EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

34 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

SEA has a bad run defense.  This should be a game to load the box and make the rookie QB beat you.  I doubt Purdy plays well in his first road start 

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

SEA has a bad run defense.  This should be a game to load the box and make the rookie QB beat you.  I doubt Purdy plays well in his first road start 

Purdy has a strained oblique too which could affect him 

32 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I was at that game too.

They gotta bring the horn back after scores.  

28 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

There’s always going to be a yin and yang with a QB and the environment. Only the very elite can elevate a team despite the bad environment. I don’t think Hurts is in that category, but his skill set also opens up a lot of cool stuff for Stoutland and the coaching staff. It’s not just a one-way street. 

Does he make the players around him better? Not from what i see. Coaches are doing a masterful job and the conference sucks

Just now, ToastJenkins said:

Does he make the players around him better? Not from what i see. Coaches are doing a masterful job and the conference sucks

I think you could argue he makes Sanders better. I also think the attention he gets from spies or an extra defender in the box makes the receivers better too.

It all goes hand in hand. 

1 hour ago, TorontoEagle said:

@ManuManu my issue is that whenever the success of the eagles this year is brought up, it’s pounded over and over that it’s mostly due to Hurts improvement which has come because he’s a hard worker. RTK just posted that story a few pages ago that Hurts is "living” in the Novacare because he works so hard. Then you have pages of the Blog gushing over it soon after. 

Josh Allen obviously has a better arm. But he had a huge deficiency in accuracy and decision making coming into the league. When he made his huge leap, heaps of praise was given to him and Daboll. So much do that Daboll was a very hot coaching commodity.

With Hurts, you never really hear about Brian Johnson, who is probably most responsible for the improvement. Sirianni too and of course Steichen. And I think the entire offense is under appreciated as odd as that may seem. It just gets a bit nauseating hearing about Hurts work ethic, or having him highlight it so often in his social media.

You get nauseated when people praise the QB of your favorite team during a year in which he's at the helm of the league's best offense? It makes you nauseous to hear about it as we have lost literally only a single game all season and are in prime position to secure HFA and a bye week in the playoffs?

I mean, even if it's overly optimistic fluff pieces from the media while you still have doubts that he'll perform up to the same level against the league's top defenses, it's still really weird to me that something like that would actually bother you so much. I could understand it with someone like Vick who did some pretty heinous things off the field, but that's not the issue here so I don't get why some of you guys are so unable to just ignore social media or even what guys like RTK say. 

It really seems that we cannot go wrong with either Anderson, Carter or Murphy with that Saints pick.

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

WRONG

You’re supposed to say 2021. We coulda had a sweet countdown. Now it’s ruined

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think his reading has improved. Pre-snap, and quick recognition after the snap. 

And his passing vision and decision making has improved too. There are numerous plays in ever game last where you could point to and say- he had this guy open for a TD.... This year, we have rarely said that. Hes seeing the plays to be made for the most part.

What he is still struggling with is staying composed when he knows a blitz is coming. Or not even a blitz. But seeing 1 OL getting pushed back a little bit. When he leaves a solid pocket and makes a play more difficult because he wouldnt stand in an extra half second, or move just a bit and deliver from a different point. 

He clearly has some sort of mechanical issue that makes a lot of his short passes nose dive. 

He inexplicably is a poor passer on the move when mobility has always been the best (and sometimes only redeeming) part of his game. 

His accuracy on deep balls has been juuuuust good enough, but has been tempting fate often. Whether that fate be an INT or a trip to the hospital for his WRs... Or a fumble caused by his placement of the ball on what could have otherwise been a game winning play.     This deep ball accuracy represents an major improvement for him, but still a major area of weakness. He needs to learn to change trajectory at times (though maybe he cant because of his arm strength issue). 

:roll:

4 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

You get nauseated when people praise the QB of your favorite team during a year in which he's at the helm of the league's best offense? It makes you nauseous to hear about it as we have lost literally only a single game all season and are in prime position to secure HFA and a bye week in the playoffs?

I mean, even if it's overly optimistic fluff pieces from the media while you still have doubts that he'll perform up to the same level against the league's top defenses, it's still really weird to me that something like that would actually bother you so much. I could understand it with someone like Vick who did some pretty heinous things off the field, but that's not the issue here so I don't get why some of you guys are so unable to just ignore social media or even what guys like RTK say. 

I clearly have a lower tolerance to BS than you do. NBD

12 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I clearly have a lower tolerance to BS than you do. NBD

Being able to ignore BS without getting nauseous is an important skill in life. Allows one to be able to enjoy the ride instead of getting so upset with trivial things.

2 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Being able to ignore BS without getting nauseous is an important skill in life. Allows one to be able to enjoy the ride instead of getting so upset with trivial things.

Oh I have ways of dealing with the nausea, I’m good 

31 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

I've often wondered which poster will be most annoyed when the Eagles hand hurts his 250 million check after this season. You are currently the front runner. 

1 minute ago, jsb235 said:

I've often wondered which poster will be most annoyed when the Eagles hand hurts his 250 million check after this season. You are currently the front runner. 

I hope they make it a 10 year contract at that price 

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Yep, that was it.  Vick barely got it off before he was smoked.  Now that was a great memory with my Dad and brothers.  We couldn't stop smiling!

7 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I hope they make it a 10 year contract at that price. 

I guess. Maybe howie can put you in charge of negotiating. I am sure you would be great at it. 

43 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

It really seems that we cannot go wrong with either Anderson, Carter or Murphy with that Saints pick.

The kid out of Texas Tech, Tyree Wilson, is getting a lot of buzz. Long, tall, explosive DE. 

There’s a growing narrative that he might be DE2.

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

There’s always going to be a yin and yang with a QB and the environment. Only the very elite can elevate a team despite the bad environment. I don’t think Hurts is in that category, but his skill set also opens up a lot of cool stuff for Stoutland and the coaching staff. It’s not just a one-way street. 

No doubt about that. Hurts deserves credit and is the MVP right now. I just think the job the coaches are doing isn’t being talked about enough. A lot of these plays are pitch and catch. 

Just now, schuy7 said:

No doubt about that. Hurts deserves credit and is the MVP right now. I just think the job the coaches are doing isn’t being talked about enough. A lot of these plays are pitch and catch. 

Yep. There’s a reason we’re 12-1. We’re a well-coached, well-conceived team that is executing well. We can beat teams in multiple ways — pounding the football, airing it out, winning on defense. 

I love that the team offensive coaching staff looks at the other team and says what’s their weakness, let’s relentlessly attack that. We don’t have to win any one way. 

4 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

The kid out of Texas Tech is getting a lot of buzz. Long, tall, explosive DE. 

There’s a growing narrative that he might be DE2.

Tyree Wilson is a freak of nature.

Wouldn't be disappointed with him in a trade down if Anderson/Carter are off the board.

I wonder how much of an impact analytics have on our gameplans. I have a feeling Nick has really embraced it that part of the process and I think it has made a huge impact on our success, especially early in games. I don’t have any way of knowing this, it’s just something I think could having a big impact that isn’t talked about. 

Archived