Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

1 hour ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Stott may be a bust, he is not very good, and has not been for awhile

do you post things just to see the words on the screen?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

do you post things just to see the words on the screen?

What has stott done this year?

2 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

so, 1/2 way through the year, of his 3rd season, you are calling him a bust? you probably called bohm a bust last year too, didn't you?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

have to find the tweet but he’s actually been good with risp. Hes hitting .309 which is surprising cause with no one on he’s hitting .234

16 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

so, 1/2 way through the year, of his 3rd season, you are calling him a bust? you probably called bohm a bust last year too, didn't you?

Stott has had more bad than good,  bohm was good in 22, stott was not, Bohm looking at the game logs also was pretty good most of the year last year, defense was his issue and still is somewhat

On 6/8/2024 at 3:47 PM, TV Guy said:

11-5 (45-19)

I'll happily keep eating crow.

8-8

13-3 (21-11)

13-3 (34-14)

11-5 (45-19)

8-8 (53-27) - little stumble with that road trip, but won the last two series to even it up.

Keep feeding me crow. 

9 minutes ago, TV Guy said:

8-8 (53-27) - little stumble with that road trip, but won the last two series to even it up.

They've won the last 3 series going 6-3 during the stretch.  Get 3 of 4 against the Marlins and they can feel good heading into a tough patch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

They've won the last 3 series going 6-3 in the meantime.  Get 3 of 4 against the Marlins and they can feel good heading into a tough stretch.

Honestly it was good to win a road series. It had been since the Mets 2 game road trip May 14th the last time they did. Their July is gonna be brutal schedule wise 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Stott has had more bad than good,  bohm was good in 22, stott was not, Bohm looking at the game logs also was pretty good most of the year last year, defense was his issue and still is somewhat

you didn't answer my question. also, did you "accidently" leave out stott's 23 stats to try and justify giving up on a 3rd year player? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Maybe it was the ghost of Walker grabbing him

All i know is probably ask Gabe to put some coconut oil on it. That should help it 

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

All i know is probably ask Gabe to put some coconut oil on it. That should help it 

Thats a disturbing image

• Haha 1

I’m certainly not going to turn on Stott…but you know what is concerning?  The vaunted untouchable big 3 pitching prospects from the last couple years are starting to evaporate into thin air.  Plus, Crawford has no power and is still a ways off.

These guys are young…but it’s not like football draft picks where most pan out in some way and yoh need to be patient.  The odds are always against these guys and they are getting worse by the month with how they look in the minors.

With how good the Phillies are and how unlikely any of them are to make it, it’s time to trade them for help at the deadline.

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Every one of them has drastically reduced value compared to last year.  Might be time to get something while we still can.

Selling low is usually a poor strategy 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

I’m certainly not going to turn on Stott…but you know what is concerning?  The vaunted untouchable big 3 pitching prospects from the last couple years are starting to evaporate into thin air.  Plus, Crawford has no power and is still a ways off.

These guys are young…but it’s not like football draft picks where most pan out in some way and yoh need to be patient.  The odds are always against these guys and they are getting worse by the month with how they look in the minors.

With how good the Phillies are and how unlikely any of them are to make it, it’s time to trade them for help at the deadline.

Couple things, I think it’s hard to judge Justin Crawford‘s power because he’s only 20 years old. If he was like 23-24 then I think we could start questioning how much power he’s going to have. There was questions about Alec Bohm’s having enough power at third base. Crawford is never going to be mistaken for Ryan Howard power but i think at 20 years old it’s hard to say he has no power or he’ll never have that power.

Abel is depreciating value. He’s been really bad this year. The time to trade him was last offseason. Right now you are selling at a low and not getting all that much and really is likely a 3rd prospect included in a deal. He’s not a centerpiece and frankly likely not even the no 2 piece. 

painter is injured. So he is a depreciating value right now. You basically be selling him at a low. Unless you don’t believe he’s coming back to what he was prior then it’s likely better to hold onto him. 

the third best pitching prospect is George klassen. Kid has really good stuff. However he’s also in A ball. And he’s really only shown it this year. Not sure teams give you what you think for a guy who’s only done it for half a season at A ball. 

The other issue is, who are you getting at the deadline? With how close the races are in the American League wildcard and the National League wildcard there might not be a player out there worth giving up your prospects for. I keep seeing Luis Robert Jr, i think he’s overrated and not worth a Soto type package the white Sox are asking for. Over the last 4 years (2021-2024) his average has declined and his OBP has declined. People get frustrated with Castellanos chase rate and hit and cold streaks, Robert has the same issue. He has 38 Ks in 27 games. Meaning his 162 game pace is 228 Ks. He swings at a lot of crap pitches. Imo giving up a lot for him is risky as he’s also injury prone. If kyle tucker was available I’d do it for him. But i don’t think the guy to give up the farm is available for what they need.

another thing the Phillies sat around this off-season and just banked on Rojas and Castellanos to be better. But really Rojas was more likely going to be a platoon with marsh. And Castellanos couldnt be trusted. So when Bellinger was still sitting out there for months, they probably should’ve made a move to bring him in. Now I do think their thinking was probably Soto is gonna be a free agent at the end of next year. Let’s just wait to spend our money and throw it at him and get him. But the problem is, I don’t think he’s leaving the Yankees now. 

I thought Rojas should’ve started the year in the minors because if he would’ve hit like this, I think it’s confidence would’ve been good and then you call him up that maybe he comes and maybe carries it over when called up. I thought his confidence was real bad by the end of spring training and really didn’t have much of it through the first month of the season. Besides he needed to shorten his swing, which for most of the highlights I’ve seen in LHV it looks more compact 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I thought Rojas should’ve started the year in the minors because if he would’ve hit like this, I think it’s confidence would’ve been good and then you call him up that maybe he comes and maybe carries it over when called up. I thought his confidence was real bad by the end of spring training and really didn’t have much of it through the first month of the season. Besides he needed to shorten his swing, which for most of the highlights I’ve seen in LHV it looks more compact 

I’d leave him down through the all star break and then reconsider bringing him back up based on his performance. Pache and Daal are worthless. Merrifield sucks but has position versatility.