EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season thru Week 9 - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

The Dak Prescott and Cowboys attempt at the Eagles end of first half drive is probably going to end in a turnover.

• Replies 44k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, TEW said:

WR… I think we can get a guy in the 3rd-5th rounds that would be an immediate upgrade. Lots of good ones this draft, and all different types.

I’d kick the tires on someone like Mecole Hardman in FA.  Maybe someone like Hollywood Brown or Paris Campbell.

All are shifty yac guys underneath who might be able to get downfield too.  All are sucked into the vortex of bad offenses right now and would come on a cheap 1 year deal to compete.  Brown might get a real deal from someone…but he might not.

Doesnt preclude you from drafting a similar guy rounds 3-5, but might get an immediate boost.

2 minutes ago, RLC said:

I remain unimpressed with Brock Purdy. When everything is perfect around him, it's clinical. But if one thing goes wrong...

The only game the dude’s ever lost was when he got knocked out of the game very early against us.  The lowest qb rating he’s ever had in a game was his first start, 88.8.  I’m not sure what else one can expect from him or how he can be criticized that he’s not good when things go wrong.  

4 minutes ago, RLC said:

I remain unimpressed with Brock Purdy. When everything is perfect around him, it's clinical. But if one thing goes wrong...

He has a noodle arm

4 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Not even new news - DAL couldn’t handle Josh Dobbs.

It's really amusing because every time Dallas beats someone big that team is proven to just be trash afterwards. Like, people were making a big deal that they beat the Pats big but then the Saints smashed them this week who aren't even that good.

25 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

The DC who shut out the Rams in the 2nd half and held them to 14pts?

Yep. I don't trust him to shut down better offenses like the 49ers or Chiefs. He isn't on the level of what we are watching tonight. 

I’m surprised that Collinsworth didn’t mention what Greenlaw didn’t do at the start of that play….move.

He literally didn’t move for the first second after the snap.  Just sat and read Dak.  Feet didn’t even shift or tap.  When Dak left the pocket, he instantly closed.

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

The only game the dude’s ever lost was when he got knocked out of the game very early against us.  The lowest qb rating he’s ever had in a game was his first start, 88.8.  I’m not sure what else one can expect from him or how he can be criticized that he’s not good when things go wrong.  

And that's fair.

He's obviously been successful, but a lot of it is scheme/personnel. He'll hit the wide open plays, but rarely hits the super-tight contested windows. I wouldn't trust him in a big playoff game. 

24 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

It's a cowardly excuse if playing for a chance to go to the SB

Still not ideal to go on the road esp flying across the country 

1 minute ago, KINGnabb said:

It seems the Boys do not match up all that well with San Fran.  

The only teams that they've beaten so far this year are the Giants, Jets and Pats. They're still frauds as far as I'm concerned until they beat someone worthwhile.

Dak had Brandin Cooks isolated against Fred Warner on a go route in the middle of the field …. and couldn’t hit the field of play with the throw.  Then the Turds decide to abort their final drive of the first half and walk off the field, down 21-7.

Yikes 

28 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I hope Swift holds up because he’s such an upgrade over Sanders. There was not a lot of space for him today, but he maximized it. It was also good to make better use of him as a receiver. 

a billion percent better. At everything.  He catches light years better. He gets the extra yards better. He has better oompf on impact.  He seems to find the space he needs.  I am not sure on blocking though as I havent paid enough attention.  

7 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

So far. He is good. There is no argument whatsoever.  Message board drivel be damned.  

6 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I’d kick the tires on someone like Mecole Hardman in FA.  Maybe someone like Hollywood Brown or Paris Campbell.

All are shifty yac guys underneath who might be able to get downfield too.  All are sucked into the vortex of bad offenses right now and would come on a cheap 1 year deal to compete.  Brown might get a real deal from someone…but he might not.

Doesnt preclude you from drafting a similar guy rounds 3-5, but might get an immediate boost.

You’re so obsessed with speed. I’d prefer someone who is a reliable route runner and can actually catch. 

6 minutes ago, bitbased said:

It's really amusing because every time Dallas beats someone big that team is proven to just be trash afterwards. Like, people were making a big deal that they beat the Pats big but then the Saints smashed them this week who aren't even that good.

I think they are designed to beat up on mid teams.

13 minutes ago, RLC said:

Best way to build a team. Cheap QB you can invest everywhere. Just need someone to keep it simple, make the right decision, and keep the ball safe. With all those weapons and a great defense he’s perfect for like $800k lmao. 

Could be the Giants paying Daniel Jones lmao. 

1 minute ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

You’re so obsessed with speed. I’d prefer someone who is a reliable route runner and can actually catch. 

That speed looks pretty awesome in Miami.

2 minutes ago, jamiller said:

a billion percent better. At everything.  He catches light years better. He gets the extra yards better. He has better oompf on impact.  He seems to find the space he needs.  I am not sure on blocking though as I havent paid enough attention.  

He also was smart enough to go down in bounds while we were eating clock. Sanders was brain dead in those situations. 

I can’t believe i didn’t see this earlier 

Archived