Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. Bums. Who even loses at home???

Captain F

Love wheeler but his control is not consistently there tonight. He’s limited the cubs but he's left meatballs in the middle of the plate a few times and fortunate cubs didn’t do more damage. And other times he just completely missing his spots. Bellinger continuing this inning is cause wheeler left it right in the middle of the plate. Which likely takes any chance wheeler goes beyond 6 innings 

29 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Love wheeler but his control is not consistently there tonight. He’s limited the cubs but he's left meatballs in the middle of the plate a few times and fortunate cubs didn’t do more damage. And other times he just completely missing his spots. Bellinger continuing this inning is cause wheeler left it right in the middle of the plate. Which likely takes any chance wheeler goes beyond 6 innings 

He is really laboring through many games this year

Strahm has been very hittable lately. Phillies are also lucky bellinger hasn’t tattooed a ball yet with where some of their pitches have been located 

3 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Strahm has sure sucked lately

I’d add the Phillies have had issues getting the 3rd out in innings with the bullpen lately. Lots of 2 out rallies. Happened in the marlins series and tonight. 

39 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Me to whit

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Why isn’t marsh pinch hitting for whit against a RHP? 

Alright reverse jinx

again why is pache batting and marsh is on the bench vs. RHP and a chance to make the lead 3 runs? 

Thank god for Rojas having the speed he does.

alright won the series. If the cubs keep sinking bellinger, happ might be available 

1 hour ago, Blazehound said:

That’s why Rojas is needed on the roster. He easily saved a run there with his defense and speed. 

He should really always be a defensive replacement after the 7th inning if we are winning. Another reason why I want Cody Bellinger is not only because he’s a good hitter and good chemistry guy, he’s a gold glove outfielder. So you’re not just getting a bat but you’re getting a good field outfielder. So realistically in the playoffs, you could take out Casty and put in Bellinger, Marsh and Rojas. So if you’re ahead in the last two innings of the game, you have a chance to be really good defensively 

15 hours ago, Blazehound said:

If they can win 5 or 6 out of the next 11 before the all-star break, they’ll be fine in the division with the injured guys coming back after the break. They should be able to maintain a 6.5-7.5 game lead in the division heading into the break. 

If they only win 5 or 6 of the next 11 I will be disappointed.  Both the Dodgers and Braves series are at CBP and 4-2 or better is not unreasonable to expect … plus 4-1 against the Cubs and A’s.  So 8-3 out of the 11.

11 minutes ago, mattwill said:

If they only win 5 or 6 of the next 11 I will be disappointed.  Both the Dodgers and Braves series are at CBP and 4-2 or better is not unreasonable to expect … plus 4-1 against the Cubs and A’s.  So 8-3 out of the 11.

Braves series is in Atlanta. 

3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Whoa whoa whoa. Let’s calm down it was one hit

He's going to need to find something positive if he is to turn it around.  Better that than just saying "yeah, I'll never get another hit".

3 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

He's going to need to find something positive if he is to turn it around.  Better that than just saying "yeah, I'll never get another hit".

Oh i get why he has to say it. but when you are 1 for 13 prior to that at bat and you have struck out 4 out of your last 6 at bats prior i really don’t think you can be like my at bats have been getting better. It’s one thing if he’s hitting the ball hard and it’s unfortunate luck where it gets caught or defender makes an amazing play. That is not what was happening prior to that at bat.  I’d argue his strikeout in his at bat in the 6th prior to his 8th inning hit was an awful at bat as he struck out on 3 pitches 

14 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Oh i get why he has to say it. but when you are 1 for 13 prior to that at bat and you have struck out 4 out of your last 6 at bats prior i really don’t think you can be like my at bats have been getting better. It’s one thing if he’s hitting the ball hard and it’s unfortunate luck where it gets caught or defender makes an amazing play. That is not what was happening prior to that at bat.  I’d argue his strikeout in his at bat in the 6th prior to his 8th inning hit was an awful at bat as he struck out on 3 pitches 

Ok. To be fair he was careful to say "feel” twice and made a distinction between that and "results”.

In any case, let’s hope he improves. It would really help if he can get a hit here and there.