EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season thru Week 9 - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Because his last name starts with "Wat…”. Anyone whose last name starts that way just suck. 

spacer.png

• Replies 44k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't hate Dallas the most.... they haven't done sheet in damn near 30 years 

You're doing this whole "Eagles fan thing" wrong then, my friend.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Yup.   And with 2 outs, Bohm gets a better jump than with 0 or 1 out.   

Besides, throwing a seed to home is tough, especially when you are stressing because you are already down 0-1 in the series and the Phils have already jumped out to a lead in the first.   The Braves are going to start to press a little more.

Also, in this equation, there’s a chance a better chance he makes a poor throw and allows you to get potentially another run as opposed to him throwing a dart to home. The percentages tell you there’s more likely a chance he scores and there’s a bad throw then there’s a great throw

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Also, in this equation, there’s a chance a better chance he makes a poor throw and allows you to get potentially another run as opposed to him throwing a dart to home. The percentages tell you there’s more likely a chance he scores and there’s a bad throw then there’s a great throw

100%.   Almost like Little League... run on them until they prove to you that you can't.  

Speaking of.... Rojas on 1st.    Tougher against Fried to steal than Strider.   But, Rojas could likely make it with a good jump even on first move even if Fried goes to first.  

Didn't get to the game in ATL since I didn't get free until really late. Now I'm just watching from a 27" TV at a bar near me hotel instead. Woohoo lol

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

100%.   Almost like Little League... run on them until they prove to you that you can't.  

I don’t have the numbers, but the Phillies have the analytics on Rosario. So if the analytics tell them, he doesn’t have the greatest arm to throw out runners then makes it even worse. And I don’t think he is a cannon arm from what I’ve read. 

2 outs now with Turner up.    Go for the bag.  If you get there, scoring position.  If not, Turner leads off the next inning.

3 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

You're doing this whole "Eagles fan thing" wrong then, my friend.

Lol I know I know 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I don’t have the numbers, but the Phillies have the analytics on Rosario. So if the analytics tell them, he doesn’t have the greatest arm to throw out runners then makes it even worse. And I don’t think he is a cannon arm from what I’ve read. 

Even with a cannon, it has to be on line.  

14 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

With two outs, you have to take The chance. I get you have Bryson Scott coming up. But with two outs, take the risk because if you get thrown out at the plate, then you have stott coming up as your lead off hitter the next inning. And if he scores, you still have Bryson stott coming up.

Yeah but both shots were RIGHT TO the fielder. And got out there fast too.  I'm all for pushing but they plays weren't there at all IMO.

Not as much stress in that inning, but still more stressful than empty bases.    Fried won't get past 5.  

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

51 pitches in 2 innings? That guy is fried!

I see what you did there.

4 minutes ago, jamiller said:

Yeah but both shots were RIGHT TO the fielder. And got out there fast too.  I'm all for pushing but they plays weren't there at all IMO.

With two outs you take a chance. It’s far less likely with two outs that you get an hit or error to score the runs. In a game where there’s going to be minimal runners and minimal runs you have to take chances.

Only Turner can go from making a great play one game to butchering a routine ground ball the next. 

Just now, bitbased said:

That was the compensation for Trea making that crazy play on Saturday

Can’t give a team like atlanta extra outs. Usually winds up hurting you 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Can’t give a team like atlanta extra outs. Usually winds up hurting you 

Yep....F'ing hell

Archived