Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

If we can get to the all star break point 7-8 or 8-7 that’s a win in my books. Would likely have realmuto, schwarber and harper all back then 

8 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

Might not get to 60 wins till August 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

That makes me feel better. My cat died unexpectedly today and my grandmother is in hospice so with the Iron Pigs playing in Philly for a while my life kinda hit the fan right now 

• Sad 4

26 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

That makes me feel better. My cat died unexpectedly today and my grandmother is in hospice so with the Iron Pigs playing in Philly for a while my life kinda hit the fan right now 

Sorry to hear that. Send prayers for you. Hopefully and eventually things get better. On your cat Front, my dog’s cancer came back, so not sure how much time he has left. doing some chemo. But it’s only really a matter of time. And then found out that my parents dog also has cancer. it’s not operable and there’s no chemo. He probably has like a couple weeks. So I feel you on that. Hard losing a pet and knowing it’s close to their time cause they are more than just your pet with the amount of time you spend with them. They really are more like family.  

1 hour ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Its going to be a sad lineup tonight

Going to be a sad lineup for awhile. 

This would be a great time for Castellanos to actually start earning his money. 

6 minutes ago, nipples said:

Going to be a sad lineup for awhile. 

This would be a great time for Castellanos to actually start earning his money. 

Probably a bad time to mention he’s 2 for his last 15. 

24 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Probably a bad time to mention he’s 2 for his last 15. 

I’m aware. Not expecting him to step up (as he flies out to shallow right with a runner on third), but sure could use it over the next few weeks. 

2 minutes ago, John Blutarski said:

Phils offense is dreadful.

I mean they’re missing JT, Harper, Schwarber, and Trea is still running at half his normal speed… not sure what else we should expect. 

They need to make a move sooner than later. 

4 minutes ago, nipples said:

I mean they’re missing JT, Harper, Schwarber, and Trea is still running at half his normal speed… not sure what else we should expect. 

They need to make a move sooner than later. 

I don’t think they’re gonna be great offensively but I dont like the construction of their lineup. Stott is not hitting well enough for him to be a lead off hitter right now. It really should be Turner out of the lead off spot so he can get the most amount of a bats in a game being the leadoff guy. Behind him I probably go Brandon marsh cause he’s hot right now. Then I would go Alec. this is where it goes off the rails because you’re gonna have to use castellanos in your cleanup spot. probably stott behind him and then after it’s a crap show with Clemens/sosa, whit, rojas, Stubbs/marchan

Idk what Merrifield is shaking his head at. That pitch was a strike. And you’re not good enough to sit there and take that pitch when down 0-2 and get the call that you want.

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Sanchez at 92 pitches through 8… does Thomson pull him?

Of course