EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season thru Week 9 - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 44k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I don't think one road loss in Buffalo nullifies what they are doing on offense with the Dolphins.

Ijs speed isn’t everything. We have two very explosive WRs, having someone consistent and reliable, shifty, or a good YAC guy would fit better imo. Give me Paschal back at slot. 

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

Dallas Defense is hilariously overrated.

And Micah Parsons is a one trick pony.

That offense is insane. Best in the league by a lot. 

8 minutes ago, Casey @ Bat said:

Nah

Megatron, Moss, Rice. Those are the only 3 I’d take over Hill. Yes I’d take Hill over TO 

14 minutes ago, DevilMayRage said:

Here is what concerns me although its sorta water under the bridge...why the F could this coaching think rolling with Gainwell was preferable at the start of the season?

Gainwell is wholly unimpressive. Further, Penny seems to be from his time in Seattle a good type of back to complement Swift.

Penny came here to rejuvenate his career and they won't even play him.

Gainwell is a good #2. He got 7 carries let not act like he dominated the carries 

They might need to flex another game into SNF next week. I don't think anyone wants to watch the Giants get destroyed by Buffalo.

5 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Dallas Defense is hilariously overrated.

And Micah Parsons is a one trick pony.

I don't know that they are. The 49ers are stacked with weapons.

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

Why the F do the Giants have so many prime-time games???

Everyone wants to see Daniel jones… 

Collinsworth saying I never seen anything like Perdy

Dude was alive for 6th round pick Tom Brady 

4 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Why the F do the Giants have so many prime-time games???

People were creaming themselves over coach of the year Daboll and Daniel Jones "turning the corner." Even though anyone with half a brain knew they weren't anything special lol

42 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I’d kick the tires on someone like Mecole Hardman in FA.  Maybe someone like Hollywood Brown or Paris Campbell.

All are shifty yac guys underneath who might be able to get downfield too.  All are sucked into the vortex of bad offenses right now and would come on a cheap 1 year deal to compete.  Brown might get a real deal from someone…but he might not.

Doesnt preclude you from drafting a similar guy rounds 3-5, but might get an immediate boost.

I don’t think Hardman is an upgrade over Quez. Hollywood Brown is having a pretty good season so far, I think he’ll be too expensive.

I get your point, but I think any vet free agent in our price range is a JAG.

If we want some impact it’s going to have to be a draft pick IMO.

7 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Megatron, Moss, Rice. Those are the only 3 I’d take over Hill. Yes I’d take Hill over TO 

Give me

T.O

Julio Jones

Larry Fitzgerald

Marvin Harrison

Andre Johnson

Justin Jefferson

Reggie Wayne

Pittsburgh Antonio Brown

Devante Adams

Isaac Bruce 

This 9ers team is really good, but I think we can get more pressure up front and do a better job of shutting down the run.

If we want to win we HAVE to play with a lead though. Score quickly, then long run heavy scoring drives to force them to be one dimensional. 

Re the tush push:

When they pulled it back to pass on the tush push against Washington, I thought they foolishly pulled back the curtain on a potentially game-changing surprise that could be unleashed in a playoff game.  But that was a short-sighted impression.  It’s better that they do that now…the next iteration of the tush push should be the TPO.  The Tush Push Option.

Rather than the one time surprise of pulling it back, that should be a defensive concern for every tush push.  There is a tremendous opportunity with that play to pull back and loft one over the defense.  That may not make sense when it’s 3rd and goal from the 1 and a TD is nearly automatic…but it sure as hell does when it’s 3rd or 4th and 1 on the 50.

Archived