EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season thru Week 9 - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 44k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Opeta did a nice job which was very nice to see as he might be playing for a few more weeks

20 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Thought the same thing when theyvforst showed the replay.  Very lucky. 

2 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Opeta did a nice job which was very nice to see as he might be playing for a few more weeks

The Eagles did a nice job of adjusting their run game. The didn't have Opeta pull, even once. In line, double team, pin and pull where he does the pin, but not the pull. In pass pro, they generally slid to his side, with Kelce helping. Not always, mind you, but often. On that play where Baldy got all excited about Lane following Donald, Opeta blocked the DT by himself and did just fine. There was one cute play where he and Lane doubled Donald. Very nice. You could see him getting better as the game wore on and the play calls reflected it.

1 hour ago, mattwill said:

@RememberTheKoy there were a lot of good things about Hurts to talk about from Sunday's game ... good plays to break down.  An nobody is selling Hurts short. 

All that makes me wonder, where are you today?  Aren't we going to hear from you?

Matt,

What the hell are you doing?

5 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Said this yesterday but I'm always looking forward and how this team can continue to be great and keep their core together. Sometimes injuries can help in the long run. Getting an extended look at Opeta at RG could benefit in 2024 and beyond. Jurgens is the Center of the future. If Opeta proves he can be an every day starting RG, they can cross off a position of need before the offseason starts.

Steen is then looked at as OL6 next year. He's clearly more comfortable at Tackle. Then you look even further down the road when Lane retires, which is sooner than later. When that happens you might have Steen at LT and move Mailata to RT. If those questions are already potentially answered on the roster it lets them really focus on CB/S/DE/WR

1 minute ago, just relax said:

The Eagles did a nice job of adjusting their run game. The didn't have Opeta pull, even once. In line, double team, pin and pull where he does the pin, but not the pull. In pass pro, they generally slid to his side, with Kelce helping. Not always, mind you, but often. On that play where Baldy got all excited about Lane following Donald, Opeta blocked the DT by himself and did just fine. There was one cute play where he and Lane doubled Donald. Very nice. You could see him getting better as the game wore on and the play calls reflected it.

Yeah, I noticed them sliding toward him to help but he did what he needed to.  I expected a few glaring plays but didn't really see any.

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

Said this yesterday but I'm always looking forward and how this team can continue to be great and keep their core together. Sometimes injuries can help in the long run. Getting an extended look at Opeta at RG could benefit in 2024 and beyond. Jurgens is the Center of the future. If Opeta proves he can be an every day starting RG, they can cross off a position of need before the offseason starts.

Steen is then looked at as OL6 next year. He's clearly more comfortable at Tackle. Then you look even further down the road when Lane retires, which is sooner than later. When that happens you might have Steen at LT and move Mailata to RT. If those questions are already potentially answered on the roster it lets them really focus on CB/S/DE/WR

Perhaps but for now I'll settle for a backup we can count on to come in and spell guys at the Guard spots for now.

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Thought the same thing when theyvforst showed the replay.  Very lucky. 

He took way too many hits yesterday. I didn't understand the two straight sneaks at all. Doing the sneak from nearly 3 yards out didn't make any sense. Bang up Gainwell on 3rd if they insist on him being their short yardage back. 1-2 yard games seem to be his strength so have at it. Then if you must, sneak Hurts. 

35 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Chinn has upside over either Evans or Edmonds. He's also an option over Cunningham.  

I don't think he has the deep range to be an upgrade over Evans. Chinn lines up most often close to the line. As for an upgrade over Cunningham, No, 

Cunningham is a run stopping LB Chinn is a Safety who could possibly play dime LB which Cunningham doesn't play.

2 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

Homeboy looks like the poster boy for Antifa.  Very on brand tweet lol.

I unfollowed him a while back after someone posted something on I think 4th of July talking about their love for America and he responded with something like "America is a country that routinely oppresses people and etc, etc. America sucks."

So not surprised to see these takes coming from the same guy.

12 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

The better Opeta looks, the great the chance somebody else signs him as a starter next year if Kelce doesn't retire. 

6 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

He will be wearing a f Philly one soon

They will all be outfit coordinating that game with some cheesy undershirts. 

12 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Perhaps but for now I'll settle for a backup we can count on to come in and spell guys at the Guard spots for now.

Oh no doubt. It's great to know that Opeta can fill in. Heaven for bid Kelce gets hurt and Jurgens has to slide over...we know that it won't be that difficult to fill the spot.

Archived