Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

38 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

They need to promote him. I get he’s 17 but if he’s going to hit like that then elevate him and see how he fairs moving up in competition. 

14 minutes ago, John Blutarski said:

bases loaded no outs and only 1 run... sorry but that sucks

How dusty still is our 3rd base coach is amazing. How many times does he need to F up before they remove him. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Phillies 0-6 with RISP thru 2 innings lol 

Stubbs is a waste and Schwarber is a strikeout machine

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

How dusty still is our 3rd base coach is amazing. How many times does he need to F up before they remove him. 

He's terrible. They will keep him on till at least the end of the season though I bet.

1 minute ago, John Blutarski said:

oh crap, shoulder soreness

Don't worry walker will be back soon

• Sad 1

Great we are getting Walker back. Frankly jerking him back and forth from rotation to bullpen to rotation probably not helpful  

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Marsh carrying the Phillies today. we have 5 runs but 1-7 with RISP. 

Try and focus on the positive, it is good for mental health

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Try and focus on the positive, it is good for mental health

I’ve been trying to model my post after your positivity lol 

• Thanks 1

A couple years ago our extreme negativity in here (led by Joe) got them all the way to the WS. If anything this year we're being too nice in here. Time to ramp up the negativity!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, John Blutarski said:

A couple years ago our extreme negativity in here (led by Joe) got them all the way to the WS. If anything this year we're being too nice in here. Time to ramp up the negativity!

Years ago I had a negativty thread that had thousand of posts ,I believe that is what sparked their World series run in 2008

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John Blutarski said:

My biggest concern is the same issues that cost them a WS and a nlcs are questions. To me those demons are there until they able to prove they’re not. We can blame kimbrel for some of it but the Phillies hitting with RISP cost them vs. the Astros and vs. dbacks the last 5 games of that series. To me I’ll complain about Walker cause frankly he sucks. I’ll question managerial decisions cause Thomson needs to be cause his questionable decisions came into play during that Dbacks series. Roster moves i think is more opinionated on how you feel about certain guys. But the risp issue is a big time issue until they show they can avoid famine for long stretches in the postseason.

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

My biggest concern is the same issues that cost them a WS and a nlcs are questions. To me those demons are there until they able to prove they’re not. We can blame kimbrel for some of it but the Phillies hitting with RISP cost them vs. the Astros and vs. dbacks the last 5 games of that series. To me I’ll complain about Walker cause frankly he sucks. I’ll question managerial decisions cause Thomson needs to be cause his questionable decisions came into play during that Dbacks series. Roster moves i think is more opinionated on how you feel about certain guys. But the risp issue is a big time issue until they show they can avoid famine for long stretches in the postseason.

Thomson gets too much of a pass from the media, they have gone soft for sure

4 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Thomson gets too much of a pass from the media, they have gone soft for sure

I think for the most part he does a solid job. I think some of his decisions are organizational decisions. Like moving turnbull to rp and going walker. Frankly the screwed with turnbhll. He’s never trained to be a reliever. He’s always done so to be a starter. So moving him from starter to BP to starter likely doesn’t help him. Add on you train differently as one you are asked to pitch shorter frames but not every fifth day. I said let him start til the wheels fall off because there was a chance he can’t pull off being a rp and also injuries may occur he never trained to do it. Now moving him back and forth likely also didn’t help him. 

• Like 1