EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season thru Week 9 - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 44k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Is that the sacks? Sometimes the stats are deceptive because sacks count in several categories.  That's not to say he wasn't dominant just remarking on the stats

I was pretty sure they were different categories.  Here is the stat line from the NF:L's Gamebook.  But after reviewing the play-by-play there don't appear to be 5 TLs against the Rams unless you include Carter's two sacks and Reddick's two sacks.  Morrow had one in a running play in the first drive of the First Quarter. Morrow and Davis combined for one on a pass play in the first drive of the Third Quarter. Sweat had on on a pass play in the second drive of the Third Quarter, which also included a Forced Fumble.

Taken all together the TFL stat appears to be questionable on a number of levels.

Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 10.34.47 AM.png

32 minutes ago, EaglesIreland said:

After a few wins that we looked disjointed on yesterday I saw signs of the team I know we are. Not perfect but lots of good things to take away. 

Agreed 100%

1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

Need Barnett against teams with a strong running game.  He isn’t redundant.  

27 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Sweat and BG hold up just fine in the run game. 

we_gotta_believe is right as long as we don't have any injuries.  Barnett does provide injury insurance.  With that said, I wonder what Thomas Booker brings to the table as a DE?  We never got to see him in the Preseason.  He might be a more than sufficient replacement for Barnett.

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Quez Watkins has 12 receptions for 68 yards in his last 10 games played.

But his speed, blah blah blah blah.

Cut his snaps by half.  How freaking hard is to run a go route and take the safety out?   

Can somebody link the Baldy clip with Carter's snaps for me.  I lost it and want to forward it. 

Thinking about the red zone offense.

Last year Hurts had only 9 TD throws from inside the red zone.  6 of which were from inside the 10.

They are trying too many passes.  Just run the ball, especially in the high red zone.

3 minutes ago, jamiller said:

Can somebody link the Baldy clip with Carter's snaps for me.  I lost it and want to forward it. 

Let's keep in mind that our expectations this year are built off the way the team ended the year last year.  The most impressive blowout games last year were the Titans/Giants near the end of the regular season and then the Giants in the playoffs.  The other one was the Steelers which came in week 7.  I think we are right on track this year.

2 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

Just absurd

Yup, he's rag dolling grown men, scary part is he's only going to get better.😳

2 hours ago, vikas83 said:

Someone threw him a shoe from the stands and he signed it and threw it back.

austin-powers-who-throws-a-shoe.gif

I'd still like us to make a run at Julio Jones.  Won't cost us a draft pick.  Him and Smith can move in and out of slot depending on what the defense is giving us.  He played 25% of his snaps last year in the slot.  He's also a good blocker another thing we don't get from Quez 

4 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Anyone we should ask about?

Probably Justin Jefferson

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

I think the goal was to punch the ball out... but missed.  :lol: 

Lol at what point are they going to start calling the peanut punches like this unnecessary roughness???

I mean every week we hear about how dangerous the tush push is to player safety yet right here we got a LB straight up mortal combatting a WR and nary a peep.🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

By the way, the most infuriating moment of yesterday's game was the 3rd and 26 play. I'm literally saying out loud just before the ball is snapped to "just don't hold, or get an illegal contact penalty, or a facemask and we'll get the ball back with good field position." And yet I still wasn't confident that we'd be able to handle that simple task. And sure enough, facemask, first down.

Except... it wasn't a face mask.  It was a bad call.   Same as the hit on Hurts a few possessions earlier, where it was high, but under the facemask... it only LOOKED like a facemask.   And facemask penalties should be reviewable.  That's a black and white area.  

3 players who make sense for the Eagles at the trade deadline, 1.0

It seems likely that the Eagles will do something at the NFL's trade deadline this month.

Kempski_Headshot_2016-Final.jpg
By Jimmy Kempski
Jabrill Peppers (28), S, Patriots (5'11, 217)
Jeremy Chinn (25), S/LB, Panthers (6'3, 220)
C.J. Henderson (25), CB, Panthers (6'1, 205)

14 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

I'd still like us to make a run at Julio Jones.  Won't cost us a draft pick.  Him and Smith can move in and out of slot depending on what the defense is giving us.  He played 25% of his snaps last year in the slot.  He's also a good blocker another thing we don't get from Quez 

Meh Julio is washed and an injury risk.

If he were willing to come in and be the 4th WR enforcer roll where he basically blocks in bubble screens same role JJAW and then Paschal played and do it for cheap then sure 

But I'd guess he's not interested in that role.

2 minutes ago, mattwill said:

It seems likely that the Eagles will do something at the NFL's trade deadline this month.

By Jimmy Kempski

No to Peppers.  CJ has a 53.4 grade in PFF right now (maybe because team stinks).  Chinn maybe but think will cost to much.  I still like Tavierre Thomas

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Meh Julio is washed and an injury risk.

If he were willing to come in and be the 4th WR enforcer roll where he basically blocks in bubble screens same role JJAW and then Paschal played and do it for cheap then sure 

But I'd guess he's not interested in that role.

We're not signing him long term so no real injury concern risk.  In his last game in playoffs he went for 7 catches for 74 yards and a TD.

6 minutes ago, mattwill said:

By Jimmy Kempski

Peppers and Chinn would basically play the same role Edmunds was meant to as a hybrid Safety LB.

Eagles really need a safety who can cover not a LB/SS  hybrid.

Neither of the two would be upgrades over Evans as they'd be upgrades over Edmunds but hey I might be an upgrade over Edmunds 

Henderson really doesn't have any more upside than the other young corners on the roster.

I wouldn't trade for any of those guys but we'll see.

Archived