EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season thru Week 9 - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

That speed looks pretty awesome in Miami.

Tyreek Hill is a top 5 WR of all time

• Replies 44k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ManuManu said:

He also was smart enough to go down in bounds while we were eating clock. Sanders was brain dead in those situations. 

yes. FOR SURE he has screwed that up before. I can't recall the game but it is last 2 years for sure.

--

Off topic, what in the hell was Hurts doing on that loooooong scramble and he takes the sack.  I mean dude 2nd and 8 becomes 2nd and 18. Throw it AWAY.

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Too bad it vanished on the road in Buffalo 

3 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Braxton Barrios had their only WR TD last week when they got routed by the Bills. He had the most receptions and had 15 yards less than Reek, and 3 less than Waddle. 

AJ and Smitty are all the threats you need anywhere on the field. I’d like a reliable target who can be shifty and make himself open in tight, tough spots. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I can’t believe i didn’t see this earlier 

Also makes me think of the Seinfeld clip with George saying why not me 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

It’s absolutely wild to me that this is acceptable, even in a sport as violent as football. 

Punching facemasks hurts - but yeah they are throwing haymakers out there.

4 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Too bad it vanished on the road in Buffalo 

3 minutes ago, GoEagles614 said:

Braxton Barrios had their only WR TD last week when they got routed by the Bills. He had the most receptions and had 15 yards less than Reek, and 3 less than Waddle. 

AJ and Smitty are all the threats you need anywhere on the field. I’d like a reliable target who can be shifty and make himself open in tight, tough spots. 

I don't think one road loss in Buffalo nullifies what they are doing on offense with the Dolphins.

7 minutes ago, jamiller said:

a billion percent better. At everything.  He catches light years better. He gets the extra yards better. He has better oompf on impact.  He seems to find the space he needs.  I am not sure on blocking though as I havent paid enough attention.  

Here is what concerns me although its sorta water under the bridge...why the F could this coaching think rolling with Gainwell was preferable at the start of the season?

Gainwell is wholly unimpressive. Further, Penny seems to be from his time in Seattle a good type of back to complement Swift.

Penny came here to rejuvenate his career and they won't even play him.

Just now, EaglePhan1986 said:

Agholor would be an upgrade over Watkins and he dropped a TD today 

Should’ve kept Mack hollins 

19 minutes ago, justwinbaby said:

Purdy's face really throws me off. He looks way more like a punter than a QB. A punter or the ballboy in tennis 

He is a Parcells-criteria QB.  Malcolm Gladwell agrees.

Remember when everyone was scared of the girls? They suck. 

Oh and F Hargrave. 

I sound like a broken record but these interviews during the game are so stupid.  

Interviewer: "Mike what do you need to do to get the run game going?"

Mike McCarthy: "Blah, blah, blah we need to block better and get the attempts up and get a balance on offense."

Brilliant insight there.  Nobody cares.

9 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Tyreek Hill is a top 5 WR of all time

Nah

Not sure why DAL is running to the edges, pursuit is what the SF linebackers want to do.

8 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

It’s absolutely wild to me that this is acceptable, even in a sport as violent as football. 

To be fair, he went to punch the ball out but KO'd him since he dropped the pass lol

23 minutes ago, RLC said:

I remain unimpressed with Brock Purdy. When everything is perfect around him, it's clinical. But if one thing goes wrong...

Yup, Brock Purdy is really good at making really easy throws look easy, which is good because some QBs make the easy ones look hard.

McNabb had a ton of arm talent and he could make some amazing throws and then throw a 5 yard pass in the dirt.

Having said that shanahan has a very QB friendly offense which begs the question why don't all teams have QB friendly offense.🤔

6 minutes ago, mattwill said:

He is a Parcells-criteria QB.  Malcolm Gladwell agrees.

Can you explain what this means so I know which emoji to react with 

5 minutes ago, DevilMayRage said:

Here is what concerns me although its sorta water under the bridge...why the F could this coaching think rolling with Gainwell was preferable at the start of the season?

Gainwell is wholly unimpressive. Further, Penny seems to be from his time in Seattle a good type of back to complement Swift.

Penny came here to rejuvenate his career and they won't even play him.

The first issue was perhaps more waiting for an opportunity (and with RBs there always seems to be one).

Penny is a head scratcher for NO action.  Gainwell, I kinda understand. He does seem to get the extra yards and find a way to squeeze through. Especially middle runs where I just figure you want the bigger back to hit. And yet he does it pretty well.  

Archived