• Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

They did but damn if that isn't a deflating loss. 2 outs 2 strikes...ugh

As deflating a loss as possible

1 minute ago, jamiller said:

Meh. We wanted 1 and got it.  

Should have had 2. Braves go to Philly feeling good and with the momentum

Big missed opportunity tonight.  Needed to finish this one, but...they are coming back to CBP and we can finish this series at home.  Braves don't want to come to Philly.  But... here they come, and we'll be ready for them.

Just now, shlo said:

Im confident.  This team has the mojo.  A LOT of close ish had to happen for them to get that.  Right to the wall on the go ahead and same on that last shot. 

Needed 1 got 1. Head home and finish this up.

5 minutes ago, shlo said:

I'll give you feeling good.  Momentum, I cannot agree.  Going into our hell hole tied is NOT momentum.  WE have the momentum.  THEY barely escaped a sweep.  

7 minutes ago, shlo said:

They lost one at home should have lost two... not all that much momentum

10 minutes ago, jamiller said:

Meh. We wanted 1 and got it.  

Yeah,that is a momentum swing that wins a series not just a game. Nola will crack under the pressure. 

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

That pitch is below the K zone. None of the ball crossed over the zone.  It was a ball and they just called it a ball is the other thing. Only reason it looks close to a strike is the frame job by the catcher Murphy. 
IMG_9169.thumb.jpeg.2e05c81f8cfab8e06d4bfe45febb4e49.jpeg

yeah I guess it was a ball, still too close to take.

Take it easy, guys.  Nola is pitching Game 3 and all your angst will go away …. until the 5th inning

9 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

As deflating a loss as possible

Yeah, not ideal.  but really leaving Atlanta 1-1 is what we wanted.  So right on schedule.  

1 minute ago, Diehardfan said:

Yeah,that is a momentum swing that wins a series not just a game. Nola will crack under the pressure. 

Welp... no sense in watching the rest of the games. Sixers pre-season just started and there's that other Philly team that's 5-0 that I think plays the Jets Sunday.

There is no momentum in baseball, it's as good as your next game's starting pitcher and the Phils have the best big game pitcher in decades going Wednesday.

Just now, Diehardfan said:

Yeah,that is a momentum swing that wins a series not just a game

I think we double them up 8 to 4 in game 3.  Who are they bringing?  Elder?  or AJ whatever his name is?  And we trot out Nola.  I feel pretty good about it.  

Definitely disappointed.  Mostly lost due to Topper's decisions.  Not pulling Wheeler in the 7th, pulling Alvarado too early and having not knowing how to play small ball.  I mean has the guy ever heard of bunting around a runner on base with no outs down by 1 in the 9th?

That being said, I think they bounce back in Game 3.  And have a chance to close out at home in Game 4

7 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

There is no momentum in baseball, it's as good as your next game's starting pitcher and the Phils have the best big game pitcher in decades going Wednesday.

I heard there's no crying in baseball either. What do I know. I'm a 'only watch baseball in Red October" casual fan :)

Just now, Cliftoma said:

Definitely disappointed.  Mostly lost due to Topper's decisions.  Not pulling Wheeler in the 7th, pulling Alvarado too early and having not knowing how to play small ball.  I mean has the guy ever heard of bunting around a runner on base with no outs down by 1 in the 9th?

No one on this team knows how to bunt for sheet though

2 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

That being said, I think they bounce back in Game 3.  And have a chance to close out at home in Game 4

It’s a legacy game for nola on Wednesday. A lot about how people will ultimately remember him and frankly this entire year comes down to what he looks like in game three.

27 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

They did but damn if that isn't a deflating loss. 2 outs 2 strikes...ugh

It was... but... there's an off day, then they are back in Philly and we go with Nola who looked really sharp last game.   We aren't in bad shape.  We are still in control of the series.   

And... we aren't the Dodgers!  :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

No one on this team knows how to bunt for sheet though

That's insane.  There aren't 2-3 guys that can lay down a bunt on this roster?

Just now, Cliftoma said:

That's insane.  There aren't 2-3 guys that can lay down a bunt on this roster?

Not that I've seen all year @e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! can clarify, I could be wrong

Thank god we are fair weather fans or Id be more upset right now

Archived