EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season thru Week 9 - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 44k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

That was an excellent take by stott. The replay showed it never went in the zone. Murphy made it look a hell of a lot closer cause of his frame. Also they called that a ball early so consistency isn’t there to call it a strike. (Picture above it really wasn’t a strike) 

I'm going to take the ump's side.   Too close to take with 2 strikes.  But, it doesn't matter... Phillies already have enough to win this one with the way Wheeler is dealing.    (Of course, some more tack on runs will always be welcomed.). 

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I'm going to take the ump's side.   Too close to take with 2 strikes.  But, it doesn't matter... Phillies already have enough to win this one with the way Wheeler is dealing.    (Of course, some more tack on runs will always be welcomed.). 

Can side with the ump. But the K zone clearly shows it’s not a strike.
IMG_9169.thumb.jpeg.2e05c81f8cfab8e06d4bfe45febb4e49.jpeg 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Can side with the ump. But the K zone clearly shows it’s not a strike.
IMG_9169.thumb.jpeg.2e05c81f8cfab8e06d4bfe45febb4e49.jpeg 

I've seen the picture 3 times now.   And I don't care.  I hate the K zone.  It was too close to take with 2 strikes.

And we just heard the excuse from the Braves... too much time off to pitch well.  Last year Strider was hurt... this year its Fried.   Boo freaking hoo.  Do better.

I want the Phillies to kick the Braves butts, but I actually like Brian Snitker. He seems like a Charlie Manuel type of guy.

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I've seen the picture 3 times now.   And I don't care.  I hate the K zone.  It was too close to take with 2 strikes.

And we just heard the excuse from the Braves... too much time off to pitch well.  Last year Strider was hurt... this year its Fried.   Boo freaking hoo.  Do better.

Phillies got that identical pitch called a ball earlier and it was also called on a ball for wheeler. So if they are gonna say ball earlier and that’s what he’s going off of it’s an excellent take and eye by stott. If it’s going to be inconsistent and change on that at bat then i have a hard time blaming stott for not swinging. 

Harper really has a chance to break this open. 

20 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Not a Phillies fan;

can someone give me a quick summary of how theyve been able to play so well? Is it just their deep lineup and starting pitching?

They pitch the ball and get lots of strikes and hit the ball sometimes and score some runs some other times 

1 minute ago, bitbased said:

Bryce getting overzealous and striking out right now would surprise me 0%

Didn’t strikeout. Was a bad pitch to swing at. Was definitely a ball and a pitch he could do minimal damage with. 

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Phillies got that identical pitch called a ball earlier and it was also called on a ball for wheeler. So if they are gonna say ball earlier and that’s what he’s going off of it’s an excellent take and eye by stott. If it’s going to be inconsistent and change on that at bat then i have a hard time blaming stott for not swinging. 

Ok

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

They pitch the ball and get lots of strikes and hit the ball sometimes and score some runs some other times 

I forgot to mention the pitching and hitting.   Good call.

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It's obvious they should not have humans calling balls and strikes. It's only a matter of time at this point

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

This crowd has no pulse 

Kinda makes me happy I didn't go. I probably would've gotten shanked lol

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

This crowd has no pulse 

What are you saying?   I've been told repeatedly by the media that the Braves fans are passionate and great.   

1 minute ago, pgcd3 said:

It's obvious they should not have humans calling balls and strikes. It's only a matter of time at this point

I’m not against them going to it. It’s actually gotten worse in the last 10 years. Someone on Twitter had a whole thread on it. It’s to the point at least you get consistency with robo umps and players aren’t getting tossed or arguing as much. 

I am starting to want a little blooper hit with two outs for the Braves at some point... just to... you know... simplify decision making later.

Archived