EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season thru Week 9 - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 44k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

I know he had the concussion, but what did Boston Scott do to Brian Johnson? We heard all summer about this 3 headed monster at RB. He went 5-40 against the Vikings before his concussion and now he can't sniff the field. Gainwell had the nice 1st down reception and maybe 1 run longer than 2 yards but I just don't understand their insistence to use him as to grind the clock down. 

Gainwell has run very well in short yardage.  Hes not getting gaping holes like Swift has, but he's carried out his role well.

We're not missing anything with Boston Scott right now.  I thought Gainwell had a really good game yesterday 

33 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Meant to ask you, there was a pass block rep where Lane rode Donald all the way inside on a stunt. Have you ever seen that in pass pro?

15 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

Gainwell has run very well in short yardage.  Hes not getting gaping holes like Swift has, but he's carried out his role well.

We're not missing anything with Boston Scott right now.  I thought Gainwell had a really good game yesterday 

Had a nice 3rd down catch in front the sticks, broke a tackle, kept his balance and converted… overall I was very happy to see the RBs get a chance to be involved in the passing game. 

A good win for the Birds; nice adjustments from the D in the 2nd half and the O was good enough to get it done.  More to come on the O, but it's also fair to say that we will be getting the best from the opposition this year after being at the SB.

Jalen Carer's usage of his upper body is elite - if you get him on his pads, it doesn't stop him.  The biggest issue that kid will have is himself.

Funny to see Dallas lose like that; their media paper champion image persists in perpetuity.  Got smacked in the mouth and disappeared.

4 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

A good win for the Birds; nice adjustments from the D in the 2nd half and the O was good enough to get it done.  More to come on the O, but it's also fair to say that we will be getting the best from the opposition this year after being at the SB.

Jalen Carer's usage of his upper body is elite - if you get him on his pads, it doesn't stop him.  The biggest issue that kid will have is himself.

Funny to see Dallas lose like that; their media paper champion image persists in perpetuity.  Got smacked in the mouth and disappeared.

Do we know what Desai did on the backend in the 2nd… it went from a Kupp/Puka show to no show? Was it simply getting Goodrich out and Roby in that gave the DL another second…

4 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

i love the way he just brushes linemen aside, its just obscene

4 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Do we know what Desai did on the backend in the 2nd… it went from a Kupp/Puka show to no show? Was it simply getting Goodrich out and Roby in that gave the DL another second…

I'm not sure, but it looked more tighter and there was pressure on Stafford.  They definitely amped it up on the DL

3 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

i love the way he just brushes linemen aside, its just obscene

It is.  I try watch what he does when it's highlighted.  He's has this knack to move his shoulders/arms and get around it.  Even 2 blockers aren't enough it seems

14 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

We're not missing anything with Boston Scott right now.  I thought Gainwell had a really good game play yesterday 

FYP

I wouldn't call a 7 for 17 yards stat line a really good game. Gainwell had a good play on a Hurts scramble and picked up a key first down, but he has not run as well as he has in the past. He's at 3.3 ypc on the season, far lower than his 4.5 ypc from last year. I like Gainwell and think he is a good change of pace back, but either he isn't playing well right now or the coaching staff is tipping their hat when they put him out there. I don't think Scott gives them much in the passing game, and probably why Gainwell is out there more than him.

I absolutely loved seeing Swift out wide and running routes. A player like that can put so much pressure on the defense. Would love to see some alignments with Swift out wide and Gainwell in the backfield.

Its nice to see the offense evolve over these first 5 weeks, you can tell they are improving and things are starting to click. AJ is fully on, they finally got Goedert going, I know DeVonta wasn't involved but its just a matter of time before they get them all on the same page. Hurts finally was allowed to run with physicality, you could tell the rams were not expecting that.

10 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Once Roby went in, you could tell he was communicating with hand signals and making sure everyone around saw it. I didn't see it as pronounced from Goodrich/Ricks. The rams seemed to get the Eagles to line up and then go in motion. In the beginning the Birds were struggling to communicate which receiver they were covering, and then when the rams went in motion it caused even more confusion. rams did a good job of stacking their receivers and showing different alignments.

This is my main reason why I'm not quite ready to use assets to grab a nickel/safety. I think the fundamental problem with the secondary is lack of communication or a faulty process to do so. Right now I feel you could put any all-pro DB back there and the issue will still exist. Roby was pretty violent with his hand signals, and I think that really helped others around him.

3 minutes ago, wussbasket said:

Once Roby went in, you could tell he was communicating with hand signals and making sure everyone around saw it. I didn't see it as pronounced from Goodrich/Ricks. The rams seemed to get the Eagles to line up and then go in motion. In the beginning the Birds were struggling to communicate which receiver they were covering, and then when the rams went in motion it caused even more confusion. rams did a good job of stacking their receivers and showing different alignments.

This is my main reason why I'm not quite ready to use assets to grab a nickel/safety. I think the fundamental problem with the secondary is lack of communication or a faulty process to do so. Right now I feel you could put any all-pro DB back there and the issue will still exist. Roby was pretty violent with his hand signals, and I think that really helped others around him.

Agreed - I saw the head tap that Roby was using to signal a switch as the Rams were running a weave/rub close to the LoS.

15 minutes ago, wussbasket said:

FYP

I wouldn't call a 7 for 17 yards stat line a really good game. Gainwell had a good play on a Hurts scramble and picked up a key first down, but he has not run as well as he has in the past. He's at 3.3 ypc on the season, far lower than his 4.5 ypc from last year. I like Gainwell and think he is a good change of pace back, but either he isn't playing well right now or the coaching staff is tipping their hat when they put him out there. I don't think Scott gives them much in the passing game, and probably why Gainwell is out there more than him.

I absolutely loved seeing Swift out wide and running routes. A player like that can put so much pressure on the defense. Would love to see some alignments with Swift out wide and Gainwell in the backfield.

Its nice to see the offense evolve over these first 5 weeks, you can tell they are improving and things are starting to click. AJ is fully on, they finally got Goedert going, I know DeVonta wasn't involved but its just a matter of time before they get them all on the same page. Hurts finally was allowed to run with physicality, you could tell the rams were not expecting that.

We need to see Swift in more designed passing plays for him. It seemed like yesterday as soon as he turned up field he had to make a move or was breaking a tackle. He's a mismatch that hasn't been utilized as such yet. More of a dump off.

1 hour ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

He already missed one game this year with a concussion. Steichen is letting him take too many hits 

They're cursed for what they did to Luck

1 hour ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

This is why I like how the Eagles match up versus the 49ers.  Not saying, they can’t expose us in other areas, but I think the Eagles match up better with them than any other team.

10 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Cowboys just aren't that team.

Dude you were in here sucking them off a few weeks ago

AVT is the Jets' best lineman. They're already down Duane Brown in week 6.

No reason for the DL not to dominate. If Cox is even iffy, he shouldn't play.

Quez playing 52 snaps compared to Zaccheaus playing 9 is head scratching. Yes, Hurts missed a wide open Quez in the end zone but there's no way you can tell me he should be getting 5x the snaps. 

Also, can we just cut Calcaterra and give his 6 snaps to Big O?

While I like Ricks as a prospect, prior to the rams game hes had 1 snap in the NFL. Why the F was the coaching staff asking him to cover Kupp right off the bat?

I think they wanted to ease Roby in, but it was very clear that Goodrich/Ricks were not going to be able to cover Kupp. Glad the coaching staff adjusted, but that plan had no chance from the start.

Hopefully the Browns can help us w/ the 49ers this week.  They have the defense to do it… And coming off a bye week

Not taking away from the 1st down that Gainwell had. Huge play in the game.

But Gainwell and Quez combined had 10 touches for 27 yards. 

9 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

The giants should’ve outlawed paying Daniel jones and drafting Neal. That’s their bigger issue 

Just now, bpac55 said:

Not taking away from the 1st down that Gainwell had. Huge play in the game.

But Gainwell and Quez combined had 10 touches for 27 yards. 

Quez with the impressive stat line on the year of 3 catches for 21 yards. 2 for 4 yesterday. That’s what Wendy’s used to have. 2 for 4 

Archived