Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

1 minute ago, Dave Moss said:

5 errors is bad

What’s the most the Phillies have ever had in a game? I imagine more than 5 but it might be from like early 1900s

• Like 1

Not pretty but got the job done.  .500 is fine with the injuries and it doesn't matter who we are playing.  Just win every other game thru to the break.

• Like 1

Suarez hasn't really been the same pitcher post taking that shot to his hand

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Suarez hasn't really been the same pitcher post taking that shot to his hand

This is what I talked about earlier in the game. He’s not striking guys out at nearly the rate he was in previous months. We can say he got hit in the hand, but I also think with Ranger he tends to wear down then seemingly always winds up on the IL every year. We forget because he’s been so good in the postseason. But he’s had like weeks off almost every single year when he gets put on IL and it limits the amount of innings on his arm heading into the postseason 

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

What’s the most the Phillies have ever had in a game? I imagine more than 5 but it might be from like early 1900s

They will get there again with Turner . Sorry that dude makes me nervous every single time the ball goes near him. If he isn't fielding it cleanly he is short hopping the Fn thing. Yes bohm should of had that one but still

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They will get there again with Turner . Sorry that dude makes me nervous every single time the ball goes near him. If he isn't fielding it cleanly he is short hopping the Fn thing. Yes bohm should of had that one but still

Frankly he probably should be moved to second but Stott isn’t good enough at SS to justify it either. They have the 18 year old kid caba who’s really good and probably 2-3 years away. he is likely dealt away cause he’s blocked but if Stott doesn’t get back to 2023 version over the next couple years i wonder if they start thinking about moving Turner to 2nd and going with caba

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

Reading this thread you would think this team is like 30-60

I know, right ? Whats up with these guys

Power of positivity on this thread m is the reason they came back and won today 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Westonfest!

I’m doubting he does anything at the mlb level but at this point I’m over whit and pache. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m doubting he does anything at the mlb level but at this point I’m over whit and pache. 

Can't get that much worse, at least Wilson has power

12 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Frankly he probably should be moved to second but Stott isn’t good enough at SS to justify it either. They have the 18 year old kid caba who’s really good and probably 2-3 years away. he is likely dealt away cause he’s blocked but if Stott doesn’t get back to 2023 version over the next couple years i wonder if they start thinking about moving Turner to 2nd and going with caba

Here’s a thought… why can’t he play in the outfield? Move him to left, make Sosa starting SS. Improves the infield defense and the offense (once Schwarber and Harper are back). 

5 hours ago, nipples said:

Here’s a thought… why can’t he play in the outfield? Move him to left, make Sosa starting SS. Improves the infield defense and the offense (once Schwarber and Harper are back). 

this solution of just putting him in the outfield when he has a hamstring issue that he’s clearly not fully recovered (as you can tell when he is running) from is frankly risking him to re-injuring his hammy. He has way more ground to cover in the outfield. Also asking him to play a position that he really hadn’t played since his rookie season in 2016 (and he played CF if I’m not mistaken not left field so there’s an adjustment). Also everybody’s solution to Rhy’s ineptitude at first base was to move him into left field. How did that turn out?  he was worse in the outfield. So just moving him out to outfield when he hasn’t played the position in years, dealing with a hamstring that isn’t fully healed and expecting him to just be good is great in theory until he goes there and he has to adjust to the position while also dealing with a not fully healthy hamstring.

also, Edmundo Sosa was great in May. However, he was not great in June. He hit .219/.265/.562. If you wanna make it even worse, go look at what he’s done the last 2 weeks of games. He was .209/.261/.563 over his last 14 games. I like Edmundo Sosa as a bench player. The more Edmundo Sosa is going to play the more he’s going to revert back to the mean. His may is not who he's been for his career. The more he plays, the more he’s going to come back closer to his career numbers. He is not good enough to have to start him 5-7 times every week. The benefit of Sosa is he can come in late into a game and be a good defensive replacement. Add on he could play twice maybe even 3 times a week and be productive. When you have to start playing six games a week you start seeing what happened June. Because that’s more of who he is he is. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He's making an unwanted advance on me with that creepy picture! 

• Haha 1