But if you wanna get technical?  Not so sure! 

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

People like to dismiss or mock his intangibles, but they matter a great deal. You can’t improve as much as he has without them. 

It will likely always be the most shocking pick in the moment (even more than guys like Jon Harris and Kevin Kolb), but the Eagles were right to bet on him.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-jalen-hurts-wasnt-a-good-pick-by-the-philadelphia-eagles-he-was-a-great-one

This was the article immediately after the draft that made me understand the pick. But I 100% understand the frustration. That was definitely the angriest I've seen the EMB, including Reagor, Marcus Smith, Derek Barnett, trading down in 2008, etc.

21 minutes ago, RLC said:

Yeah I don’t think he’s gonna be an MVP candidate every year, but that’s the going rate for any top 10 QBs, which I don’t think there are 10 better right now. Lot of guys sucking this year

39 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I've noticed him more and his blocking has improved but I still think with the talent available it's going to be hard not to upgrade.  There are so many great TE in college football.  I like Calcaterra and think he could turn in to a solid pro but if the chance is there to get a very good TE in the draft I'm not letting him get in my way. 

What it might do however is make Stoll available in a trade.  We'll see how it plays out. 

20 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

The great thing is that, they didnt. They lucked in that by default. They had no one else and were stuck with him as the option.

30 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I didn’t predict him making the jump he made from last season to this season and I had my issues/concerns, but I was always big on his work ethic and leadership. Never questioned him there. Anyone who followed his college career knew he had the goods in that department. He’s the ultimate teammate and grinder, which is why I was rooting for him to put it together and work out. You don’t find many like him from an intangibles standpoint. 

Archived