Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

Arguably might be the best free agent signing in the history of Philadelphia. There’s some that are in the argument but if he wins a WS I’m not sure he isn’t definitively. 

• Like 4

Triple play. Don’t see that everyday. Add on it was vierling who hit into it 

Is this umpire going through an exorcism?? What the f is he doing?

21 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Idk.. didn’t see it

6 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Arguably might be the best free agent signing in the history of Philadelphia. There’s some that are in the argument but if he wins a WS I’m not sure he isn’t definitively. 

Pete Rose

• Like 1

Am i the only one who thinks Luis Robert jr is overrated for what you’re gonna have to give up to acquire him. I think he gives you power from the right side and good defense. But what is going to cost you to get him is a Juan Soto type package that the Padres had to give up. I don’t think he’s anywhere close to Soto as a hitter. I get you are going to get 3 1/2 years of him, but I feel like it’s too costly for a guy who had durability concerns and a chase rate similar to Castellanos. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Am i the only one who thinks Luis Robert jr is overrated for what you’re gonna have to give up to acquire him. I think he gives you power from the right side and good defense. But what is going to cost you to get him is a Juan Soto type package that the Padres had to give up. I don’t think he’s anywhere close to Soto as a hitter. I get you are going to get 3 1/2 years of him, but I feel like it’s too costly for a guy who had durability concerns and a chase rate similar to Castellanos. 

He sucks and is always hurt. Do not want him

The Phillies pitching staff is #1 in MLB with a 12 earned runs lead over the #2 Yankees, an 18 earned runs lead over the #3 Dodgers, and a 24 earned runs lead over the #3 Orioles.

The Phiilies Offense is #3 in MLB and is within 7 hits of #1 Houston, and 1 hit of #2 San Diego.

52-26 is the best W-L record in MLB and the +121 run differential is also #1 in MLB.

A whole lot to appreciate. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoadToHell said:

He sucks and is always hurt. Do not want him

It is as clear as the nose on our faces that Kyle Tucker is the cream that has risen to the top of DD's shopping list.

17 minutes ago, mattwill said:

It is as clear as the nose on our faces that Kyle Tucker is the cream that has risen to the top of DD's shopping list.

Not sure the Astros move Tucker. They currently are 4.5 out of the last wildcard and 5.5 games back of Seattle for the division. We really need them to go into another slump 

5 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Not sure the Astros move Tucker. They currently are 4.5 out of the last wildcard and 5.5 games back of Seattle for the division. We really need them to go into another slump 

Agreed.

In addition to Astros losses, we should be rooting for every night wins by the Twins, Red Sox and Royals in addition to the Mariners. 

14 hours ago, Khani1 said:

LOL I noticed that too - he kept looking up like there was something inside his helmet :lol: 

1 minute ago, mikemack8 said:

LOL I noticed that too - he kept looking up like there was something inside his helmet :lol: 

Between the grinding off the teeth and his demon eyes, that’s all I could focus on when they camera went up close. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah it was pretty weird.  He had a pretty bad strikezone too - which makes sense since he was looking up into his brain half the time :lol: 

• Haha 2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If there was a jaw drop emoji I would've used it 

17 minutes ago, John Blutarski said:

If there was a jaw drop emoji I would've used it 

IMG_8656.webp.cab378acbcb13acd6cc3961f7fc2ce74.webp

wish we had this as an icon like they did with Howie on here :howie:

• Like 1

Ranger has been bad against the worst part of the tigers lineup. Their 7 thru 9 hitters are 4-6

Yup this feels like a loss. Just pointing out the Phillies lately can’t hit good starting pitchers: houck, bradish, burnes, Rodriguez, and skubal. All are good pitchers the Phillies consistently struggled with 

Horrible performance all around