Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

To bad Nick doesn't get that pissed off at himself when he swings at way worse pitches

He is who he is and it’s way worse 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

Make a move Dave. We aren’t winning crap without the big 3. We’re gonna be in 2nd place real fast 

Playoffs are not a lock if injuries linger

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The good news is only 8 more days til Harper and schwarber are eligible to come off IL

The bad news is they more than likely won’t 

4 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

The bad news is they more than likely won’t 

Tbh not sure they could be any worse with their injuries then the guys who are healthy lol 

Tbh not sure they could be any worse with their injuries then the guys who are healthy lol 

On that subject, the way Turner looks he’s still not healthy. Something is wrong

12 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

On that subject, the way Turner looks he’s still not healthy. Something is wrong

Frankly not likely completely over his injury. I’m guessing he starts looking better later in the season when it gets healthier unless he re-aggravates it. I still think their lineup is set up wrong with guys out. 

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Frankly not likely completely over his injury. I’m guessing he starts looking better later in the season when it gets healthier unless he re-aggravates it. I still think their lineup is set up wrong with guys out. 

I think they are trying to prevent re aggravating it.  I know one of the games he could of easily have scored but, he wasn't running full speed plus they held him up

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I think they are trying to prevent re aggravating it.  I know one of the games he could of easily have scored but, he wasn't running full speed plus they held him up

LA on the radio friday when he scored on the sac fly made it sound like he should have easily scored

43 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

LA on the radio friday when he scored on the sac fly made it sound like he should have easily scored

He’s running stiff as a board and not extending his stride to sprint but more of a Michael Cera jog type when he’s running. He looks goofy and awkward 

8 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

At this point pache just is a waste of a roster spot. 

Yeah. I thought Rojas and Merrifield were terrible but Pache is even worse.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

At this point pache just is a waste of a roster spot. 

Dombrowski needs to make a move for an outfielder. He needs to stop pussyfooting around. The OF talent isn’t good enough. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Oh good maybe thomson will put him in back in LF

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, John Blutarski said:

Yeah. I thought Rojas and Merrifield were terrible but Pache is even worse.

Merrifield has been pretty underwhelming too  better than pache for sure but still not good 

Well we reached our 2 run quota for the day. Will it hold up 

That’ll be all for today. Ranger has come back down to earth too

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

That’ll be all for today. Ranger has come back down to earth too

I think it was unrealistic to think Ranger would throw an under 2 ERA the entire year. He likely was going to have a stretch where he wasn’t as great. Add on he usually winds up missing time every year so if he stays healthy he’s likely going to hit some sort of wall for a 1-2 week period  

The Phillies kryptonite…. Bases loaded… 

also Castellanos hitting zone is ridiculous

IMG_1643.jpeg.f1fe290b87958adeabcffa16ca3cb4c2.jpeg 

11 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

Here we go again. 2 outs RISP can they get a hit?

no absolutely not

And you knew the next inning the marlins would take advantage of the Phillies two innings in a row not taking advantage of bases loaded 

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

And you knew the next inning the marlins would take advantage of the Phillies two innings in a row not taking advantage of bases loaded 

Rinse wash repeat

That’ll probably be it for today. Ranger imploded. He’s also not striking guys out the past couple games and if you can’t strike guys out you are gonna get hit. His lowest strikeouts for any month of the year but had the most starts of any month

Castellanos sucks at fielding and hitting. This team will be lucky if they can win 4 games with Harper and schwarber out. played the worse team in the NL and couldn’t manage to win 2 of 3 without them and struggling to score more than 2 runs.