Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

This is 3 hamstring issues over the last 2 months. What the hell is going on with their strength and conditioning? Do they stretch? Do they hydrate?

2 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

If these injuries are serious then this is some pretty messed up stuff

Can point out if the umpire doesn’t F wheeler chance harper doesn’t get hurt 

Fan Fing tastic … the schwarber injury is 100% preventable if you don’t play a guy in LF who Fing sucks as a fielder  

1 minute ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

My new positive outlook is being tested 

Frankly would be surprised if we see Harper before the all star break. Feels like that’s about a 2-3 week hammy pull if we are fortunate and it’s not a Turner type hammy. Schwarber who knows. Frankly it’s Fing stupid they had him in the OF. He sucks as a fielder anyway and no reason he should ever be anything but a DH unless Harper needs TJ surgery again  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Frankly would be surprised if we see Harper before the all star break. Feels like that’s about a 2-3 week hammy pull if we are fortunate and it’s not a Turner type hammy. Schwarber who knows. Frankly it’s Fing stupid they had him in the OF. He sucks as a fielder anyway and no reason he should ever be anything but a DH unless Harper needs TJ surgery again  

The have no depth unfortunately 

2 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

The have no depth unfortunately 

What are you talking about we have Derrick hall… 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

What are you talking about we have Derrick hall… 

Well don’t I feel stupid now 

• Haha 1

Just now, Joe Shades 73 said:

They will rested for the stretch run

Their next month and a half is brutal. If Harper is out for 6 weeks I’m not sure how they make it through going .500. 3 vs. marlins, 3 at cubs, 3 at Braves, 3 vs. dodgers, 3 vs. A’s (all star break), 3 at pirates, 3 at twins, 3 vs. Cleveland, 3 vs. Yankees, 3 at Seattle, 3 at dodgers and 4 at dbacks. So 37 game stretch. I’d be surprised if Harper is out for that 6 weeks period if they go 18-19. 

2 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

So I guess the best we can hope for is grade one

Frankly I’d be surprised if Harper plays again before the all star game. Feels like that’s likely a minimum. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Anything less than 8 weeks would be relatively good news, but thinking we may not see him until the postseason 

24 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Anything less than 8 weeks would be relatively good news, but thinking we may not see him until the postseason 

He doesn’t need a leg amputation. My god.

36 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

He doesn’t need a leg amputation. My god.

I think it’s gonna wind up being a strain. That’s either gonna be 3 to 6 weeks. But the thing that concerns me more is that it’s a lower hamstring. So that could mean his hamstring and something else along with it which might take longer. Unless this is like a torn hamstring, he’s likely gonna be back somewhere between 6 to 8 weeks at worse. However, the fact that their schedule is brutal for the next six weeks is like the worst possible time for it to happen besides the playoffs.