EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season thru Week 9 - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

That fumble was touched by an out of bounds player, so it should be Dallas ball.

Still, my god is Fred Warner amazing. 

• Replies 44k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RLC said:

That fumble was touched by an out of bounds player, so it should be Dallas ball.

Still, my god is Fred Warner amazing. 

Doubt they overturn it. What a bounce that was.

How is that dude not recoving that out of bounds.

I have no idea what considers possession anymore especially compare that to WR catches 

7 minutes ago, TEW said:

I mean, yeah, it’s just one game. But it could get out of control with our (lack of) coverage vs their speed.

I am playing quarters against them all day

FYI…Dean has now missed 4 weeks and is eligible to return.  Who knows how long it’ll take for him to be ready (we won’t get a heads up)…but it could theoretically be any time between this week and January.

Some of the luster has worn off Morrow and Cunningham.  We could use the addition.

10 minutes ago, Casey @ Bat said:

The’ll draft another Olineman next year in the first 2 rounds 

Agreed, but it will likely be an OT.

There are a bunch of good, high upside prospects.

The issue I see is that most of them probably aren’t good candidates for RG. They are mostly tall, long, athletic types who will be excellent edge pass blockers but might not have the low center of gravity to dominate at RG. Plus, you want that guy to be able to step in as a backup OT without needing to reshuffle the OL.

Steen should be a good RG. Prototypical size and athleticism. If he had longer arms he’d be a blue chip OT prospect.

1 minute ago, ToastJenkins said:

I am playing quarters against them all day

Agreed… but that’s why Achane averages over 10 yards per touch. That dude is absolutely lethal in space. He obliterates angles with his speed and elusiveness, and has the contact balance to break tackles.

Loved him as a prospect.

2 minutes ago, TEW said:

The issue I see is that most of them probably aren’t good candidates for RG. They are mostly tall, long, athletic types who will be excellent edge pass blockers but might not have the low center of gravity to dominate at RG. Plus, you want that guy to be able to step in as a backup OT without needing to reshuffle the OL.

Steen should be a good RG. Prototypical size and athleticism. If he had longer arms he’d be a blue chip OT prospect.

Zak Zinter will be an elite RG

17 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Doubt they overturn it. What a bounce that was.

I just had a short conversation with my wife on how a football does weird things because it's not round like every other ball...and then that happened to reinforce my point.

4 minutes ago, TEW said:

Not sure what to make of OT.  I thought they needed to draft Lane’s replacement 2 years ago.  If the right guy is there, then it may be time to pull the trigger.  But, IMO, they need sweeping additions in the secondary.  I’m not confident in anything at all there for 2024.

A reliable WR3 would be nice…but I wonder if that’s an opportunity for an interesting 2nd chance vet.  Might get a faster contribution.

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Not sure what to make of OT.  I thought they needed to draft Lane’s replacement 2 years ago.  If the right guy is there, then it may be time to pull the trigger.  But, IMO, they need sweeping additions in the secondary.  I’m not confident in anything at all there for 2024.

A reliable WR3 would be nice…but I wonder if that’s an opportunity for an interesting 2nd chance vet.  Might get a faster contribution.

Rogers could take a starting role

Watching this game it's obvious SF is the biggest threat.  Need them to take an L tonight or at some point aside from against us.

17 minutes ago, TEW said:

Thanks for doing this man. It’s fun and I know it’s time consuming on your end.

It is fun for me too, and Excel does most of the work.

Just now, Arsenal79 said:

Watching this game it's obvious SF is the biggest threat.  Need them to take an L tonight or at some point aside from against us.

SF is a regrettable combination of a juggernaut team and an absolute powder puff schedule. 

Archived