EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season thru Week 9 - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 44k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a Phillies fan;

can someone give me a quick summary of how theyve been able to play so well? Is it just their deep lineup and starting pitching?

1 minute ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Not a Phillies fan;

can someone give me a quick summary of how theyve been able to play so well? Is it just their deep lineup and starting pitching?

They’ve gotten really good starting pitching and bullpen has been good so far this playoffs. hitting has been up and down with RISP but they’ve had enough big hits to score enough runs 

Not a Phillies fan;

Momentum

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

What an awful call to strike stott out. 

They just called that same exact pitch a ball to Stott earlier in the count too

Not a Phillies fan;

The pitching has just been doing work really. They've barely had to make any plays in the field.

They are gonna lose 35 to 10 next time and Dak only throws 2 picks 

2 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Not a Phillies fan;

Strictly speaking, the goal is to score more runs than your opponent.  So, keep them from scoring, while you score more.   Phillies have been doing that very well.

it was too close to take.  and I thought it was a strike.  fried has been all over the place so wouldn't have shocked me if he didn't get that strike but he did and like I said it was probably the right call by the umpire.  

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

They just called that same exact pitch a ball to Stott earlier in the count too

Yeah it’s why I’m not against robo umps for balls and strikes. It’s progressively gotten worse over the last decade. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think it was a strike.    Tough pitch.   Tip the cap.

You just got your a$$ handed to you.   Shut up and take it.   Do your talking on the field.   And by that I mean by your play, not your mouth.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Stott says no so it was a ball.  Guy has a great eye.  I missed the replay so I am unburdened by any actual knowledge.

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Gotta make the playoffs first 😂

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

A NON-Strike out OUT?!   WUT?!?!

Ironically, the out still landed in Realmuto's mitt.    :D

4 minutes ago, DieselEagle said:

it was too close to take.  and I thought it was a strike.  fried has been all over the place so wouldn't have shocked me if he didn't get that strike but he did and like I said it was probably the right call by the umpire.  

That pitch is below the K zone. None of the ball crossed over the zone.  It was a ball and they just called it a ball is the other thing. Only reason it looks close to a strike is the frame job by the catcher Murphy. 
IMG_9169.thumb.jpeg.2e05c81f8cfab8e06d4bfe45febb4e49.jpeg

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Ironically, the out still landed in Realmuto's mitt.    :D

He almost caught that one foul tip in the first too.  He was doing the blaming the mitt thing by squeezing it a few times.  

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

That pitch is below the K zone. None of the all crossed over the Zoe.  It was a ball and they just called it a ball. Only reason it looks close to a strike is the frame job by the catcher Murphy. 
IMG_9169.thumb.jpeg.2e05c81f8cfab8e06d4bfe45febb4e49.jpeg

I knew it! ;)

9 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

That was an excellent take by stott. The replay showed it never went in the zone. Murphy made it look a hell of a lot closer cause of his frame. Also they called that a ball early so consistency isn’t there to call it a strike. (Picture above it really wasn’t a strike) 

Archived