Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

6 minutes ago, xzmattzx said:

Kind of ironic, considering they play in Phoenix.  Maybe they should open the roof once in a while.  And what idiot decided black jerseys on a day in the upper 90s would be perfectly normal?

Living out here, it’s still brutally hot even with the dome closed. They did a crap job with keeping it cool inside. I imagine it’s what it feels like to be inside a tuna can if you leave it out in 115 degree weather.

that said I’d take 115-120 out here over 95-100 with humidity. The heat and humidity is way worse. Whoever decided on black jerseys was an idiot. 

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Living out here, it’s still brutally hot even with the dome closed. They did a crap job with keeping it cool inside. I imagine it’s what it feels like to be inside a tuna can if you leave it out in 115 degree weather.

that said I’d take 115-120 out here over 95-100 with humidity. The heat and humidity is way worse. Whoever decided on black jerseys was an idiot. 

I tell people who never experienced humidity before and only know dry heat, is that you’d rather have 100 degree dry heat than 100 degrees and humidity. At least when there is shade it actually makes a difference. Humidity is the worst 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

I tell people who never experienced humidity before and only know dry heat, is that you’d rather have 100 degree dry heat than 100 degrees and humidity. At least when there is shade it actually makes a difference. Humidity is the worst 

Yup. I’ve lived in both I’d take the dry heat every time. Even when it’s 120 it’s not as bad as the humidity. I remember i went to an eagles game back in Philly in 2017 in the beginning of October and the humidity was still awful and by the end of the game i was drained. I’ve been to cardinals/eagles games when they played at sun devil stadium in September when it is still 105-110. Wasn’t nearly as bad as it was in the humidity. 

• Like 1

I used to go to Eagles training camp in Lehigh every summer and the humidity here in the valley is even more brutal. It's like a tropical rain forest. You just get soaked in sweat and it can't evaporate.

• Like 1

Just now, John Blutarski said:

I used to go to Eagles training camp in Lehigh every summer and the humidity here in the valley is even more brutal. It's like a tropical rain forest. You just get soaked in sweat and it can't evaporate.

I used to work at a recycle plant in Tennessee and was completely soaked in sweat by 7am. Just awful. The sweat starts on your body, arms first then covers you in seconds. I don’t miss it 

• Like 1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoadToHell said:

Yep. I did the last part of a hike in 108 degrees this month in Zion. It was hot but nothing like sitting at a Phillies game on 4th of July back in the day when it was 100. Felt like death. 

• Like 1

• Like 3

5 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I always hate when the dumb weather people say its 90 but because of the humidity it feels like 100, no that is not true at al, I have been out west, 100 and no humidity is paradise compared to even 85 and humidity

• Like 2

9 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

that said I’d take 115-120 out here over 95-100 with humidity. The heat and humidity is way worse.

Agree 100%.  I remember my 1st time experiencing the dry heat out west and it was during a heat wave so the temps were 104-113 for two weeks straight in Wyoming/Utah/Arizona where I was traveling.  I'd take that any day over an 80 degree 95% humidity day.  Doesn't even have to be 95.

I remember going to the '94 World Cup quarterfinal Italy/Spain in Foxborough (trash of a stadium) and it was about 78 and near 100% humidity and it was one of the worst days I can remember.  I also have the memories of growing up in Chester County without central A/C and none in my bedroom.  Give me the dry heat any day of the week.

Thank god the Walker experiment is over with......trade him to a pitching desperate team, eat part of his salary and just ask for a go f yourself back.  I look at us as ahead in signing ex Mets....way won with Wheeler!  

• Like 2

Why is game time so early today?

What channel is this game? I thought it was national broadcast?

8 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

What channel is this game? I thought it was national broadcast?

Roku app but if you have mlbtv apparently it’s on there too 

• Like 1

Great catch by Marsh 

Was last year just an anomaly for Scott? He looked like a future .280+ hitter.  

8 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Was last year just an anomaly for Scott? He looked like a future .280+ hitter.  

His OBP is still high enough. His exit velocity is down by 2 mph. He’s also seeing less more fastballs this year  (5%).  breaking pitches up 5% and off speed up 1%. Last year hit .304 vs. fastball. This year .232. Vs. breaking pitches he’s actually better this year than 2023; .279 vs .264. However he’s been awful vs. off speed he’s .186 whereas last year he was not great at .234

• Like 1

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

His OBP is still high enough. His exit velocity is down by 2 mph. He’s also seeing less more fastballs this year  (5%).  breaking pitches up 5% and off speed up 1%. Last year hit .304 vs. fastball. This year .232. Vs. breaking pitches he’s actually better this year than 2023; .279 vs .264. However he’s been awful vs. off speed he’s .186 whereas last year he was not great at .234

Nice breakdown 👍🏽

• Like 1

This ceccino kid has been bad for much of the last two months. So naturally thru 3 the Phillies are struggling. And Hughes has also stunk this year especially before he got demoted  

Just now, Khani1 said:

Nice breakdown 👍🏽

His other issue he has going on is that his swing is too long. It is similar to what Rojas was doing. He’s not a Homerun hitter. So when you’re swing is long, it usually means you’re trying to hit for more power when you have no need to do that. Bryson Scott has enough power to hit home runs, but when Bryson Stott is really good he’s working counts and hitting doubles.

Also an issue he always sees the first pitch. So he’s usually down 0-1 in the count because pitchers know he’s not gonna swing at the first pitch. So you’re already in a hole and that might be the best pitch you get because they’re just throwing it over cause they know you’re not gonna swing. Normally with the Phillies, I would say don’t swing at the first pitch, but since he’s got himself into this predicament of being down  0-1 and teams are throwing over pitches he could really do damage. He needs to start swinging at it.

• Like 1

1-6 with RISP. 

23 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Nice breakdown 👍🏽

Thats why he is the king of this thread

• Like 1