EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season thru Week 9 - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 44k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

If they lose a series at some point, what will be the reason other than bats going cold? 

Giving up too many runs.

Just now, Aerolithe_Lion said:

If they lose a series at some point, what will be the reason other than bats going cold? 

Would be a guess likely bullpen didn’t hold up as guys got worn down. Could also be if Ranger and nola don’t pitch as well and they run into a team that has two ace type pitchers like the Astros had last year. 

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

1st base ump is BAD with these check swings.

Wasn't even close. 

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I swear to hell he just calls them strikes no matter what

7 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

A hot looking girl comes up to me at the bar yesterday while watching the game   She saw me in my Eagles gear so she starts telling me how much she loves Jason Kelce. 

A couple of drinks later she tells me that she would totally f' Kelce.  I'm like well I can put on my Kelce jersey, fake beard and we can pretend. She looks at me and says you aren't fat enough 🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I feel like the 3rd base ump in the Marlins series was pretty bad too

2 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Isn't it also true that this doesn't necessarily hold up at the top end of the spectrum of great players? The idea being that, if you're really, REALLY good as a kid, it doesn't matter if you're six months younger than your teammates. Great is great, birthdays be damned.

Yup.

Best example is in soccer. The truly great players are getting PT on top clubs as young as 15. Guys like Ronaldo (both of them) and Messi are world class before they hit their 20’s.

But strength isn’t as decisive in soccer as it is in most American sports, while skill can compensate more than in American sports.

1 minute ago, bitbased said:

I feel like the 3rd base ump in the Marlins series was pretty bad too

Neither was as bad as Angel though.

Archived