EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season thru Week 9 - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 44k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, D-Shiznit said:

NFC is a two team race.

F SanFran

Lions are 4-1 and looking better every week. I wouldn’t be surprised if they could beat SF in the playoffs

Dallas is a one dimensional team. If their defense is lights out, they’re fine. If they need Dak to carry them when they’re not lights out, it’s trouble. He’s always a pumpkin against SF. 

SF is playing great right now…we’ll see if they can maintain it for an entire season.

Most teams can’t.

Super Bowl era coaches ranked by winning percentage.

image.png.025c9e665544c2f5f421961b0f0df551.png

2 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Same play Detroit ran to LaPorta for a TD.

Was just gonna say this, "I bet next week people copy that play”

didn’t last an afternoon

14 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

FYI…Dean has now missed 4 weeks and is eligible to return.  Who knows how long it’ll take for him to be ready (we won’t get a heads up)…but it could theoretically be any time between this week and January.

Some of the luster has worn off Morrow and Cunningham.  We could use the addition.

those guys are most likely going to prove to be better against the run. Dean should be an improvement for the pass D, and hopefully play the run well enough.

3 minutes ago, Parrot Head said:

SF is playing great right now…we’ll see if they can maintain it for an entire season.

Most teams can’t.

Probably not.  Dallas never scared me with their fast start.  But 5 weeks in, SF scares me.  

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He sucks. I'll fight anyone and everyone about it. He SUCKS. He SUCKS. HE sucks.

Just now, eagle45 said:

Probably not.  Dallas never scared me with their fast start.  But 5 weeks in, SF scares me.  

everyone was scared of SF last year too. SF never stood a chance against us. 

SF is a team playing at their peak. I already like our chances against them but we have a long way to improve. They again wont be in our class by the end of the year.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

everyone was scared of SF last year too. SF never stood a chance against us. 

SF is a team playing at their peak. I already like our chances against them but we have a long way to improve. They again wont be in our class by the end of the year.

We need home field advantage.  I want no part of going into SF in the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, Parrot Head said:

Most teams can’t.

The Eagles are a good team, but it's hard to say they are on the same level with the 49ers based on their coordinators and the Eagles having massive holes in the secondary. They desperately need Howie to make a move for a Nickle/S. Honestly, he also needs a WR because Wallace is a liability. He doesn't need to get a game changing player, but someone who can reliably move the chains as a possession WR.

There isn't much that can be done at this point with their DC, but if Howie makes two moves they will be in a MUCH better position. Chinn from the Panthers would be a good first step. I'm not sure who would be on the WR market, but it shouldn't be hard to find someone better than Wallace.

I thought in the first two playoff games last year that Hurts was really favoring his shoulder. We didn't test the Giants or 49ers much vertically other than pre-designed shot plays. SF's weakest unit is the secondary. Has to be bombs away and hope we connect.

3 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

We need home field advantage.  I want no part of going into SF in the playoffs.

Why? You hear how loud it was when the Cowboys scored 

SF had all 11 guys within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage on that TD…they deserved that play

1 minute ago, RLC said:

I thought in the first two playoff games last year that Hurts was really favoring his shoulder. We didn't test the Giants or 49ers much vertically other than pre-designed shot plays. SF's weakest unit is the secondary. Has to be bombs away and hope we connect.

He threw a beautiful ball to AJ that he dropped on the sidelines today 

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

Flying across the country to play is never an ideal situation

We need to clean up the red zone issues. It seems like we’re way too content hoping to get into tush push range and giving up potential points with third and long runs. 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

there are no sports fans in california to be feared. people are so scared of SF. Its weird. 

Archived