EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season thru Week 9 - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

We're not signing him long term so no real injury concern risk.  In his last game in playoffs he went for 7 catches for 74 yards and a TD.

Just because it's not long term doesn't mean he won't get hurt,dude has been hurt off and on the last few years.

He had barely 200 yards last year for the Bucs.

At this point in his career he's just a name.

• Replies 44k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2023/10/8/23909183/eagles-nick-sirianni-post-game-reaction-week-5-rams-win-culture-qb-sneak-brotherly-shove-success-nfl

Nick Sirianni says the Eagles won’t apologize for celebrating and having fun

The Eagles head coach talked post-game about the win over the Rams, and explained how the work they’ve put into the Brotherly Shove has let the play evolve.

On the Eagles culture

Sirianni was asked about running down the sideline to celebrate Haason Reddick’s late-game sack, and the head coach said that football is fun and he’s not going to hide his emotions.

"I want the culture of the Philadelphia Eagles to be: You can have great relationships, have a ton of fun, and still be highly, highly demanding. And that’s our culture.

So, when it’s wrong, on the coach’s part or on the player’s part, we’re gonna correct it, we’re going to be demanding, we’re going to hold everybody to the standard — including myself —, but when it’s time to celebrate and have fun, we’re gonna do that and we’re not gonna apologize about that.”

He also talked about being animated with Quez Watkins on the sideline at one point, to which Sirianni said he’d keep the coaching point between them, but reiterated that they’re going to be highly demanding, while having fun and great relationships. The head coach said Watkins made a big play on their first drive to get them out of some trouble, and they’re going to need him to keep making big plays.

"I know this: When [Watkins’] speed is on the field, it changes us as an offense.”

3 hours and change but who’s counting. Not this guy watching Phils highlights at work all day.

1 minute ago, mattwill said:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2023/10/8/23909183/eagles-nick-sirianni-post-game-reaction-week-5-rams-win-culture-qb-sneak-brotherly-shove-success-nfl

Nick Sirianni says the Eagles won’t apologize for celebrating and having fun

The Eagles head coach talked post-game about the win over the Rams, and explained how the work they’ve put into the Brotherly Shove has let the play evolve.

On the Eagles culture

Sirianni was asked about running down the sideline to celebrate Haason Reddick’s late-game sack, and the head coach said that football is fun and he’s not going to hide his emotions.

"I want the culture of the Philadelphia Eagles to be: You can have great relationships, have a ton of fun, and still be highly, highly demanding. And that’s our culture.

So, when it’s wrong, on the coach’s part or on the player’s part, we’re gonna correct it, we’re going to be demanding, we’re going to hold everybody to the standard — including myself —, but when it’s time to celebrate and have fun, we’re gonna do that and we’re not gonna apologize about that.”

He also talked about being animated with Quez Watkins on the sideline at one point, to which Sirianni said he’d keep the coaching point between them, but reiterated that they’re going to be highly demanding, while having fun and great relationships. The head coach said Watkins made a big play on their first drive to get them out of some trouble, and they’re going to need him to keep making big plays.

"I know this: When [Watkins’] speed is on the field, it changes us as an offense.”

Maybe Quez being on the field opened up things for goedert. I mean teams do have to respect that speed or he's shown he can make em pay , not lately but still...

I mean I tend to believe what the coach is saying over some TATEr

52 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

I've never seen someone just shrug off blockers with such comical ease.

For the old timers that watched Reggie White, was this what it was like having him?

How does Carter compare to a young Reggie?

2 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

For the old timers that watched Reggie White, was this what it was like having him?

Reggie was a lot better. Reggie was Babe Ruth.

29 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Lol at what point are they going to start calling the peanut punches like this unnecessary roughness???

I mean every week we hear about how dangerous the tush push is to player safety yet right here we got a LB straight up mortal combatting a WR and nary a peep.🤷‍♂️

Seriously. I’ve brought it up a bunch. Throwing overhand rights is not an actual football play/move. It’s absurd. 

4 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Dick Vermeil compared the two recently and said Carter: "To me, he reminds me of Reggie White. I don't wanna put pressure on him early, but I don't know if he has a limit. If you try to block him one-on-one, it's just a battle you're gonna lose. He is very impressive".

Coincidentally both Reggie and Carter had 3.5 sacks in their first 5 games.

11 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Reggie was a freak of nature but that is a very fair comparison to make.....Carter definitely is earning that comparison....I love him on this team....

20 minutes ago, RLC said:

Completely forgot that Goodrich did this to Purdy

More like Purdy did it to himself.

7 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I'm not so sure he was a lot better.. Reggie also had a couple of years in the AFL to hone his craft. Big as Reggie was, Carter is bigger.

Reggie was absolutely the most dominant DL in his time and Carter isn't there yet, if he ever gets there. I remember when Buddy put Reggie on the nose against Jeff Bostic and Reggie about killed him, and the QB behind him.

I would say Carter has a chance to be as good.

Just now, RLC said:

Reggie White had 13 sacks as a rookie. Carter needs to hit 10 to be in the same ballpark.

To be fair to history, Reggie's "rookie" year in the NFL was his 3rd as a professional, because he started with 2 years in the USFL (Memphis Showboats).

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

Reggie White had 13 sacks as a rookie. Carter needs to hit 10 to be in the same ballpark.

As I mentioned above, Reggie was actually a third-year pro when he came to the Eagles.

1 minute ago, just relax said:

I'm not so sure he was a lot better.. Reggie also had a couple of years in the AFL to hone his craft. Big as Reggie was, Carter is bigger.

Reggie was absolutely the most dominant DL in his time and Carter isn't there yet, if he ever gets there. I remember when Buddy put Reggie on the nose against Jeff Bostic and Reggie about killed him, and the QB behind him.

That's where I am with it....he has a chance to be as good but to see Reggie in real time was truly a pleasure. It is still very early in the season but I think Jalen has a very good chance to be every bit as dominant....

4 minutes ago, RLC said:

Reggie wasn't really a rookie in his NFL Rookie year.

My sense of Desai's adjustment in the second half was to show six rushers and consistently drop out two. Occasionally he would send five or six. The Rams had trouble picking it up. Nice adjustment.

They still need another safety. Evans made me nervous. Stafford missed on a post that would have put the Rams in front. It looked like Evans was late closing. I'll look to the All-22 for confirmation.

@RememberTheKoy there were a lot of good things about Hurts to talk about from Sunday's game ... good plays to break down.  An nobody is selling Hurts short. 

All that makes me wonder, where are you today?  Aren't we going to hear from you?

4 minutes ago, just relax said:

I think it’s a different league now.  Reggie didn’t play THAT long ago, but there’s still a little Wilt Chamberlain / Babe Ruth to his dominance.  I don’t know that a DL is going to stand out amongst their peers and above OL like that again…even a 25 year old Reggie in today’s nfl.  He might be the best defensive player in the nfl, but I bet his sacks per game takes a huge hit in comparison to the early 90s.

Archived