EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season thru Week 9 - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 44k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Shouldn't we want Dallas to win this one though?

Not me. 

Division first. 

F Dallas!

As much as we love to rag on Dallas' short comings, we haven't had the best of success against them consistently for a long time.

F Dallas!

I don't want Dallas gaining the type of confidence that a win over San Fran could get them. 

F Dallas!

Pulling for Dallas makes me feel dirty.

F Dallas!

Dallas sucks!

F Dallas!

23 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

What about Davis, didn't notice him much today 

He annihilated Kyren on one play, almost took his head off.

There were a few situations I would have expected him to be out there, but they lined BG on the inside. I don’t know if it’s a snap count thing, but I’d like to see more Davis.

I think HFA is much a bigger deal vs Dallas than SF. Eagles never play well @ Dallas but I’m not afraid of going on the road to fair weather California to play the Niners in the playoffs where it would be 40% Eagles fans.

10 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

If somehow, Howie can go get Surtain, we become a f'in juggernaut team

I just can't see Howie giving up the 1st. We need that rookie contract for hopefully a quality and discounted player. Surtain only has 1 year left on his rookie deal, they could pick up the 5th year option but that will easily be over 10 mil.
Surtain would be on the outside so Bradberry or Slay has to move inside, I would guess Bradberry but not sure if they really liked him there and we just got Roby for the slot. You're not trading either one of them. The thought of him on the outside is nice and all but I just am not seeing how this would be feasible or realistic, unfortunately.

10 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Either way we come out ahead.

I thought you said, "Either way we all get head,” and I was about to get really invested in the game.

Now, I’m just meh.

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

I think HFA is much a bigger deal vs Dallas than SF. Eagles never play well @ Dallas but I’m not afraid of going on the road to fair weather California to play the Niners in the playoffs where it would be 40% Eagles fans.

Yup. We haven't won there since 2017.

35 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

hopefully by then Steen is ready to replace Opeta. Opeta is a backup.

The’ll draft another Olineman next year in the first 2 rounds 

Just now, Diehardfan said:

Watching this game makes me sick the Eagles don't have a better DC.

I am envious of that Dallas defense and the coordinator. 

1 hour ago, ToastJenkins said:

Meh

a loss is just one game. Our pass rush might kill tua

I mean, yeah, it’s just one game. But it could get out of control with our (lack of) coverage vs their speed.

58 minutes ago, mattwill said:

This week's winning prediction was a tie between@Mike030270 with a score of 23-20 and @Texas Eagle with a score of 30-13.  So for the first time the tiebreaker prediction comes into play.  Mike predicted no tiebreaker, while @Texas predicted "Stafford sacked 5+ times"  Stafford was sacked 4 times, so Mike and Texas share the win.

NOTE:   @Original Sinalso was within 6 points of the total score, but his 26-17 prediction loses to Mike's Texas' due to his incorrect prediction of both the Eagles' and Rams' scores.

So form the first five games the chicken dinner has gone to:
@Alphagrand in Week One
@Iggles25 and @bbabraham in Week Two
@Cliftoma in Week Three
@Casey @ Bat in Week Four, and
@Mike030270 and @Texas Eagle in Week Five

The Bonus pick results this week had the following winners:
@just relax with "Carter gets two sacks"
@Dwide Schrude  with "Goedert has his first big game of the season "
@pgcd3 with "Goedert over 50yds and a TD"
@jamiller with "Goedert gets a score"
@bbabraham with "Goedert has his best receiving game of the season so far"
@Ace Nova with "Goedert scores a TD"
@TEW with "Dallas Goedert with a TD catch"
@Cliftoma with "Goedert TD catch"
@Outlaw with "Goedert’s first TD "
@Han Solo with "Goedert scores a TD"
@Swoop with "Puka and Kupp combine for at least 200 yards"
@WentzFan11 with "Carter gets 2 sacks"

@Iggles_Phan gets an Honorable Mention with "Opeta shuts down Aaron Donald, who gets 0 sacks and is barely mentioned on the broadcast"  Opeta did his part but the broadcasters couldn't shut up about Donald

Thanks for doing this man. It’s fun and I know it’s time consuming on your end.

If Purdy doesn’t get freak RAC plays from his guys, then he looks pretty ordinary.

Just now, Know Life said:

Told you.

Well then you have a blank check coming your way 

Rooting against Dallas is a reflection of a lack of confidence in our Eagles.

Dallas is a very good, but lesser team.  They have a schedule with similar difficulty to ours.  We get 2 chances to take care of business against them.  If you think our hold on the division is so weak that we need external help to beat them, then you really don’t think much of the Eagles.

Meanwhile, SF is the non Philly class of the conference and has a cupcake schedule, which makes it VERY hard for any team with our schedule to keep up with them.  We should be rooting for them to take an L at every opportunity.

Just now, Parrot Head said:

If Purdy doesn’t get freak RAC plays from his guys, then he looks pretty ordinary.

He’s good for what shanahan wants. Get the ball out to his playmakers let them make plays with RAC and don’t turn it over. 

Just now, eagle45 said:

Rooting against Dallas is a reflection of a lack of confidence in our Eagles.

Dallas is a very good, but lesser team.  They have a schedule with similar difficulty to ours.  We get 2 chances to take care of business against them.  If you think our hold on the division is so weak that we need external help to beat them, then you really don’t think much of the Eagles.

Meanwhile, SF is the non Philly class of the conference and has a cupcake schedule, which makes it VERY hard for any team with our schedule to keep up with them.  We should be rooting for them to take an L at every opportunity.

I’m cheering for both teams to lose. 

Archived