EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season thru Week 9 - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Hear me out. While it would be a disservice to Fletcher Cox, could he be used in a trade? I don't think the DL took a step back without him yesterday. He's been playing fantastic this year, but there's so much youth behind him that just needs to be on the field. I'd love to see the Eagles veterans all retire as Eagles together but if he can bring back a player or draft pick that would help this team, you have to consider. 

Speaking of veterans, BG absolutely destroyed the Rams Center on that one play and while Olson mentioned it, we never got a good replay of it.

Although it makes sense from an individual asset management perspective, I wouldn't want to see it happen because of the chemistry that the D-Line has clearly developed.  Fletch has been an important component of that chemistry, and appears to be a significant help to the younger players.

• Replies 44k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, mattwill said:

Here are the Snap Counts from the Rams game

Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 3.29.56 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 3.33.34 AM.png

I know he had the concussion, but what did Boston Scott do to Brian Johnson? We heard all summer about this 3 headed monster at RB. He went 5-40 against the Vikings before his concussion and now he can't sniff the field. Gainwell had the nice 1st down reception and maybe 1 run longer than 2 yards but I just don't understand their insistence to use him as to grind the clock down. 

8 hours ago, eagle45 said:

That nucleus with Mahomes has 2 SBs…ironically, the Eagles just beat the only other active team/QB nucleus in the NFL that even has a SB title.  Mahomes scoring at will to come out on top of a playoff game feels like an inevitability.  Until they are eliminated from the playoffs, I just cant see them as anything other than #1.

I agree…plus I can’t see the trade deadline passing without them adding another piece for Mahomes.  It doesn’t even have to be a big name for Andy to make it work a lot better than it is

Surprised Carter played that much bc it didnt feel like much production, but admittedly i was in and out with grilling

be curious what all22 shows for him

We need quality CB help in a trade....and the Rams were abusing our LB's in coverage, not sure if the return of Dean helps that.

When your defense only plays 56 snaps, you're doing something right. 5-0 is 5-0.

At the same time, need to start rooting for some Lions losses. They're 4-1 with an easy schedule.

5 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Surprised Carter played that much bc it didnt feel like much production, but admittedly i was in and out with grilling

be curious what all22 shows for him

Carter had 2 sacks and 4 tackles. That's pretty productive IMO.

54 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Hear me out. While it would be a disservice to Fletcher Cox, could he be used in a trade? I don't think the DL took a step back without him yesterday. He's been playing fantastic this year, but there's so much youth behind him that just needs to be on the field. I'd love to see the Eagles veterans all retire as Eagles together but if he can bring back a player or draft pick that would help this team, you have to consider. 

Speaking of veterans, BG absolutely destroyed the Rams Center on that one play and while Olson mentioned it, we never got a good replay of it.

Tbh I’m not sure anyone is gonna trade for him knowing he has issues going on with his back. To the point he had to get an epidural. Frankly i kind of think there’s a chance if it doesn’t get better and gets worse that they look to try to bring suh back in a couple of weeks and bolster the interior even more. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Tbh I’m not sure anyone is gonna trade for him knowing he has issues going on with his back. To the point he had to get an epidural. Frankly i kind of think there’s a chance if it doesn’t get better and gets worse that they look to try to bring suh back in a couple of weeks and bolster the interior even more. 

I'd take Suh back along with CB help....

8 hours ago, eagle45 said:

I assume they’ll make their come back.  But they are in enough of a hole that they will have to travel for the divisional playoffs and championship game…if not wild card weekend too.  

They already made the Super Bowl having to do that. 

8 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

We need quality CB help in a trade....and the Rams were abusing our LB's in coverage, not sure if the return of Dean helps that.

Nah looks like roby might be ok there

6 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

Wouldn’t be mad to add Suh again. He played well

8 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Carter had 2 sacks and 4 tackles. That's pretty productive IMO.

Yeah i went to look at stats and nvm me. I just missed them live i guess

5 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

FB_IMG_1696851049833.jpg

*Extreme Vince Lombardi voice* "What we’re trying to get is a seal here and a seal here.”

8 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

Tbh i kind of think if any player is gonna be dealt before or at the deadline to acquire a position of need it’s likely Milton Williams. Williams is cheap for another year and a half. He’s got really good upside and versatility. He likely could be a starter on other teams and be productive. I don’t know how the eagles are going to be able to pay him along with other guys along the DL coming up for extensions or reworking their contracts. I could easily see a team like Arizona with Gannon wanting him or even Denver if the eagles called about Simmons or surtain.  

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

*Extreme Vince Lombardi voice* "What we’re trying to get is a seal here and a seal here.”

And Quez ran sideways.

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

I know he had the concussion, but what did Boston Scott do to Brian Johnson? We heard all summer about this 3 headed monster at RB. He went 5-40 against the Vikings before his concussion and now he can't sniff the field. Gainwell had the nice 1st down reception and maybe 1 run longer than 2 yards but I just don't understand their insistence to use him as to grind the clock down. 

I’m good with more Scott touches at Gainwell’s expense. They better leave Swift alone. 

1 minute ago, just relax said:

And Quez ran sideways.

Meant to ask you, there was a pass block rep where Lane rode Donald all the way inside on a stunt. Have you ever seen that in pass pro?

5 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Yeah i went to look at stats and nvm me. I just missed them live i guess

I missed some plays as well, I had wings on the Traeger lol. His one sack could have almost been the play of the game, but they gave back the yards and 1st down with a face mask penalty lol.

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He already missed one game this year with a concussion. Steichen is letting him take too many hits 

6 minutes ago, just relax said:

And Quez ran sideways.

Asked this during the game, i can’t remember when it was but when was the last time quez watkins had a positive type game for the eagles? It feels like before the commanders game last year and since he’s been more of a negative for the eagles. 

Archived