EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season thru Week 9 - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

I am still not sure why they aren't getting Davis more snaps.  Maybe he is limiting his own snaps.  He is a force on the field and has played well.  It's possible he's just not out for obvious passing downs but he has played well enough in passing situations to be on the field.  

• Replies 44k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

The Super Bowl was never in play for the Jets.  Even with Rodgers, BUF is still better and MIA might be as well.  Acquiring Rodgers was about becoming relevant.

Well I mean Cousins puts up numbers but he’s not really relevant.

29 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

So that last Brotherly Shove where Hurts put the ball out past the first down line wasn't a first because?  Whistle came after he stretched it out

Goodell called down and told them to not count it.  

4 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Surprised Carter played that much bc it didnt feel like much production, but admittedly i was in and out with grilling

be curious what all22 shows for him

Certainly for the First Half the production was pretty scant.  Carter and Company weren't getting handled per se, but Stafford and the receivers were developing opportunities quickly , giving the D-Line little opportunity for "production."  It is clear that Desai and the players made Halftime adjustments that made the Second Half much different than the First.

22 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

They aren’t getting to the playoffs to even have any chance without him. I rather get to the playoffs and take whatever my chances are. That’s not happening with wilson

No fair but it would be a waste of draft picks. Coupons stinks in terms of what he delivers.

4 hours ago, NYEagle said:

We need quality CB help in a trade....and the Rams were abusing our LB's in coverage, not sure if the return of Dean helps that.

As I said to @ToastJenkins above, your statement holds true for the First Half, but I wonder whether the All 22 review will confirm that your statement also holds true in the Second Half.

The only game the Eagles defense has been on the field when we were behind in the score was during the WAS game.  A total of 9:02.

The other two times we were behind (MIN & LAR), the offense immediately retook the lead.

Five games....9 minutes.

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No fair but it would be a waste of draft picks. Coupons stinks in terms of what he delivers.

Joe Douglas and saleh might get fired if they don’t reach the playoffs. Don’t think draft picks at this point matters to them. Frankly the Vikings aren’t going to get Aaron Rodgers or Wilson like package for cousins. basically a half a season rental as he’s a FA at the end of the year. 

36 minutes ago, just relax said:

On that screen to Quez where both WRs had great blocks, did you see how irate Sirianni was after the play? That could have been a big play but Quez turned it into a loss. I'm pretty much done with him.

Yes. Yet they kept Quez in the game.  Quez isn’t quick.  On plays where Sirianni wants quick, play OZ, who is.  Quez’s value is straight line speed to raise the top of the D.  I said in an earlier post that I like the Quez/OZ combo.  I do want to see the All22 to get a better idea of the Coverages and what Nick and Brian were scheming against so that Quez got way more snaps than OZ.  My opinion may change. Rams version of Quez is Atwell.  Would you rather have Atwell than Quez? I wouldn’t. 

34 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Gainwell is also the most reliable RB we have in Pass Pro.  

Nope.  That’s Scott.  He’s like running full speed into a fire plug.  

7 minutes ago, mattwill said:

Certainly for the First Half the production was pretty scant.  Carter and Company weren't getting handled per se, but Stafford and the receivers were developing opportunities quickly , giving the D-Line little opportunity for "production."  It is clear that Desai and the players made Halftime adjustments that made the Second Half much different than the First.

Teams have been going after our secondary with quick passes which take away the strength of our D line.  Playing closer to the line and disrupting their routes is the adjustment. 

If Roby can hold his own in the slot and one of Edmunds, Evans or Brown can at least play decent at the other safety position, they should be fine.  I would still like a proven safety to be brought in before the deadline.  

4 hours ago, RLC said:

When your defense only plays 56 snaps, you're doing something right. 5-0 is 5-0.

At the same time, need to start rooting for some Lions losses. They're 4-1 with an easy schedule.

In the First Half Stafford was 12-17 for 147 yards 2 TDs and 1 Sack on 27 snaps in 3 possessions

In the Second Half he was 9-20 for 75 yards 0 TDs and 3 Sacks on 29 snaps in 5 possessions

Given the total Rushing yards for the game for the Rams was 54 on 14 carries, a game with a stat line of 18-40 for 150 yards passing with 6 sacks  yielding at total Offense of 54 plus 150 minus the sack yards is a total we would all take to the bank week after week after week.

13 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Yes, in a heart beat. Barnett is redundant and we could actually use some WR depth.

Need Barnett against teams with a strong running game.  He isn’t redundant.  

14 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I am still not sure why they aren't getting Davis more snaps.  Maybe he is limiting his own snaps.  He is a force on the field and has played well.  It's possible he's just not out for obvious passing downs but he has played well enough in passing situations to be on the field.  

Milton was the bigger need yesterday as McVay abandoned the run.

4 hours ago, Boogyman said:

Carter had 2 sacks and 4 tackles. That's pretty productive IMO.

2 of the 4 tackles were TFLs

44 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Would you trade Barnett for Hunter Renfrow?  Renfrow hasn't done much lately but neither has Barnett obviously

I don't hate this idea but I don't see them trading for him unless they get rid of Watkins.  

35 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I watched his film time and time again trying to talk myself in to wanting him and it was nothing like this. He didn't seem violent at all. I was 100% out on him going in to the draft. I  saw violence in Calijah Kancey's game and was sold on him. Can gladly say that I'm happy they went the direction they did. 

You see raw ability, but you don't see what he's doing now. It's night and day to me. One thing that might be helping him is that it looks like he used a 4-point stance at UGA which is more like a spring and the first move is almost up rather than in to the OL. He's using a heavy handed 3-point stance with the Eagles and that's helping him explode forward. 

I'm not sure what you consider violent.  He sheds o-linemen at will with his hands.  He hits hard when he gets a clean shot.  He throws people to the ground. It looks to me exactly how he has played this season.  

4 hours ago, Mike31mt said:

Gainwell has run very well in short yardage.  Hes not getting gaping holes like Swift has, but he's carried out his role well.

We're not missing anything with Boston Scott right now.  I thought Gainwell had a really good game yesterday 

What we are missing if the third back isn't taking any snaps, is reduced wear and tear on Swift and Gainwell.

7 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Milton was the bigger need yesterday as McVay abandoned the run.

I guess so but Davis was pushing his linemen back into the pocket on almost every pass rush he made.  I think the was very disruptive.  

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I'm sure it wasn't his intention to throw a right hook but that should have been unnecessary roughness.  

3 hours ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Do we know what Desai did on the backend in the 2nd… it went from a Kupp/Puka show to no show? Was it simply getting Goodrich out and Roby in that gave the DL another second…

Ricks was a contributor in the Second Half as well.  He had 13 snaps in total, and I'm looking forward to seeing how he was used when the All 22 comes out.

13 minutes ago, mattwill said:

2 of the 4 tackles were TFLs

Is that the sacks? Sometimes the stats are deceptive because sacks count in several categories.  That's not to say he wasn't dominant just remarking on the stats

3 hours ago, bpac55 said:

If the NFL were really concerned about injuries they would set up the schedule so that the two Thursday Night teams have a Bye the week before their game.  But they really aren't seriously concerned about injuries.  I think their commitment to Parity across the league is the biggest reason the Brotherly Shove may get outlawed.  The ability of the Eagles to execute that play  successfully is the antithesis of parity.

Going back to the bubble screen with Quez in the 2nd, they actually ran a very similar play the first play of the game with Quez and it went for 5 yards. First play was in bunch formation, and Quez could have gotten more there too, but he takes forever to get up to speed and can't break an arm tackle.

Archived