EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season thru Week 9 - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

31 minutes ago, bitbased said:

It's amusing that I keep seeing highlights of people saying how good Purdy is and the highlights are just showing him throwing passes to receivers that have 5+ yards of separation. Not saying he's not playing well but I don't think it could get any easier.

• Replies 44k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice job Turner. 

No matter what happens I'm glad they are making him throw a lot of pitches. Hope that thing rips open. 

I’ll say this now… Dallas will always be your enemy of course they will. We will always hate Dallas most. But man SF are a damn unlikeable team. They score a lot of points but it feels like a team that you just can’t even acknowledge are a good team. Their players go over the top with every damn celebration even late in the game when they are cruising. They play so angry which I know is passion but they just seem hateful.

18 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Ask George W. Bush.  His dodge of the shoe, that little grin and dodge of the second shoe were epic.  

Indeed that was a great moment.... and at the same time a terrible moment.  How could we let that happen to our President?  Secret Service was a bit lax, I guess.

@e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! BOHM!

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Also to be fair to history, Reggie only played in 13 games as a rookie, not sure why so few.

I recall it having to do with his contract situation and the official folding of the USFL. Things didn't settle on that front until late September. I believe his first game was against the Giants in early October. It's a game I missed because I went on a planned trip to Niagara Falls that weekend. Heard afterwards that Reggie was great in his debut. I was excited because I knew that while the team stunk and was never going anywhere under Marion Campbell, it would be great moving forward to have such a brilliant player on your roster.

2 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I recall it having to do with his contract situation and the official folding of the USFL. Things didn't settle on that front until late September. I believe his first game was against the Giants in early October. It's a game I missed because I went on a planned trip to Niagara Falls that weekend. Heard afterwards that Reggie was great in his debut. I was excited because I knew that while the team stunk and was never going anywhere under Marion Campbell, it would be great moving forward to have such a brilliant player on your roster.

I thought it might have been related to that.  Couldn't remember.

Lots of pitches from Fried to start the game.  Shame we didn't get 2 there, but I think we'll be in the bullpen tonight fairly early.   Blister... already behind... and this is absolutely a MUST WIN game for the Braves.  They can't afford to be patient with Fried.

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Why does Watham stop guys so much?   With a lefty next up, make them throw you out.  

Yeah, that was a freaking shame

1 minute ago, vsptroops said:

This damn team with the bases loaded. 

3-1 I'd have like him to take again unless it was utterly amazing down the middle

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I’ll say this now… Dallas will always be your enemy of course they will. We will always hate Dallas most. But man SF are a damn unlikeable team. They score a lot of points but it feels like a team that you just can’t even acknowledge are a good team. Their players go over the top with every damn celebration even late in the game when they are cruising. They play so angry which I know is passion but they just seem hateful.

I don't hate Dallas the most.... they haven't done sheet in damn near 30 years 

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Why does Watham stop guys so much?   With a lefty next up, make them throw you out.  

With two outs, you have to take The chance. I get you have Bryson Scott coming up. But with two outs, take the risk because if you get thrown out at the plate, then you have stott coming up as your lead off hitter the next inning. And if he scores, you still have Bryson stott coming up.

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

With two outs, you have to take The chance. I get you have Bryson Scott coming up. But with two outs, take the risk because if you get thrown out at the plate, then you have stott coming up as your lead off hitter the next inning. And if he scores, you still have Bryson stott coming up.

Exactly.  Make them throw you out.  I'm not worried about Rosario's arm.  Make him prove it.   Just hope Watham doesn't get stupid like he did the last time he made the wrong call in the first inning.

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't hate Dallas the most.... they haven't done sheet in damn near 30 years 

Who do you hate the most bud?

3 hours ago, mattwill said:

3 players who make sense for the Eagles at the trade deadline, 1.0

It seems likely that the Eagles will do something at the NFL's trade deadline this month.

Kempski_Headshot_2016-Final.jpg
By Jimmy Kempski
Jabrill Peppers (28), S, Patriots (5'11, 217)
Jeremy Chinn (25), S/LB, Panthers (6'3, 220)
C.J. Henderson (25), CB, Panthers (6'1, 205)

Kempski is just dumb on this one.  The Eagles don’t need a S/LB tweener.  Heck, that’s the problem with Edmunds.  They get exposed when asked to drop and when one S can’t drop, they stifle what the defense can do and disguise.  Blankenship and Evans aren’t the best dropping Ss which forces them to play a bit deeper than ideal.  Neither have ideal speed.   What the Eagles lack at S will be solved with Brown getting healthy and more experience.  

Jobe is better than Henderson.  Heck, Ringo might be.

IMHO, Howie already pulled off the trade he needed this year in Swift.  

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Exactly.  Make them throw you out.  I'm not worried about Rosario's arm.  Make him prove it.   Just hope Watham doesn't get stupid like he did the last time he made the wrong call in the first inning.

In a match up where runs are going to be hard to come by you have to send him. I get it if there‘s no outs or one out. That would make sense. But with two out the only way you’re getting a run home is it by a hit or an error. The percentage is tell you it is less likely you’re going to get a hit or an error then you’re gonna make it out to end the inning. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Who do you hate the most bud?

Giants in our division followed by the Steelers overall also probably the commanders just because of how sheety of an organization it is lol

12 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Because his last name starts with "Wat…”. Anyone whose last name starts that way just suck. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

In a match up where runs are going to be hard to come by you have to send him. I get it if there‘s no outs or one out. That would make sense. But with two out the only way you’re getting a run home is it by a hit or an error. The percentage is tell you it is less likely you’re going to get a hit or an error then you’re gonna make it out to end the inning. 

Yup.   And with 2 outs, Bohm gets a better jump than with 0 or 1 out.   

Besides, throwing a seed to home is tough, especially when you are stressing because you are already down 0-1 in the series and the Phils have already jumped out to a lead in the first.   The Braves are going to start to press a little more.

Archived