EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season thru Week 9 - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 44k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Diehardfan said:

Well, they aren't a physical team. I still think that defense is good and the 49ers romping them like this is concerning with the Eagles having issue in their secondary and needing another WR.

I think we match up better with the Niners since we can win in the trenches. The Cowboys are just getting abused there.

3 minutes ago, mattwill said:

Are you familiar with Bill Parcells?
If yes, are you familiar with the criteria he set forward regarding QB draftees?

Yes on Parcells but no on criteria 

1 minute ago, bitbased said:

I think we match up better with the Niners since we can win in the trenches. The Cowboys are just getting abused there.

Their weapons will shred the secondary the way it is now. They have 4 Kupp level players. We agree the Eagles will run it and stop the run.

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Dallas isn’t terrible.  They are a good team.  Their offense has very evenly distributed talent despite no dominant superstars.  The defense also has evenly distributed talent built around one true elite guy in Parsons.  Put it all together and thats a team that goes to the playoffs and should win a wild card game.  That’s what they have been, are now, and probably will continue to be for the next year or 2.  

Too many people either try to inflate them or are obsessed with hating them to acknowledge their very steady reality.  

F the cowboys 

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

They have officially peaked.  This is as good as they get.  Granted, this might be enough to win a SB.  But still, they’ll have to keep this up.  

There in lies the problem for the Whiners, it's not sustainable. 

6 minutes ago, Casey @ Bat said:

Harrison, Fitzgerald, Cris Carter, etc… 

He’s got quite a ways to go to make Top 5 all time. Great player … sure.

I disagree. Hill is already top 5 WR of all time. He can put up all the phenomenal numbers possible but people will still not consider him great because he isn’t 6’1. 

I think Steve Smith was a better player than Harrison and Carter 

IMO, the entire NFL is a 5 horse race.

1. Chiefs
2. SF
3. Eagles
4. Miami
5. Bills

Detroit/Dallas/Cincinnati/Jacksonville/Cleveland…good teams, but not going to Vegas.

I just love how violent he is. I hope it rubs off on the rest of the team. Once Sydney Brown and Nolan Smith are in there, this defense is going to have a physical presence they haven't had since Trotter, Dawk and Hugh.

1 minute ago, justwinbaby said:

Yes on Parcells but no on criteria 

Lots of game experience, winning record, good accuracy, good TD:INT ratio, etc. Stetson Bennett.

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

1. Chiefs
2. SF
3. Eagles
4. Miami
5. Bills

Detroit/Dallas/Cincinnati/Jacksonville/Cleveland…good teams, but not going to Vegas.

I know they've been winning but i don't see KC as a SB team right now.

If they can add a really good WR that changes everything. 

Corey Simon had a very impressive 9.5 sacks as a rookie for the Eagles (it was also probably the best year of his career).  Would be nice to see Carter top that.

3 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

1. Chiefs
2. SF
3. Eagles
4. Miami
5. Bills

Chiefs don't deserve to be #1 right now.  49ers are easily the beat twam in the league and then it's just a question of the Eagles or Dolphins at 2.

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I just love how violent he is. I hope it rubs off on the rest of the team. Once Sydney Brown and Nolan Smith are in there, this defense is going to have a physical presence they haven't had since Trotter, Dawk and Hugh.

I didn't hear Smith's bame called once today 

7 minutes ago, bitbased said:

Their OL is on life support 

Just now, Diehardfan said:

I didn't hear Smith's bame called once today 

nope but we don't need to yet if Reddick continues what he's been doing the last 2 weeks. I'm OK playing the waiting game with Smith. I think he has special traits too.

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

1. Chiefs
2. SF
3. Eagles
4. Miami
5. Bills

Bengals will be in it at the end

Just now, 315Eagles said:

I know they've been winning but i don't see KC as a SB team right now.

If they can add a really good WR that changes everything. 

That nucleus with Mahomes has 2 SBs…ironically, the Eagles just beat the only other active team/QB nucleus in the NFL that even has a SB title.  Mahomes scoring at will to come out on top of a playoff game feels like an inevitability.  Until they are eliminated from the playoffs, I just cant see them as anything other than #1.

Styles make fights.  DAL should have been fired up to get on the field against the team that’s ended their season two years in a row.  They’ve been abused in this game again, from the opening series.  They just don’t match up well against SF — similar to how the Packers never matched up well against the Niners a few years ago.  Both teams let the Niners beat them up and push them around.

The Eagles do match up well with SF.  They dominate them in the trenches and hold a nascar race to their QBs.  Their OL shuts down Bosa and doesn’t allow Warner and Greenlaw to roam free.

Archived